Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I think it should be Srinath @ 157k's. After that should be Aaron and Ishant at around 153k's.

Yes

Fastest ball by Indians 

Srinath       157 k

Aaron        153.4 k in domestics,   152.5 k in internationals

Ishant       152.6 k

Umesh      152.5 k

Shami       151.1 k

Nehra       149.7 k

Sreesanth 149.x k

Bumrah    148.1 k

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Srinath's  top 3 recorded speeds  157 k,  156 k, 154.5 k

basically twice or thrice recorded comfortably ahead of Aaron/Ishant/Yadav/Shami in terms of top speed. But i guess he was slower than Aaron/Yadav and even Shami in usual speed in stock balls, just apparently had those fast spells during the 1996-1998 period pre rotator cuff. 

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes

Fastest ball by Indians 

Srinath  157 k

Aaron    153.4 k in domestics,   152.5 k in internationals

Ishant   152.6 k

Umesh  152.5 k

Shami   151.1 k

who can top Srinath ? someone needs to do that lol hit 158 that will be cool or even 160 - pak will have a melt down when an Indian guy does it. it can be done probably in a game against bd or zim as you can spare a spray gun in them..or a one bowler short because of cramps or exhaustion ( like Akthar used to do, go all out first 3 overs and walk out of ground after first spell in a LOI ! and call it fitness issue)

2 minutes ago, Vilander said:

basically twice or thrice recorded comfortably ahead of Aaron/Ishant/Yadav/Shami in terms of top speed. But i guess he was slower than Aaron/Yadav and even Shami in usual speed in stock balls, just apparently had those fast spells during the 1996-1998 period pre rotator cuff. 

If we had regular speed-gun usage between 1991 and 1997, Srinath would have impressed with his stock ball speeds too      : )

8 minutes ago, Vilander said:

who can top Srinath ? someone needs to do that lol hit 158 that will be cool or even 160 - pak will have a melt down when an Indian guy does it. it can be done probably in a game against bd or zim as you can spare a spray gun in them..or a one bowler short because of cramps or exhaustion ( like Akthar used to do, go all out first 3 overs and walk out of ground after first spell in a LOI ! and call it fitness issue)

I would love another  155 k + pacer to emerge from India now  !

2 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

During 95-97, Srinath would be clocking 150+ quite often. That's because he clicked 149.6 pretty easily, in the first match of WC99, after his injury. 

In all his tours to SA and Zim, I think he was bowling absolutely express.

I agree. I think he was express quick in the early and mid 1990s.

14 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kohli said in a post-match interview in SL that Bumrah's good length balls have " picked up speed " nowadays  and he getting more edges as a result.

thats music to my ears.. i think he may play in tests in africa as he is kinda required to win tests in africa. only one spinner will be played there and that could be Ashwin and it could be shammi.umesh,bumrah and hardik manning the pace attack.

if bumrah does not play , siraj could be given the go in the test ahead of ISHANT. Ishant's value in tests will become open against lanka now. 

i think they may rest some pacers also against lanka as they are confident to beat lanka on indian grounds and may not play shammi or umesh , may play one in every test as both are not required to beat Lanka , siraj can be given a chance.

14 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

thats music to my ears.. i think he may play in tests in africa as he is kinda required to win tests in africa. only one spinner will be played there and that could be Ashwin and it could be shammi.umesh,bumrah and hardik manning the pace attack.

if bumrah does not play , siraj could be given the go in the test ahead of ISHANT. Ishant's value in tests will become open against lanka now. 

i think they may rest some pacers also against lanka as they are confident to beat lanka on indian grounds and may not play shammi or umesh , may play one in every test as both are not required to beat Lanka , siraj can be given a chance.

Team has been chosen for first 2 tests and there is no Bumrah or Siraj.

9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Yes

Fastest ball by Indians 

Srinath       157 k

Aaron        153.4 k in domestics,   152.5 k in internationals

Ishant       152.6 k

Umesh      152.5 k

Shami       151.1 k

Nehra       149.7 k

Sreesanth 149.x k

Bumrah    148.1 k

The most impressive names for me in this list are Shami and Sreesanth. Their ability to swing at 140+ is awesome. Can barely remember srinaths bowling. 

2 hours ago, Vk1 said:

The most impressive names for me in this list are Shami and Sreesanth. Their ability to swing at 140+ is awesome. Can barely remember srinaths bowling. 

Just to let you know, Srinath missed multiple opportunities to get hattricks. I think atleast 4-5 times. In the 90’s, he held a record in test cricket of removing 2 batsmen in the 1st Over itself. This happened about 2-3 times atleast. Should give you some indication what a terrific bowler Srinath was!

All this without any mentor, any senior helping him and without any worthy bowling partner for majority of his career.

About Sreesanth, well he has bowled in 150k’s. I have seen him. Can’t pinpoint which match. 

4 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Just to let you know, Srinath missed multiple opportunities to get hattricks. I think atleast 4-5 times. In the 90’s, he held a record in test cricket of removing 2 batsmen in the 1st Over itself. This happened about 2-3 times atleast. Should give you some indication what a terrific bowler Srinath was!

All this without any mentor, any senior helping him and without any worthy bowling partner for majority of his career.

About Sreesanth, well he has bowled in 150k’s. I have seen him. Can’t pinpoint which match. 

Agree..except for the odd match most of the mid 80s born kids like me missed the best of Srinath I guess.. the best indian fast bowling spell I have seen is of zaheer bowling to Aussie middle lower order in Delhi or Mohali in 2008. That was some hell of a spell of reverse swing.

Edited by Vk1

at 27 i think Varun Aaron has probably lost favor, he might never make it to India squad as a fast man again.

But here is a tribute to his pace. Being credited for stu broads decline as an alrounder.

"One man who is probably less enthused about the prospect of facing short-pitched bowling in Australia is Stuart Broad, who admitted to having “nightmares” after being hit on the grille by a bouncer from India’s Varun Aaron in a Test at Old Trafford in 2014. Broad, who scored a Test century against Pakistan at Lord’s in 2010, once had pretensions of being a genuine all-rounder for his country but his batting has never recovered from the incident with Aaron that left him with a broken nose and two black eyes. "

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cricket/ashes-2017-england-s-batsmen-warned-that-australia-will-attack-with-bouncer-barrage-a3657026.html

At times i feel Aaron probably was a geneuine case of a 150+ test bowler wasted.