express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

The remaining 4 bowlers Bumrah/Shami/kuldeep and Chahal are matchwinners in their own right. IMO, these 4 are more potent than our batting unit and the team management must look to play all 4 of them in important matches.

Take Pandya as the 5th bowler and Jadhav as the 6th we don't need Bhuvi.

2 hours ago, Stan AF said:

He will wilt against batting heavy sides for sure. His ineptitude is masked by 4 other bowlers.

This may very well be true but it's difficult to drop him when he's been performing since Asia cup . Especially since Khaleel hasn't done much. Bhuvi is  still better than chahar and kaul.

4 hours ago, Stan AF said:

He will wilt against batting heavy sides for sure. His ineptitude is masked by 4 other bowlers.

Enough evidence to say that he's more of a death bowler these days and mostly picks those cheap wickets at death with huge support from Bumrah at the other end in the sense that batsman instead of relying on their release shot ends up smacking mindlessly at Bhuvi once Bumrah's over ends.

6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Using the same logic, he should be the first name in tests seeing his phenomenal average in last 2 years

1 hour ago, CSK Fan said:

Using the same logic, he should be the first name in tests seeing his phenomenal average in last 2 years

I'm sorry!!!.  Was he selected for the recently concluded Australian tour?. My bad.

17 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Nasty bouncer from Umesh bowled at 145k's. Hits the batsman's shoulder and he is getting some treatment for that.

7 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Another nasty ball at 143k hits the batsman's thumb. Consistently bowling around 140k's in this spell. 

Quick and hostile spell by Umesh, bro !

The only question I have for Umesh is ... When you can bowl with this kind of pace, hostility, accuracy and swing ... why did you bowl the way you did in Perth and the first test in England   ??

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Quick and hostile spell by Umesh, bro !

The only question I have for Umesh is ... When you can bowl with this kind of pace, hostility, accuracy and swing ... why did you bowl the way you did in Perth and the first test in England   ??

Yeah hostile spell from him. He got angry too when a catch just fell short of the short leg fielder. I don't think I have seen him get this animated on the field before. He needs to bring this aggression when playing international cricket. 

Bro he had such a great opportunity in Perth and England but he completely messed it up. He should only be played in India from now on. 

11 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Yeah hostile spell from him. He got angry too when a catch just fell short of the short leg fielder. I don't think I have seen him get this animated on the field before. He needs to bring this aggression when playing international cricket. 

Bro he had such a great opportunity in Perth and England but he completely messed it up. He should only be played in India from now on. 

Bro ... Kohli / Shastri  (  the new KS  )  should tell Umesh that he is a genuine fast bowler and should think and bowl like one.

Looks a completely different bowler when he does so.

This match clearly proves that Umesh has not lost pace (  like we thought ) but has decided to cut down on pace in many international matches in the last 12 months.  Needs some pep talk and a kick on the backside if needed.

P.s -  Another case of both improved pace and improved accuracy when in rhythm. Umesh need not cut down pace for accuracy.

Edited by express bowling

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh 18th over

140 k

140 k

140 k

145 k

-

144 k

With accuracy and hostile bounce.

Perhaps he thought himself to be Steyn kindish bowler and extract as much as he could ffrom the conditions and then go full throttle when the bowl gets older,but much to his disappointment ,the said moment never arrived,he went for plenty earlier in his spell simply by straying it on to the pads most of the times and never came back from there,he is a type of bowler who is skiddy and will always trouble batamen with his sheer skiddy pace,that is also catalyzed by sc conditions

Umesh picks up the set Snell Patel with an outswinger.  His feet stopped moving after Umesh's bouncer barrage and Patel getting hit on the helmet.  He looked afraid to come to the line of the ball. 

This is what good bouncers do.  The best set up delivery for picking wickets.

I hope Bharat Arun is watching this spell and can guide Umesh and our other quicks regarding the use of hostile bouncers effectively.

The 3 Indian fast bowlers used the surprise bouncer or set-up bouncer or hostile bouncer very well in the test series against Australia  ...  So, some thought process must have gone into this.

Edited by express bowling

34 minutes ago, Mosher said:

that is because he lacks the temperament to be a quality international test bowler.  Skills, pace are one thing.  many bowler can have them but temperament is what sets them apart.

That is why I was saying ki Umesh has deliberately cut down on his pace, this guy can still clock 147-148 and yet choose to bowl slow,which is not his forte, he should just concentrate on his out swingers which is his strength and mix it with off cutters like steyn does. 

Funny thing is

Khaleel getting smashed.  But this is most impressed I have been in him since played for India loooooooool  Genuniley!

Bowling many balls 140 to 143.  And bowiling accurate actucally.  Just its t20 and batters having fun

If can maintain and improve those speeds with this accuracy could have a future

Should not be in wc squad though, too raw

didnt watch the game today but good to see Khaleel hitting 140 plus, need to see the HL.  Hopefully will get  better, wont any judge anyone on this game as every got thrashed today.

just saw Khaleel's first two overs today.  He actually bowled just one bad ball that short and wide 2nd ball of the second over, went for six but that is the nature of T20s.  You need defensive bowling in T20s.

2 hours ago, tweaker said:

There only one change in the India A squad , with the middle-order batsman Karun Nair included at the expense of the fast bowler Avesh Khan

Why is Avesh Khan not selected for the next  match. Is he going to be selected for the odi series against Australia

Avesh is there in the squad. It was an error.

Screenshot_20190208-113601.png

Hardik needs to incorporate more variations in his bowling esp when he is playing at such a small ground with fast outfield where chances of nicks edging past fielders are very high.

He bowled at a decent pace today but the lack of slower bowls contributed to worsening his economy.

10 hours ago, Dhruved said:

Avesh is there in the squad. It was an error.

Screenshot_20190208-113601.png

This indicates that after shammi bhuvi umesh ishant bumrah..

These 4 are the premier fast bowlers for test bowling.

Avesh varun navdeep shardul.

Where as for odi khaleel Siraj sidkaul are behind bhuvi shammi bumrah

8 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

This indicates that after shammi bhuvi umesh ishant bumrah..

These 4 are the premier fast bowlers for test bowling.

Avesh varun navdeep shardul.

Where as for odi khaleel Siraj sidkaul are behind bhuvi shammi bumrah

Feel better ,looking at Test back ups. Just add in Mavi to get exposure ASAP. 

One dayers -> Not much one day bowling skill in reserves