express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

On 2/27/2019 at 4:13 PM, King Tendulkar said:

He bowled not fast

He was not fast medium

He was EXPRESS.  Clokcing 150 and 151

Plus control

Crazy speeds.  And the guy has control and movement.  Must be india squads

why are no commentators not even discussing Saini...

why is it only we are discussing the same.

Bumrah had chance to break fastest 100 wickets but now looks hard after picking less wickets in this series.

Bumrah has played 49 innings and has taken 85 wickets. He needs to take 15 wickets in next 3 matches to equal starc which looks impossible. He can equal stat with Lee or Shami though.

Fastest to 100 ODI wickets (innings taken) [Pacers]

52 Mitchell Starc & Shane Bond
54 Brett Lee
55 Mohammad Shami

56 Boult

Edited by Nikola

24 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Bumrah had chance to break fastest 100 wickets but now looks hard after picking less wickets in this series.

Bumrah has played 49 innings and has taken 85 wickets. He needs to take 15 wickets in next 3 matches to equal starc which looks impossible. He can equal stat with Lee or Shami though.

Fastest to 100 ODI wickets (innings taken) [Pacers]

52 Mitchell Starc & Shane Bond
54 Brett Lee
55 Mohammad Shami

56 Boult

Kuldeep has a great chance to break Starc's record... Rashid Khan's record might remain like that of ten doeschate's

. There on books but nobody bothers..

18 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Kuldeep has a great chance to break Starc's record... Rashid Khan's record might remain like that of ten doeschate's

. There on books but nobody bothers..

yeah kuldeep has chance and he will break but i was talking just about pacers.

3 hours ago, ind_hyd1 said:

Mavi is out of IPL 2019,may be around for 6 months 

I think we can safely forget that mavi or Kamlesh ever existed.. unless they go through years of rehabilitation like pat Cummins went through

10 hours ago, Vk1 said:

I think we can safely forget that mavi or Kamlesh ever existed.. unless they go through years of rehabilitation like pat Cummins went through

No that is wrong. Pat Cummins kept getting injured whenever he made a come back, getting different injuries. Stress fractures take 6 months to a year to heal. Nagarkoti will be back in next 2-3 months. For Mavi, he will be back by year end. It also depends whether they have to go through surgery or not. Both Aaron and Umesh had multiple stress fractures, still they made it.

Deep das gupta is speaking highly about Navdeep Saini and calling him out as 140K + on average pace and a bowler with good judgement and inteligence. 

with Umesh not using his head 50 percent of time , it could make sense picking saini as the 4th Pacer and even giving him debut in world cup Subject to Saini doing very well in the IPL.

As far as Raydu or KL Rahul- My choice is KL Rahul and shreyas Iyer as additional batsman.

I would not pick neither Karthick nor Rishabh and MSDHONI will be the only wicket keeper.

i am also impressed with Mayank Agarwal

the only Spinner can be Kuldeep and Jaddu and kedar as Spinning allrounder. NO space for Chahal.

hardik only Pace all-rounder.

1. Rohit
  2. Dhawan
  3. kohli
  4. shreyas iyer and KL rahul both. Not interested in raydu.
  5. kedar
  6. msdhoni
  7. hardik 
  8. kuldeep
  9. shammi
  10. bhuvi
  11. bumrah
  12. My Choice Saini as 4th pacer , Second choice Umesh Yadav
  13. Jadeja ( additional Spinning all rounder)
  14. Deepak Chahar ahead of Vijay Shankar. deepak can also BAT though not as good as Vijay Shankar but kinda like BHuvi. Deepak is a swing bowler and is a Like to like replacement of Bhuvi. england can have swing-friendly conditions and I am tempted to play a SWing bowler.

these are 15 as I have KL rahul as additional batsman , he or shreyas iyer should be our no 4, iyer is preferred choice.

Knowing england , the pitches will not favour Spinners but will create swing friendly conditions. we have bumrah and shammi as fast bowlers and bhuvi and deepak chahar as swing bowlers and hardik as a Genuine all rounder.

Spinner is Kuldeep and back up is Jaddu

additional bowling is kedar who will be in 11.

Saini is a genuine fast bowler who is not too erratic like umesh , if selectors cant trust him then they should pick Umesh , gambhir supports saini big time. umesh is a good fielder and is improving his batting too.

i am not in favour of khaleel or Siraj for risky world cup.

On 3/15/2019 at 3:45 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

Deep das gupta is speaking highly about Navdeep Saini and calling him out as 140K + on average pace and a bowler with good judgement and inteligence. 

with Umesh not using his head 50 percent of time , it could make sense picking saini as the 4th Pacer and even giving him debut in world cup Subject to Saini doing very well in the IPL.

As far as Raydu or KL Rahul- My choice is KL Rahul and shreyas Iyer as additional batsman.

I would not pick neither Karthick nor Rishabh and MSDHONI will be the only wicket keeper.

i am also impressed with Mayank Agarwal

the only Spinner can be Kuldeep and Jaddu and kedar as Spinning allrounder. NO space for Chahal.

hardik only Pace all-rounder.

1. Rohit
  2. Dhawan
  3. kohli
  4. shreyas iyer and KL rahul both. Not interested in raydu.
  5. kedar
  6. msdhoni
  7. hardik 
  8. kuldeep
  9. shammi
  10. bhuvi
  11. bumrah
  12. My Choice Saini as 4th pacer , Second choice Umesh Yadav
  13. Jadeja ( additional Spinning all rounder)
  14. Deepak Chahar ahead of Vijay Shankar. deepak can also BAT though not as good as Vijay Shankar but kinda like BHuvi. Deepak is a swing bowler and is a Like to like replacement of Bhuvi. england can have swing-friendly conditions and I am tempted to play a SWing bowler.

these are 15 as I have KL rahul as additional batsman , he or shreyas iyer should be our no 4, iyer is preferred choice.

Knowing england , the pitches will not favour Spinners but will create swing friendly conditions. we have bumrah and shammi as fast bowlers and bhuvi and deepak chahar as swing bowlers and hardik as a Genuine all rounder.

Spinner is Kuldeep and back up is Jaddu

additional bowling is kedar who will be in 11.

Saini is a genuine fast bowler who is not too erratic like umesh , if selectors cant trust him then they should pick Umesh , gambhir supports saini big time. umesh is a good fielder and is improving his batting too.

i am not in favour of khaleel or Siraj for risky world cup.

We actually need someone who can keep his cool on the day when the going gets tough... Don't think any of our probables have the experience apart from Shami. Really worried about our other death bowler and our fourth bowler should be capable backup for Bhuvi if he's not doing the job. 

4 hours ago, putrevus said:

looking good , any idea how tall he is?

He must be around 6 1'-2. Will definitely play next u19 WC if fit.

Edited by rkt.india

12 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

This Hasnain is clearly chucking here,no wonder bowling with full sleeves

These cheaters should be held by their collar

Which channel showing it?

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hasnain has  bowled  136 k to 144 k in his first 3 overs.

It's extremely cold in Cardiff, not the best weather to play cricket or bowl fast. Single digits temperatures.

8 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Hasnain bowled quickest of 91mph in his 4th over. Mavi and Nagarkoti are quicker. 

Hasnain is pacy ... but nót as quick as hyped by the Pakistani ex-cricketers.

Did not visually hurry batters either, atleast today. 

And his action looks dicey.

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hasnain is pacy ... but nót as quick as hyped by the Pakistani ex-cricketers.

Did not visually hurry batters either, atleast today. 

And his action looks dicey.

Can't judge pace in these cold conditions.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

All the other pacers of both sides were bowling at their usual speeds and Shaheen was a tad quicker than usual.

shaheeh shah is much more promising. don't know why there is so much hype about hasnain. reminds me of pak fans who claimed that zahid bowled at 160-180 kmph at his "peak".

7 hours ago, Vijy said:

shaheeh shah is much more promising. don't know why there is so much hype about hasnain. reminds me of pak fans who claimed that zahid bowled at 160-180 kmph at his "peak".

That’s a myth. What they actually know is that Zahid was as fast as Shoaib Akhtar when their career coincided for a year around 1998. However, Shoaib at that point of time used to operate around 152-153 at his absolute fastest. That too the odd deliveries.

Thats their reference point, and the same goes for ex Pakistani cricketers. It just means Zahid was a 151-153 bowler, which is ok to believe .

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

That’s a myth. What they actually know is that Zahid was as fast as Shoaib Akhtar when their career coincided for a year around 1998. However, Shoaib at that point of time used to operate around 152-153 at his absolute fastest. That too the odd deliveries.

Thats their reference point, and the same goes for ex Pakistani cricketers. It just means Zahid was a 151-153 bowler, which is ok to believe .

not 98 but 96 it was when Zahid made his debut for Pak.  But the thing is Shoaib had a better bowling action than Zahid.  Shoaib kept gaining pace.  Zahid kept losing.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

not 98 but 96 it was when Zahid made his debut for Pak.  But the thing is Shoaib had a better bowling action than Zahid.  Shoaib kept gaining pace.  Zahid kept losing.

Zahid made his debut around 95-96. However, for a year or so, Shoaib and Zahid played together which was around 98-99. That was when the myth was created that Zahid was faster than Shoaib. Which he indeed could be then, because Shoaib wasnt a consistent 150 bowler at that point of time.

10 minutes ago, the don said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=91008&d=1557

Hasnain was even quicker against Australia in ODI's in UAE heat than he was in t20 cricket.
He will definitely challenge for the fastest bowler in the tournament , personally  though i feel that Haris Rauf is more ready for international cricket. 
Pakistan have missed a trick ,  Haris is quality

Edited by the don

10 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Zahid made his debut around 95-96. However, for a year or so, Shoaib and Zahid played together which was around 98-99. That was when the myth was created that Zahid was faster than Shoaib. Which he indeed could be then, because Shoaib wasnt a consistent 150 bowler at that point of time.

But the pace comparison is probably from 96, not 98. Zahid was dropped in 98 as he had lost pace after his injury in 97 on SL tour.

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But the pace comparison is probably from 96, not 98. Zahid was dropped in 98 as he had lost pace after his injury in 97 on SL tour.

Shoaib was not there in 96. There was no reference point in 96. Zahid was still fast in 98. Shoaib and Zahid played together against Australia, during their tour to Pakistan. I think thats where the comparison is from. 

Also, in 96-97, Zahid was never touted to be that fast. He played against India in Toronto and the batsmen were never hurried. Neither the Pakistani commentators ever spoke about Zahid's express pace. 

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Shoaib was not there in 96. There was no reference point in 96. Zahid was still fast in 98. Shoaib and Zahid played together against Australia, during their tour to Pakistan. I think thats where the comparison is from. 

Also, in 96-97, Zahid was never touted to be that fast. He played against India in Toronto and the batsmen were never hurried. Neither the Pakistani commentators ever spoke about Zahid's express pace. 

I remember seeing a video of his test debut where he looked really quick, taking 11 wickets. I think had suffered an injury which had slowed him down.  Regarding comparison with Akhtar, it was not in games but during coaching camps in their early years, not with Pak team.

Edited by rkt.india