Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

7 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Have you seen the list of players in our bench? We got wicket taking fast bowling unit. They will make your batsmen shake in fear.

hey it was you who said pak bowling is back not me. it has to be somewhere bad for it to be back. moreover dont get me wrong, in many athletic divisions Indians usually dominate pak because of their physical differences, we are different people Indians being physically bigger and stronger makes it an uphill task for small pakistani folks...in cricket you guys manage to compete..because its a non contact sport.

10 minutes ago, Vilander said:

hey it was you who said pak bowling is back not me. it has to be somewhere bad for it to be back. moreover dont get me wrong, in many athletic divisions Indians usually dominate pak because of their physical differences, we are different people Indians being physically bigger and stronger makes it an uphill task for small pakistani folks...in cricket you guys manage to compete..because its a non contact sport.

Lmfao This post just made me laugh. Won't argue with that stuff you posted after the bold.

As for the bolded part. Yeah I agree we were not doing too well in the fast bowling department as we are now. We had moments where our key bowlers were banned for corruption. So bowlers like Junaid Khan and Umar Gul had to take the metal of being the spearhead of the attack. Bowlers like Wahab Riaz got too many chances due to connections. So our fast bowlers to some extent were not good enough as the previous line ups. But now we got more than one fast bowler who is willing to take the game on to the opposition. Which is good to see cause by having more options you got more reason to rotate your bowlers in order to keep them fit. Without feeling a loss of the other. Like in this series we really did not miss Amir. We had good enough fast bowlers without him.

Edited by Shaz1
5 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Lmfao This post just made me laugh. Won't argue with that stuff you posted after the bold.

As for the bolded part. Yeah I agree we were not doing too well in the fast bowling department as we are now. We had moments where our key bowlers were banned for corruption. So bowlers like Junaid Khan and Umar Gul had to take the metal of being the spearhead of the attack. Bowlers like Wahab Riaz got too many chances due to connections. So our fast bowlers to some extent were not good enough as the previous line ups. But now we got more than one fast bowler who is willing to take the game on to the opposition. Which is good to see cause by having more options you got more reason to rotate your bowlers in order to keep them fit. Without feeling a loss of the other. Like in this series we really did not miss Amir. We had good enough fast bowlers without him.

you have good bowlers, yes. But they are not fast. meaning they are accurate and swing it have very good skills but they are not fast. They trundle ins tests at 120 all day, they hit 140 in loi but every team does. 

9 minutes ago, Vilander said:

you have good bowlers, yes. But they are not fast. meaning they are accurate and swing it have very good skills but they are not fast. They trundle ins tests at 120 all day, they hit 140 in loi but every team does. 

Thats cause fast bowling is a dieing art in todays cricket. Its no longer about throwing it fast. Its about having proper line and length with variety of skills. Due to the pitches being the way they are also the bats having the extra wood. Now a days the more faster you bowl the more faster you get hit out of the ground. 

8 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

Thats cause fast bowling is a dieing art in todays cricket. Its no longer about throwing it fast. Its about having proper line and length with variety of skills. Due to the pitches being the way they are also the bats having the extra wood. Now a days the more faster you bowl the more faster you get hit out of the ground. 

No rest of the world does not throw..throwing and bowling are two different actions in rest of the world...

oh ok line and length cool...yeah i know pak are line and length bowlers now.. medium pacers.

17 minutes ago, Vilander said:

No rest of the world does not throw..throwing and bowling are two different actions in rest of the world...

oh ok line and length cool...yeah i know pak are line and length bowlers now.. medium pacers.

So they don't bowl only we do? Since they don't throw I guess Pakistan is the only country with bowlers.

If we are medium pacer than your bowlers are slow arm bowlers.

Edited by Shaz1
10 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

So they don't bowl only we do? Since they don't throw I guess Pakistan is the only country with bowlers.

If we are medium pacer than your bowlers are slow arm bowlers.

dude Indian bowlers bowl 15-20ks quicker than pak in tests. 118-133 vs 132 -149 there is a huge difference. Your guys are medium pacers, Indian new ball pair and first change are fast bowlers. Pandya our alrounder hits 132 -144 in tests. 

In LOI Bumrah is quicker than every pak bowler Wahab when he plays can bowl quicker than him though in few spells. other even out. 

I know its tough to admit for you but its obvious when you look at the folks, down to physical ability..genetics, bone density, stature etc..

17 minutes ago, Shaz1 said:

ok this is hilarious. 

bowl is not equal to throw. when you pick up a ball from the field and throw it to the keeper you are throwing, when you bowl you keep you do not straighten your elbow.

19 minutes ago, Vilander said:

ok this is hilarious. 

bowl is not equal to throw. when you pick up a ball from the field and throw it to the keeper you are throwing, when you bowl you keep you do not straighten your elbow.

Still gotta throw the ball to make it hit the wicket. All thanks to science. ;)

Hope our selectors and team management monitor the workloads of Shami, Umesh, BK, Bumrah and Ishant. Dont know how wise it is to have Shami and Umesh bowl around 35-40 overs in a Ranji game. BK and Bumrah too are playing lot of ODI's and T20's without much break. Need all of them fit and firing for the SA series. This SL series is a pointless series. Wanted the selectors give our frontline pacers a break for the SL series and give some new pacers a go.

Edited by Mosher