Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

28 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

There is something wrong with Umesh, one thing is match fitness n not bowling enuff so lacking rhythm, injured no, but niggle maybe, he is down in pace by at least 10 k, I hope he is played enuff or goes back to Ranji before SA tour, I hope selctors pickup Bumrah, think he will be a good test bowler as well.

More than speed its about accuracy. Speed he might bring back again as he works hard on that aspect, but the portant thing here is that he is inconsistent with his line and length and thats been the story of his career other than few series earlier at home.

If he goes back to Ranji, which he should, doesn’t mean he comes right back. Then we are better of in investing in some youngsters or uncapped players. 

6 hours ago, Cricketics said:

More than speed its about accuracy. Speed he might bring back again as he works hard on that aspect, but the portant thing here is that he is inconsistent with his line and length and thats been the story of his career other than few series earlier at home.

If he goes back to Ranji, which he should, doesn’t mean he comes right back. Then we are better of in investing in some youngsters or uncapped players. 

Pace is a good indicator of rythm, if a bowler who can bowl 90 mph or close to it on average is bowling 86 mph on average n not being accurate, means he is not bowling with rythm or carrying a niggle, so speed is a good indicator for a particular bowler.

Edited by MCcricket
13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Umesh probably is carrying a niggle but because of his fitness levels he is getting through. But he was crap yesterday.

no, there is no niggle. He was playing Ranji, would not have if there was a niggle. He reduced his pace to get accuracy but lost both. He often does that. He is at his best when he bowls at his quickest.

13 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Pace is a good indicator of rythm, if a bowler who can bowl 90 mph or close to it on average is bowling 86 mph on average n not being accurate, means he is not bowling with rythm or carrying a niggle, so speed is a good indicator for a particular bowler.

It is but 137 is still fast and he has had this kind of rhythm even when he was express fast, so this rhythm is predictable. Speed might be done but his bowling line has been inconsistent like this in the past too, that is why lot of people who have been big Umesh fan here are asking to move on from him for now. 

18 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

no, there is no niggle. He was playing Ranji, would not have if there was a niggle. He reduced his pace to get accuracy but lost both. He often does that. He is at his best when he bowls at his quickest.

I wonder why there is a tendency to reduce pace intentionally among Indian pacers, when other pacers from different teams are looking to bowl as quick as they can.  

14 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

It is but 137 is still fast and he has had this kind of rhythm even when he was express fast, so this rhythm is predictable. Speed might be done but his bowling line has been inconsistent like this in the past too, that is why lot of people who have been big Umesh fan here are asking to move on from him for now. 

yes 137 is fast but at times when bowler is intentionally tries to slow down to consciously on a greenish pitch to be accurate, he does not bowl his natural way and at times, not complete his action and lose accuracy.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

yes 137 is fat but at times when bowler is intentionally tries to slow down to consciously on a greenish pitch to be accurate, he does not bowl his natural way and at times, not complete his action and lose accuracy.

Yes that is more understandable in ODI’s. In test match this excuse of poor line can’t be related to low speed because Umesh bowled good amount of overs through out two days. The guy is fittest among all three seamers who were playing, so its not that there was any injury concern or anything.

He has been this hot and cold for a long time. Even during his best days.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Yes that is more understandable in ODI’s. In test match this excuse of poor line can’t be related to low speed because Umesh bowled good amount of overs through out two days. The guy is fittest among all three seamers who were playing, so its not that there was any injury concern or anything.

as i said he was bowling slower intentionally and due to that he did not bowl  his natural way and was probably losing his action and accuracy but that is not an excuse. If he cant sort his bowling out after 7 years of his debut, then you should not play for India.

20 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

yes 137 is fast but at times when bowler is intentionally tries to slow down to consciously on a greenish pitch to be accurate, he does not bowl his natural way and at times, not complete his action and lose accuracy.

Umesh's natural fuller length wont have worked yesterday, he should have be told to bowl a bit shorter, i am wondering if he tried to get to that good length and ended up loosing rythm or just slowed down trying to get that good length. In any case he would have been better off trying to bang short and then go full, yes there was no swing but he would not have looked as bad as he did yesterday swing or no swing.

21 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

this and his 3 saves in third man consecutive deliveries running in either side. He was super quick and threw perfectly, its unlikely that he had any leg or shoulder injuries..i guess it looks like what RKT says happened he tried to be accurate and get that good length by slowing down and ended up messing it up. 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1st test 2nd  innings against SL

Shami --  Fastest  144 k   Average  138 k    

Umesh -- Fastest  140 k   Average  137 k    ( bowling much slower in the last 4 months.  Why  ? )

Bhuvi --   Fastest  137 k   Average  131 k

http://www.bcci.tv/india-v-sri-lanka-2017/match/01

Still Umesh is not very Bad at least he is averaging 137K Still.

if he goes under 135K average , then he definitely will be DUMPED.

I am Surprised to See Bhuvi averaging 131-132 K in Second innings but Still looking DEADLY DANGEROUS in the second innings.

i have always been biggest critic of Bhuvi,always not interested in watching him bowl and never interested in him being in the team,even wrote against him.

he has slapped critics like me big time , on helpful tracks BHUVI IS A TIGER.

to beat Umesh and SHammi on this helpful track and win Man of the match and with bowling figures the look Mean.

Hats OFF to you BHUVI.

this is my priority list , i don't consider bhuvi as a pacer so i am not naming Bhuvi and Sandeep sharma in this list. not including pandya too as he is an all rounder.

1.BUMRAH.

2.Shammi.

3.Umesh/Avesh KHAN.= Both in form can be Terror.

4.ANKIT RAJPUT/Varun Aroon- Both are very good.

5.Basil thampi /Siraj/pradeep Sanghwan- I think first two are ready to play for INDIA and third one has Potential.

5.Ishan Porel/Nathu Singh- very promising and can play for INDIA.

6.Khejroliya/Lalit yadav...good left arm quick and talent right arm- currently not international standard but can become.

7.Ishant Sharma- i rate him very low as he has got enough opportunities already and still he does not bowl the WICKET TAKING Good length balls instead bowls short of length stuf, if a batsman is adamant of ducking , he can avoid ishant.

8.Khaleel,dinda,kaul,aniket chawdhary- i dont think they will play for india in future. Below International level.

Truth is bumrah is the BEST in all formats , just that he is not played in tests, if he is played he will become the BEST, he is already the best in ODI and T20.

30 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1st test 2nd  innings against SL

Shami --  Fastest  144 k   Average  138 k    

Umesh -- Fastest  140 k   Average  137 k    ( bowling much slower in the last 4 months.  Why  ? )

Bhuvi --   Fastest  137 k   Average  131 k

Shami had a 144.x his wicket of Chandimal and Umesh had a 141.x i remember seeing a 139 from Bhuv..are we talking about different innings or may be you are being conservative.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i have always been biggest critic of Bhuvi,always not interested in watching him bowl and never interested in him being in the team,even wrote against him.

he has slapped critics like me big time , on helpful tracks BHUVI IS A TIGER.

On being questioned about Bhuvi's performance, Kohli said that Bhuvi is bowling a heavy ball these days and that is resulting in more wickets.

Many of us had talked about this issue earlier and it feels good to see that view being endorsed by an international cricketer.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Shami had a 144.x his wicket of Chandimal and Umesh had a 141.x i remember seeing a 139 from Bhuv..are we talking about different innings or may be you are being conservative.

I quoted from the BCCI website and provided the link.

This was just the 2nd innings ( just a few overs )

These are the first innings speeds I posted earlier in this thread 

1st test 1st innings against SL

Shami --  Fastest  145 k   Average  136 k    ( despite dehydration and cramps  )

Umesh -- Fastest  141 k   Average  135 k    ( bowling much slower in the last 4 months.  Why  ? )

Bhuvi -- Fastest  139 k   Average  133 k