express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

2 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Pakistan is felding some u25 like their Afghani brethren,this time around as well

Why not u35 ?? 

Manjot kalra and Mavi werent part of the pakistani lineup last time aroune were they?  I wouldn't be accusing other teams if i were you with that record tbh. 

8 minutes ago, the don said:

He is 18. Not 16 but definitely not over 19. Its a fact. 

According to the news he was 16 in early 2016 and that news came in 2016 during a fast bowling camo. I am sure he wasn't 16 even in 2016. How can he be 16 in 2020.  I had first read about him in 2016 about a 16 year old promising quick.

Edited by rkt.india

2 minutes ago, the don said:

Why not u35 ?? 

Manjot kalra and Mavi werent part of the pakistani lineup last time aroune were they?  I wouldn't be accusing other teams if i were you with that record tbh. 

Manjot and Mavi weren't actually u25 lol,had it (the case)been with Pakistan ,they wouldn't even have come under scrutiny,part and parcel of life for you guys:p:

And Mavi hasn't been found at fault as yet

Just now, Suhaan said:

Manjot and Mavi weren't actually u25 lol,had it (the case)been with Pakistan ,they wouldn't even have come under scrutiny,part and parcel of life for you guys:p:

And Mavi hasn't been found at fault as yet

Dont justify cheating. Kalra was caught. 

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

According to the news he was 16 in early 2016 and that news came in 2016 during a fast bowling camo. I am sure he wasn't 16 even in 2016. How can he be 16 in 2020.  I had first read about him in 2016 about a 16 year old promising quick.

He is 18. Confirmed. 

He was a kid when he moved to Lahore from Lower Dir. 

He isnt a day older than 18.

Just now, Suhaan said:

As it is evident

How could you not spot the two age fudgers and the druggie in the indian u19 side last time around, as you seem to be good at it. 

24 minutes ago, the don said:

How could you not spot the two age fudgers and the druggie in the indian u19 side last time around, as you seem to be good at it. 

Coming from someone who comes from age fudging land just go back and preach it to your people,so that they don't send U30s and put Afghan u25 to shame

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Coming from someone who comes from age fudging land just go back and preach it to your people,so that they don't send U30s and put Afghan u25 to shame

you should better watch akash chopra"s video on age fudging in india

1 hour ago, rock777 said:

you should better watch akash chopra"s video on age fudging in india

Bloddy at least bcci don't mask fudging or cheating....on the other hand pacb welcomed cheaters, prisioners and terrorist relatives with Garland. Regarding age pcb should last one to talk about it all cricketers played for your country were at least 2 year older than hat they said . Ex: pcb was brandishing shah as 16 yr old  fast bowler to take 5 wkts and pcb and Pakistani has no shame.

2 hours ago, rock777 said:

The fact is shami is more of a fast medium bowler

Then Cummins is a fast-medium bowler too ... as their speeds are quite similar in test matches.

Shami usually bowls a fastest of 147 k to 144 k ... and average speed of 141 k to 137 k, excluding slower balls.

Half the fast bowlers bowl at that speed too.

2 hours ago, rock777 said:

he is not one who can mantain his pace actually in odi odi series against windies alzari joseph was quicker than shami in terms of both average and peak speed

In ODIs, many smart bowlers don't bowl at their quickest on sluggish tracks. As they don't want to give batters extra pace to hit.

5 minutes ago, rock777 said:

fastest bowlers today

stark           148.5

cummins    147.5

saini            146.7

hazlewood  146.5

bumrah        146.1

shami           143

Elite bowlers! 

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Then Cummins is a fast-medium bowler too ... as their speeds are quite similar in test matches.

Shami usually bowls a fastest of 147 k to 144 k ... and average speed of 141 k to 137 k, excluding slower balls.

Half the fast bowlers bowl at that speed too.

In ODIs, many smart bowlers don't bowl at their quickest on sluggish tracks. As they don't want to give batters extra pace to hit.

how many times shami has hit 150 in test matches besides a genuine fast and fast medium bowler may have pace difference  of 3 to 5 kph and in tests shami averages in mid 130s while cummins is atleast 3kph quicker than shami in tests

16 minutes ago, rock777 said:

how many times shami has hit 150 in test matches besides a genuine fast and fast medium bowler may have pace difference  of 3 to 5 kph and in tests shami averages in mid 130s while cummins is atleast 3kph quicker than shami in tests

Average speeds of the quickest pacers in tests in 2018 ....  (  All deliveries in all tests of 2018 considered  )

1. Starc.            141.5 kph

2. Gabriel.         140.6 kph

3. Bumrah. .      139.0 kph

4. Rabada.        138.8 kph

5. Cummins.     138 4 kph

6. Kumara.        137.6 kph

7. Shami.           137.2kph

8. Hazlewood.  137.0 kph

9. Morkel.          136.6 kph

10. Umesh.       136.5 kph

Cummins bowled a fastest of 150 kph

Shami bowled a fastest of.      149 kph

https://cricket.yahoo.net/news/top-10-fastest-bowlers-2018-114147295

Cummins was quicker than Shami by just 1 kph in terms of both average speeds and fastest speed.  And we are talking of a whole year of test matches. 

Just now, express bowling said:

Average speeds of the quickest pacers in tests in 2018 ....  (  All deliveries in all tests of 2018 considered  )

1. Starc.            141.5 kph

2. Gabriel.         140.6 kph

3. Bumrah. .      139.0 kph

4. Rabada.        138.8 kph

5. Cummins.     138 4 kph

6. Kumara.        137.6 kph

7. Shami.           137.2kph

8. Hazlewood.  137.0 kph

9. Morkel.          136.6 kph

10. Umesh.       136.5 kph

Cummins bowled a fastest of 150 kph

Shami bowled a fastest of.      149 kph

https://cricket.yahoo.net/news/top-10-fastest-bowlers-2018-114147295

Cummins was quicker than Shami by just 1 kph in terms of both average speeds and fastest speed.  And we are talking of a whole year of test matches. 

can you tell me average pace of hazlewood and compare it to shami and also you please tell me average pace of trent bolt

2 minutes ago, rock777 said:

@expresspace using your logic shami fastest is 149 and hasan ali has bowled upto  147.5 in tests so if shami is fast hasan is also fast not a fast medium bowler

What was Hassan Ali's average speed in test matches. ?   (  Average speeds in LOIs are often affected by slower balls. )

I was considering average speeds in test matches as the primary metric.

Edited by express bowling

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Hazlewood is there in that list, mentioned in that article.

Boult was not among the top 10.

please check my post according to cricviz bolt was 9th fastest bowler .5kph slower than shami and .7kph faster than yadav

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This list was published before the year was over.

The list I gave you was the year end list.

But even if I go by your list ... it just proves my point.

this proves my point as average pace difference of cummins and shami is 2kph and pace difference of bolt and shami is .5 kph

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Barring Shami in the first ODI, all the 3 Indian quicks have bowled slower than their usual in this ODI series.

It is understandable for Bumrah, making a comeback.

What about Saini and Shami  ?

2 such high octane matches with only 1 day rest . They are human ,

Just see the face of Cummins today that too in a cooler B'lore and that too bowling in the evening .

If it was us guys , we would not even walk i think. 

3 minutes ago, rock777 said:

this proves my point as average pace difference of cummins and shami is 2kph and pace difference of bolt and shami is .5 kph

No ... you said that speed difference between Cummins and Shami was 3 kph

Even your post shows it as only 1.6 kph. (  before the year ended. ,)

Year end stats show it as 1.2 kph.

Even your post disproves your point.