express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

I can't see these 3 seamers lasting for the whole series.If one of them is replaced due to injury who'll be the 1st one to come in the XI?I'd prefer Umesh but shame he's not in the squad :giggle:

I can't see these 3 seamers lasting for the whole series.If one of them is replaced due to injury who'll be the 1st one to come in the XI?I'd prefer Umesh but shame he's not in the squad :giggle:
pandey

I can see only one change in the 3rd test...that is Ashwin for Binny.Both the batting & bowling will get a boost. Vijay,Dhawan,Pujara,Kohli,Rahane,Dhoni,Ashwin,Jadeja,BK,Shami,Ishant...looks pretty decent.

I think Dhoni will prefer Pankaj as he was the 4 th most preferred seamer in the practice matches. Aaron and Pandey got chances to bowl almost as an afterthought.
thats good :two_thumbs_up:
I can see only one change in the 3rd test...that is Ashwin for Binny.Both the batting & bowling will get a boost. Vijay,Dhawan,Pujara,Kohli,Rahane,Dhoni,Ashwin,Jadeja,BK,Shami,Ishant...looks pretty decent.
yeah if track is not green it will be best team

in place of binny i would think he can play part but not as main 3 bowler
That'll weaken the batting,Kohli is not in form so with Dhoni at 6 & Jadeja at 7 batting looks thin.So I'd prefer Ashwin in place of Binny,rest pretty same if no injury occurs as I feel Jaddu & Shami has saved their place for a test.

India's average pace for this series must be somewhere between 78 and 80 lol. BUt in patches they bowled okay. Especially Bhuvan. Shami was a bit of disappointment. Veteran ishant has exceeded his quota in this series with 2 good spells. Lack of speed wasn't a problem. May be it is the crappy battine form of England that made us look good or anything else we won't know until we play against other teams.

That'll weaken the batting,Kohli is not in form so with Dhoni at 6 & Jadeja at 7 batting looks thin.So I'd prefer Ashwin in place of Binny,rest pretty same if no injury occurs as I feel Jaddu & Shami has saved their place for a test.
me 2 but only way aaron comes in is as 4th seamer as he is not ready to be relied on as main 3 bowlers

thats good :two_thumbs_up: yeah if track is not green it will be best team
If we win this one don't expect another green mamba coming this series. Southampton will be a slow track which should assist spinners in day 4 & 5. Dhoni will play Ashwin now even on a flat deck.

India's average pace for this series must be somewhere between 78 and 80 lol. BUt in patches they bowled okay. Especially Bhuvan. Shami was a bit of disappointment. Veteran ishant has exceeded his quota in this series with 2 good spells. Lack of speed wasn't a problem. May be it is the crappy battine form of England that made us look good or anything else we won't know until we play against other teams.
shami bowled so well today and so did ishant ..actually bhuvi was only one not good as he was tired

Shami was not in rhythm,today he showed signs of improvement was 137-142ks. Ishant has bowled ok,pace wise decent too 132-138ks.BK is 125-132k bowler but a fantastic one with great accuracy & skill.His batting is a plus.

If we win this one don't expect another green mamba coming this series. Southampton will be a slow track which should assist spinners in day 4 & 5. Dhoni will play Ashwin now even on a flat deck.
yep and its not like we are using binny ..i will include ashwin for batting alone over binny

Leaving aside Bhuvi, the speeds of the other 2 Indian pacers were very similar to the English. Mostly 130 to 140 k.

People will make a huge mistake if they judge BK or belittle him based on his pace.Genuine swing bowlers are rare nowadays & with his batting capabilities I gotta say we've found a gem.

But our kaptaan cool will surprise everybody & will bring in Nohit at 6 :haha:
even that would not hurt tbh as binny has not been used at all with rohit atleast we have trust in batting and he will play before dhoni :cantstop:

Aaron is up there pace wise with the fastest in the world right now.Still can't find a place in an avg bowling side like us.Though Umesh's exclusion was harsh. So BK is the best we've got right now.BK,Shami,Umesh,Ishant,Aaron,Pankaj & Pandey if these guys can stay fit we can produce some good results outside SC consistently.

B->

even that would not hurt tbh as binny has not been used at all with rohit atleast we have trust in batting and he will play before dhoni :cantstop:
Barring Binny's match saving innings in the last match we've played with 10 men.

People will make a huge mistake if they judge BK or belittle him based on his pace.Genuine swing bowlers are rare nowadays & with his batting capabilities I gotta say we've found a gem.
If a bowler can take wickets consistently then it is ok even if he bowls 115 k. Bhuvi has been wonderful. His real test will come outside England though.

Yup....might do well in Nzl and even in s.c but doubts about his abilities with the ball in aus or s.a
in south afrca he will do well but australia we need 3 other quicks who are taller and quicker along with bhuvi

Aaron is up there pace wise with the fastest in the world right now.Still can't find a place in an avg bowling side like us.Though Umesh's exclusion was harsh. So BK is the best we've got right now.BK,Shami,Umesh,Ishant,Aaron,Pankaj & Pandey if these guys can stay fit we can produce some good results outside SC consistently.
Add Bumrah to the mix. Umesh, Bhuvi, Shami, Pankaj, Ishant, Aaron, Pandey, Bumrah will give us a decent group of pacers. Numberwise, the largest collection of international quality pacers we have ever had.

Add Bumrah to the mix. Umesh, Bhuvi, Shami, Pankaj, Ishant, Aaron, Pandey, Bumrah will give us a decent group of pacers. Numberwise, the largest collection of international quality pacers we have ever had.
Bumrah needs to do more before he can be considered for tests though can play ODIs pretty soon.

Leaving aside Bhuvi' date=' the speeds of the other 2 Indian pacers were very similar to the English. Mostly 130 to 140 k.[/quote'] May be low 130.. Very very rarely high 130s. . Plunkett and stokes were the fastest from both teams.

Bumrah needs to do more before he can be considered for tests though can play ODIs pretty soon.
Yeah he looks like he has the skill....hope he doesn't play too much t20 or Odis before given a test shot. Also Aaron has to be used,before age catches Up to him......I think he has improved his ability to swng without losing much pace....need to try him out ASAP.

I would pick Bhuvi in form in England, NZ, SA and Zim. Have to see in subcontinent and Australia.
S.c iespecially n northern India or in srilankan conditions he will do real well with the new ball.....genuine swing bowlers usually tend to make an impact there. Aus will not suit him.....Anderson who lost some pace in the ashes was treated like a part timer at times in ashes....s.a I have doubts but given likes of philander have done well,may be worth the gamble. Wi has similar conditions to s.c so depends. But defintetely no1 on my list in eng and Nzl

May be low 130.. Very very rarely high 130s. . Plunkett and stokes were the fastest from both teams.
Even Plunkett and Stokes bowled a lot of low 130s. Stokes and Broad bowled a lot in the 120s even, mostly in the first test match. Shami had a quicker spell today. I would say , no pacer from either side bowled an out and out fast spell.

S.c iespecially n northern India or in srilankan conditions he will do real well with the new ball.....genuine swing bowlers usually tend to make an impact there. Aus will not suit him.....Anderson who lost some pace in the ashes was treated like a part timer at times in ashes....s.a I have doubts but given likes of philander have done well,may be worth the gamble. Wi has similar conditions to s.c so depends. But defintetely no1 on my list in eng and Nzl
Both RP singh and Irfan bowled well at Perth. Anderson is clouderon. Bhvi is not a cloud dependent bowler.

I agree. Australia will be the riskiest for Bhuvi. He should be picked when there is chance of swing.

Yeah he looks like he has the skill....hope he doesn't play too much t20 or Odis before given a test shot. Also Aaron has to be used,before age catches Up to him......I think he has improved his ability to swng without losing much pace....need to try him out ASAP.
We need a new test captain first...period.

southampton, ages bowl is never a slow track. It is the fastest pitch in England.

i disagree and we have been over this before in ipl section
we have a lot of bowlers like Pandey but lack real genuine pacers and for his development, he needs to be with the team. It is a development process. Yadav and Aaron both should always be with the team in both formats, ODIs and tests.

we have a lot of bowlers like Pandey but lack real genuine pacers and for his development' date=' he needs to be with the team. It is a development process. Yadav and Aaron both should always be with the team in both formats, ODIs and tests.[/quote'] yadav should be with team in tests and aaron in odis and in long run they should play all formats but currently he is not good enough to be test bowler