express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

Bumrah length is wrong as well. Ashwin is not looping and not getting spin pathetic bowling from him. Lol what poor bowling, but Ashwin and Shami are aggressive. Ishant bowled tight line but is trundling as he is unfit. Shami is fast. Bumrah relaxed and happy and confident and bowling absolute filth and acting very happy in the boundary. May be he is happy becauee his position with Mumbai indians is safe. Absolute lack of intent from Bumrah.  Nz is lucky they survived some dismissals by mere inches that ball tracking saved them and are making merry. Saini should play in place of bumrah next match.

I think bumrah and shami on nz pitches have to bowl their natural lengths they are not swing bowlers.I hope they hit the pitch hard in second innings like they did it aus.

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Bumrah length is wrong as well. Ashwin is not looping and not getting spin pathetic bowling from him. Lol what poor bowling, but Ashwin and Shami are aggressive. Ishant bowled tight line but is trundling as he is unfit. Shami is fast. Bumrah relaxed and happy and confident and bowling absolute filth and acting very happy in the boundary. May be he is happy becauee his position with Mumbai indians is safe. Absolute lack of intent from Bumrah.  Nz is lucky they survived some dismissals by mere inches that ball tracking saved them and are making merry. Saini should play in place of bumrah next match.

I felt this too during the LOIs. Chahal like smiling after getting smashed, or after beating the bat. He didn't seem to care too much. A stark contrast to how he was in the initial years. I hope all this bashing will spur him on and realise that in international cricket he just cant turn up and expect wickets to roll in.

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

What was the quickest in that over ?

142 yorker length and a very good bouncer. He is just not interested. I am wondering if he ia conserving himself for IPL. Its very pathetic. Shami bowled with intensity and Ishant seamed and got his length right and also was a bit lucky. 

If bumrah did what he was supposed to do that is to pepper and fast york tail end sloggers instead of Ashwin coming into the arc for sloggers. India would have been 80 runs in the lead right now. This position is on Bumrah. 

24 minutes ago, Vilander said:

If bumrah did what he was supposed to do that is to pepper and fast york tail end sloggers instead of Ashwin coming into the arc for sloggers. India would have been 80 runs in the lead right now. This position is on Bumrah. 

This wasn’t said before but I’ll say it. The whole ODI series loss was also on Bumrah. Forget wickets, he gave away 20 runs too many every game which resulted in the losses. You expect the number 1 bowler in the world to do his job when the batsmen have done theirs.

Tests aren’t over yet so will reserve any comments.And anyway batsmen here have been the worst so he will most likely escape too much criticism

countering swing compared to bounce seems to be far far more difficult.. thats why someone like ChePu could do so well in Oz pitches but struggles very badly in Eng/NZ.. also even mediocre teams too come into play once it starts swinging.. recent example where Ireland dismissed England for 85 on day 1... you dont need 140+ pace.. 130 is more than enough

Edited by Vk1

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Or maybe his back isn't the best right now

16 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Shaheen 148kph. 

He is terrific. Full and straight at his pace and height can be very tough to negotiate. Hasnain as well looks very impressive for this format.

Haris Rauf though looks average to me, doesn't look the same class as the other two. 

Shaheen, Naseem and Hasnain have consistently been bowling above 145 kph. 

Even little Musa is hitting 150 kph. These teenagers are very impressive with their pace. Shaheen has been bowling absolute heat since his elbow has gotten better. 

Hopefully Rauf finds his rhythm. 

Great signs. 

12 hours ago, bhakum20 said:

This wasn’t said before but I’ll say it. The whole ODI series loss was also on Bumrah. Forget wickets, he gave away 20 runs too many every game which resulted in the losses. You expect the number 1 bowler in the world to do his job when the batsmen have done theirs.

Tests aren’t over yet so will reserve any comments.And anyway batsmen here have been the worst so he will most likely escape too much criticism

Kohli never played covering the lateral movement. Both Ross and Kane did it with Ishant and Shami. Even Rahane is not doing it, he is just going straight at it. 

19 hours ago, the don said:

Shaheen, Naseem and Hasnain have consistently been bowling above 145 kph. 

Even little Musa is hitting 150 kph. These teenagers are very impressive with their pace. Shaheen has been bowling absolute heat since his elbow has gotten better. 

Hopefully Rauf finds his rhythm. 

Great signs. 

Abbey, tum Pakistanio ko mirchi lagane ko aaj hi mila tha kya? :facepalm::phehe::hysterical:

7 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Nagarkoti finally plays a match. Played in the DY Patil T20 tournament.

Sent from my HD1901 using Tapatalk

finally 2 years, does he still do fast bowling or is he a batsman or spinner now ?

we’ve been extensively discussing bumrah’s form but shami has blown hot and cold, more cold, throughout the NZ tour. As they say fast bowlers hunt in packs and having just one of them and ishant in form is not gonna win you games in sena, assuming our batting fires.

5 hours ago, Mosher said:

Nagarkoti bowled some good bouncers, yorkers and slower balls. Nagarkoti and Aaron bowling together :nice:

1.  Nagarkoti's action has become more front on for sure.

2. He is still sprinting in very well 

3. He seems to have lost a bit of skid off the deck.  The wrist whip has reduced.

4. His release point has probably become a bit higher. He is getting better carry too.

5. Pace is still good ... but more of a bouncy pace than his earlier skiddy pace.

All of this is partly due to a more front on action.

Edited by express bowling

14 minutes ago, express bowling said:

3. He seems to have lost a bit of skid off the deck.  The wrist whip has reduced.

4. His release point has probably become a bit higher. He is getting better carry too.

5. Pace is still good ... but more of a bouncy pace than his earlier skiddy pace.

I think that is good for his height he is getting nice bounce,pace with bounce  is hard to handle than skiddy pace

He should get better only from here,the more he plays the better

1 hour ago, bhakum20 said:

we’ve been extensively discussing bumrah’s form but shami has blown hot and cold, more cold, throughout the NZ tour. As they say fast bowlers hunt in packs and having just one of them and ishant in form is not gonna win you games in sena, assuming our batting fires.

Shami has been overused. He is playing almost every LOI, test series for over 2 years. He should be rested for the SA ODIs.

3 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Shami has been overused. He is playing almost every LOI, test series for over 2 years. He should be rested for the SA ODIs.

Yes.

Rest Bumrah and Shami for SA ODIs.

Bring in Prasidh Krishna to partner Saini.

Edited by express bowling

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

He is not front on. He is side on now. He used to be semi front on before.  His bowling arm is more round arm now. This is good for him. His head is not falling to his left and will also get more outswing now.

Regarding other yhings, they will come back once he plays more. He isn't even bowling full tilt at this point. He is just getting used to his new action.

Edited by rkt.india

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He is not front on. He is side on now. He used to be semi front on before.  His bowling arm is more round arm now. This is good for him. His head is not falling to his left and will also get more outswing now.

He is not front on.  He has always looked semi front on to me. But the degree changes.

His release points seem to have become higher now and he is getting more bounce.

6 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Regarding other yhings, they will come back once he plays more. He isn't even bowling full tilt at this point. He is just getting used to his new action.

We will see what comes back and what does not.  But his pace is still there.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

He is not front on.  He has always looked semi front on to me. But the degree changes.

His release points seem to have become higher now and he is getting more bounce.

i think his pace and accuracy will increase, i like what i see in the video. His head pops up still after delivery

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

He is side on now. He was semi-front on before. Bowling actions are defined by your lower and upper body positions. His back foot is parallel to the crease which means his lower body is in side-on position. It also seems his left arm is going across his right eye which also means his upper body is also side-on. 

I don't remember what his lower and upper body positions were in the past but right now he is side-on. It is very much possible that he had mixed action before which led to back stress fracture. Brett Lee had similar issue during 97-98 period with mixed which resulted in stress fracture of the back then he changed his action. I am also worried about Kartik Tyagi. He also has a mixed action. His back foot, lower body, is in side-on position but upper body is front or semi front position. It will lead to serious back injuries. Don't know what the * coaches are doing. They need to correct these basic things in a young bowler.

Edited by rkt.india

On 2/25/2020 at 8:13 AM, Mosher said:

Nagarkoti bowled some good bouncers, yorkers and slower balls. Nagarkoti and Aaron bowling together :nice:

he looks good but we cant read the Pace so cant be sure whether he was 140+....looks he is coming back in form.

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

Just checked Nagarkoti's bowling action before and he indeed had a mixed action. Lower body in side on position while upper body was semi front on.

I think it is good that the chinks have been ironed out earlier for Mavi n Nagarkoti as they could be our future stars. Hope someone looks at Kartik Tyagi n especially Porel as his action is lacking and he is not generating pace