Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Are the fastest speeds in Hawkeye reliable ? Did not see Stokes or Plunkett bowl 91 mph. Or Broad hit 90 mph. Their fastest deliveries were around 141 to 143 k which would be 88 to 89 mph.
I think speeds are more indicative...Shami marginally quicker than the English quicks. Ishant marginally slower than Anderson and same as Broad.
aaron might have pace but he is not ready for test cricket n these conditions he would have been very poor man's plunkett
ACtually I have seen Aaron generating movement in the air in Nzl towards the end of the ODI series.....I always thought he was quick and straight ODI bowler but there might be something here
ACtually I have seen Aaron generating movement in the air in Nzl towards the end of the ODI series.....I always thought he was quick and straight ODI bowler but there might be something here
that movement was nothing special and from the hand which is very easy to play
that movement was nothing special and from the hand which is very easy to play
How can movement in the air at 140-145 not be special? yeah I will agree with you if it was a oneoff thing but he was really good with pace and movement towards the end of NZL tour......Cannot write him off as a ODI bowler....Has pace,shown ability to move the ball definetely deserves atleast one shot. In his debut test game against WI,he clearly looked inferior to Umesh and looked better than him in LOI's but he has shown to have the potential...I think he is not a long term test prospect but I think he is worth the gamble for his extra pace
How can movement in the air at 140-145 not be special? yeah I will agree with you if it was a oneoff thing but he was really good with pace and movement towards the end of NZL tour......Cannot write him off as a ODI bowler....Has pace,shown ability to move the ball definetely deserves atleast one shot. In his debut game against WI,he clearly looked inferior to Umesh and looked better than him in LOI's but he has shown to have the potential...I think he is not a long term test prospect but I think he is worth the gamble for his extra pace
that is hwy i said for now he is not ready ...movement alone is not enough there should be proper control over it to take wickets and movement should be late not from hand even at pace its important . also i would not have wrote it if this match was in australia where he can actually bowl better than some one like pandey but in england pandey or pankaj who are little slower but taller will out bowl him 9/10
that is hwy i said for now he is not ready ...movement alone is not enough there should be proper control over it to take wickets and movement should be late not from hand even at pace its important . also i would not have wrote it if this match was in australia where he can actually bowl better than some one like pandey but in england pandey or pankaj who are little slower but taller will out bowl him 9/10
Nzl conditions are more or less similar to Eng not Aus....Guys like Pankaj/Panadey will not bring in anything different from what we are already getting with Ishant,Shami or Bhuvi. We need someone to be worth a gamble,Atleast experimenting with him will make more sense than Binny
Nzl conditions are more or less similar to Eng not Aus....Guys like Pankaj/Panadey will not bring in anything different from what we are already getting with Ishant,Shami or Bhuvi. We need someone to be worth a gamble,Atleast experimenting with him will make more sense than Binny
how do you know they wont bring anything different ? pankaj is giant at 6.6 i think who can swing the ball unlike ishant who does not gets much swing in these conditions 135 k bowler with movement and control is much better than 140 k bowler with no control over movement and bad control and its not like our main bowlers are doing badly that you need different kind of bowler ..if anything we are missing yadav badly who has lot more pace than others and moves the ball late

Yadav would have been a definite assest here, other than him Pankaj will do well, he has better control than Ishant , Pace not sure. Aaron nevre saw him in a test, not sure. he certainly has pace probably 5 ks quicker than Yadav so definitely in fast bracket but would he have done well ..not as sure as about Yadav...but hey there has to be a first time. But seeing how Ishant is bowling i dont think he will get a chance.

A fast bowler should replace Binny. I would prefer Aaron only if he is used as an intimidating fast bowler by Dhoni. Told by him to bowl fast and at the batsmen's body in short spells. If Dhoni is looking for line and length bowling then Pankaj is a far better option. Much less of a gamble. Plus, he will bring steep bounce as well as movement at 135 to 140 k. Has the ability to take wickets.

Yadav would have been a definite assest here' date=' other than him Pankaj will do well, he has better control than Ishant , Pace not sure. Aaron nevre saw him in a test, not sure. he certainly has pace probably 5 ks quicker than Yadav so definitely in fast bracket but would he have done well ..not as sure as about Yadav...but hey there has to be a first time. But seeing how Ishant is bowling i dont think he will get a chance.[/quote'] if next track is flat and dry i think they will drop binny and play 2 spinners so yeah i dont think they will get chance unless someone gets injured (which has high chance in long series )