Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

More than  80% of the bowling was done by spinners and the pacers got few overs and they could hardly have any kind of impact. So it's unfair to rate them. However Morkel etc were much better than our pacers on similar surface. Their pacers got more wickets than ours i suppose. Spin is our strength. This series just stamps that yet again.

More than  80% of the bowling was done by spinners and the pacers got few overs and they could hardly have any kind of impact. So it's unfair to rate them. However Morkel etc were much better than our pacers on similar surface. Their pacers got more wickets than ours i suppose. Spin is our strength. This series just stamps that yet again.

on favorable pitches (usually at home), then yes correct statment.

Edited by fineleg

We only played one pacer.

Fourth test vs. SA --

Umesh Yadav bowls his second spell at 142 k to 150.5 k.

He was crap in his first spell ( 135 k to 144 k ) but far more accurate when he bowled really quick in his 2nd and 3rd spells....picked up Elgar and Duminy...very important wickets.

ishant bowling 135 k to 145.5 k today. Quite economical and bowling good areas.

Edited by express bowling

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-south-africa-2015-16/engine/match/903609.html

Espncricinfo showing fastest ball by Umesh at 91.7 mph or 147.6 kph

TV broadcast showed his fastest at 150.5 kph with a few others between 148 k to 149.9 k.

This difference....Happens very often for matches held in every country..

Edited by express bowling

SA batsmen defending dourly and both our pacers bowling to a plan for a change has resulted in these amazing bowling figures at lunch day 5

Umesh 15-10-9-0  Eco  0.60

Ishant  15-10-16-0    Eco 1.06

Never thought I would see this    :cantstop:

Umesh said they were feeling bored when the batsman were blocking ball after ball. They started bowling around the wicket to create some patches for the spinners when there was no reverse swing on offer.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-south-africa-2015-16/content/story/949159.html