Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

May be Sran wants to be accurate but then every bowler wants that. 135+ is minimum at the international level and that too if you have got other things going in your favor. His average must be close to 130k. Would probably bowl even slower in his later spells.   
Right now the only thing going for him is that he's taller than the other bowlers we've got and left handed.

May be Sran wants to be accurate but then every bowler wants that. 135+ is minimum at the international level and that too if you have got other things going in your favor. His average must be close to 130k. Would probably bowl even slower in his later spells.   
Right now the only thing going for him is that he's taller than the other bowlers we've got and left handed.

128 k to 135 k and not hitting the deck hard won't really work at international level.

Accuracy should come with decent pace and bounce. he is capable of bowling 135 k to 140 k and should try that...not saying he should bowl 145 k now as it is not natural to him yet.

He has been chosen as a bouncy fast-medium bowler and he is trying to be a medium pacer.

I don't like this part.

Sran has disappointed me in the way he has bowled today in his first spell today.

Just placed the ball gently at 128 k to 135 k.

Quite a few wide deliveries too.

Got hit for 25 off 3 overs as a result @ 8.33 runs per over.

Was probably trying to swing the ball which didn't happen.

Was probably trying to swing the ball which didn't happen.

The whole day he bowled 126 k to 133 k mostly. Not just the early overs.

He basically looks like a medium pacer who can bowl some fast-medium spells.

I feel a bowler is as quick as his most common spell speed.

Edited by express bowling
The whole day he bowled 126 k to 133 k mostly. Not just the early overs.

He basically looks like a medium pacer who can bowl some fast-medium spells.

I feel a bowler is as quick as his most common spell speed.

Yes. He doesn't look international level at this point. I think that shoulder injury in 2012 has hurt his progress. The reason his throwing arm is weak too. He needs to work on his shoulder strength.

Who else have we got? We need someone who has some chance of succeeding at the at the international level .
Sran at this stage clearly doesn't look like one.
Have to invest in guys like Aaron. 

Death bowling especially is poor. Ishant has improved and we should certainly have him in the side.

Umesh looks too apprehensive. Hopefully that changes if he's given more confidence. Bowling him in  5 spells obviously magnifies the issue. 

I'll stick with Ishant, Shami, Umesh/Aaron in the playing 11

Who else have we got? We need someone who has some chance of succeeding at the at the international level .
Sran at this stage clearly doesn't look like one.
Have to invest in guys like Aaron. 

Death bowling especially is poor. Ishant has improved and we should certainly have him in the side.

Umesh looks too apprehensive. Hopefully that changes if he's given more confidence. Bowling him in  5 spells obviously magnifies the issue. 

I'll stick with Ishant, Shami, Umesh/Aaron in the playing 11

Aaron and Bumrah look like our best choices as of now....as additions to our squad.

Ofcourse, it may so happen that Bumrah will also disappoint if chosen...but we will never know until he is picked.

Fast bowlers will definitely bowl better under Kohli. 

Bhuvi and Binny are better All-rounders than Rishi Dhawan. Of-course Hardik Pandya is the best, lets see if he gets a consistent run in the 3 T20s.

BHuvi is not an all rounder for sure.

Binny has also not proved himself as a bowler so cant consider him back - so for me binny is history.

Rishi should be given a few more chances to prove himself.

Pandya seems between 130 to 136k which is fairly OK for an all rounder.. problem is binny and Rishi are 120 to 130k bowlers.

I noticed that Sran is decent in his first spell from pace stand point between 132k to 139k mostly.

but in his second and third spell he slows down big time like BHuvi...not considering his slow balls - he was bowling between 121 to 132k.. not even a single ball going higher.

Seems he could be having a Stamina issue or some other issue..as he slows down big time and becomes totally in effective.

Sran clearly has no future. He is not cut for international level. He is at best a first class match player. 

The management needs to persist with Ishant, Umesh, Aaron, Shami combination without any change for the next 2-3 yrs. That is the only way they will improve. We dont even have any other bowler who can match them.

Sran will improve and is bound to improve..so he is definitely a better replacement of Bhuvi who has degraded.