Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

bumrah is ready and international class ..since he has debuted he is picked ahead of umesh Ishan't bhuvi so he has proved that he is ready and his unorthodox action will ensure he remains a tuf puzzle for international batsmen.

Nathu seems to be clean bowling too many batsmen..which is showing that he is special.I feel he can increase his speed further ..he looks better than dhwal n bhuvi n mohit to me..I beleive he will be 140+ on faster wickets...I m still not sure about him though.

Rjpoot was bowling perfect yorker's at 138 pace in smh trophy. He is I guess 6 4" n gets as much bounce as Ishan't. .if he maintains or increases his pace n gets that bounce on indian wickets..he wud have done better than bran on Australian wickets.

Nvdeep is 130to138 in first spellets n later under 125k n has a simple bowling action not too much bounce no swing..nothing unique about him to be considered for international cricket 

Bumrah, Rajpoot, Nathu and Navdeep Saini. four young pacers too look out for. All under 23.

first 3 are going to play for India...bumrah has debuted.

I dont think navdeep is international class.

Rajput alalso has to be a lil more fast as he is 130 to 139 with Good yorker only.

NatHu seem to be makin waves in deodhar ..let's see.

first 3 are going to play for India...bumrah has debuted.

I dont think navdeep is international class.

Rajput alalso has to be a lil more fast as he is 130 to 139 with Good yorker only.

NatHu seem to be makin waves in deodhar ..let's see.

Navdeep is 6'3" and gets a lot of bounce and also swings the ball both ways.

Edited by rkt.india

Speeds today in T20I

Bumrah  135 k to 140 k

Pandya  135 k to 138 k   ( bowled just 2 overs with about 50% slower balls )

Nehra    132 k to 138 k

Bumrah was a bit expensive today in his first spell. Lacked control in his 3rd over especially. But, came back beautifully in his last over and got 2 wickets, both bowled,  off fast yorkers.

Pandiya bowled decently today and picked a wicket. Mixed slower balls and fast deliveries intelligently.

Edited by express bowling

Nathu Singh in Deodhar Trophy finals bowled  133 k to 140 k today.

Most deliveries between 135 k to 140 k.

Hit the deck hard as in previous games. Got good bounce again and consistent inswing too.

He has a stock ball  which is the in-dipper good-length delivery on the off stump.  Bowls quite a few yorkers, attempted yorkers, bouncers and slower balls too.

Picked 2 wickets today....bowled the first 8 overs economically and got hit in his last 2 overs.

Overall...I liked his bowling.

U19 WC match against NZ  ( for all those members who missed the match ) 

Speed ranges  

Avesh Khan               128 k to 136 k    (  Mostly 131 k to 136 k )

Khaleel Ahmed          121  to 134 k     ( Mostly 124 k  to 130 k  )

Avesh has bowled a beautiful line and length at good pace....mostly good-length deliveries around off stump punctuated by regular bouncers. Hit the deck hard and got good bounce, seamed the ball both ways regularly and picked up 4 wickets in his first spell as a result.

Khaleel was a bit disappointing in terms of pace today. Bowled much quicker last match. His accuracy was on and off  today...got occasional swing and occasional seam movement. Tried to bowl good length channel though.

There is a lot of talk among cricket commentators that Indian pacers lose pace.....

I have been thinking ....some pacers from every country have lost pace over the years...some due to injury, some because they wanted to focus on skills more, some because they lost focus and some because they gained pace but dropped back to their original after a couple of years.

How many Indian pacers have actually lost more than normal pace really.....Munaf Patel and RP Singh come to mind......but who else really ?

Umesh and Aaron are still as quick as they ever were. Shami and Ishant are still bowling quick.  Srinath remained genuinely fast for 6 years which is very normal. Zaheer, Nehra ,Agarkar and Sreesanth were were all basically fast-medium pacers and they remained so for most of their careers.  Venkatesh Prasad, Balaji,  Irfan Pathan, Vinay Kumar etc.  were all medium pacers from the start.

We have seen quite a few pacers from other countries lose pace too....Lillee, Siddle, Merv Hughes, Pollock, Bishop, Marshall, Walsh, Finn, Broad, Dominic Cork, Botham, Junaid Khan, Waqar, Southee ...to name a few

There has been a tendency by commentators to take an occasional quicker spell by an Indian  medium pacer, often in a T20 match .... compare it to his general medium paced spell and saying that he has lost pace. Every bowler bowls some faster than normal spells in his life....it is important to identify the  most common speed range to gauge what type of a bowler ( speed-wise ) he is and not expect him to bowl his quickest spells usually.

There is a lot of talk among cricket commentators that Indian pacers lose pace.....

I have been thinking ....some pacers from every country have lost pace over the years...some due to injury, some because they wanted to focus on skills more, some because they lost focus and some because they gained pace but dropped back to their original after a couple of years.

How many Indian pacers have actually lost more than normal pace really.....Munaf Patel and RP Singh come to mind......but who else really ?

Umesh and Aaron are still as quick as they ever were. Shami and Ishant are still bowling quick.  Srinath remained genuinely fast for 6 years which is very normal. Zaheer, Nehra ,Agarkar and Sreesanth were were all basically fast-medium pacers and they remained so for most of their careers.  Venkatesh Prasad, Balaji,  Irfan Pathan, Vinay Kumar etc.  were all medium pacers from the start.

We have seen quite a few pacers from other countries lose pace too....Lillee, Siddle, Merv Hughes, Pollock, Bishop, Marshall, Walsh, Finn, Broad, Dominic Cork, Botham, Junaid Khan, Waqar, Southee ...to name a few

There has been a tendency by commentators to take an occasional quicker spell by an Indian  medium pacer, often in a T20 match .... compare it to his general medium paced spell and saying that he has lost pace. Every bowler bowls some faster than normal spells in his life....it is important to identify the  most common speed range to gauge what type of a bowler ( speed-wise ) he is and not expect him to bowl his quickest spells usually.

Umesh has slowed down a bit. Not seen him hitting 145+ more often that he used to earlier. He is more in the late 130's early 140's these days. But Aaron has maintained his pace.

Umesh has slowed down a bit. Not seen him hitting 145+ more often that he used to earlier. He is more in the late 130's early 140's these days. But Aaron has maintained his pace.

Umesh bowled a couple of 143 k to 150 k spells even in the last test series against SA 50 days back, 

He is bowling slower in ODIs only ...in search of accuracy. His approach is wrong though. 

Umesh bowled a couple of 143 k to 150 k spells even in the last test series against SA 50 days back, 

He is bowling slower in ODIs only ...in search of accuracy. His approach is wrong though. 

Yeah I was talking about ODI's only where he has clearly slowed down. I think it has to do with his run-up too. Not running in as hard as he used to earlier.

Yeah I was talking about ODI's only where he has clearly slowed down. I think it has to do with his run-up too. Not running in as hard as he used to earlier.

Mosher...it is possible that Umesh was carrying some minor niggle and hence he was not running in hard.

Losing pace by a pacer would mean permanent loss...that is a bowler is almost always bowling slower series after series. Umesh almost always bowls his normal speed range of 135 k to 148 k in test matches. Even in ODis, in the 2015 WC, he was bowling 135 k o 150 k.

All fast bowlers bowl slower in some series from time to time, maybe due to minor niggles or loss of rhythm  temporarily. A nice example would be Morkel bowling 132 k to 140 k most of the times in the India as well as  England test series. His normal pace range is 135 k to 148 k too.

Most Indian quicker pacers don't have a stock delivery which they will bowl atleast 4 times in most overs. ( In the LOI slog overs it should be the yorker )

Every ball is trying something new.

This is the primary reason why we have such bad pacers.

This is amateurish really...all our bowling coaches all over the country at every level should be called up and trained. 

3rd T20 I

Speed ranges

Bumrah   135 k to 142 k  ( mostly )  lots of deliveries at 140 k and 141 k

Pandya   135 k to 141 k  ( mostly )

Nehra     132 k to 138 k

Bumrah bowled 2 great overs at the end...with lots of yorkers and some low full tosses. Good to see an Indian pacer doing it so regularly. His first 2 overs were very bad. Down the leg side, log hops, too wide etc.

Pandya bowled very badly today. Was trying to bowl too wide of the off-stump most of the times . Generally lacked control and looked amateurish.

Nehra bowled well in his first 2 overs and did try some yorkers at the end.

Very mature interview by Kohli after the match..

He is  talking about not playing too many types of shots and sticking to the basics and his own strength. Playing with the straight bat and not experimenting too much if one wants to succeed in all formats.

He compares this batting approach to the bowlers as well...says that they too should not experiment too much and stick to the basics. Even in T20s , normal straight length balls most of the times and yorkers at the end.

Very clear thinking...something our pacers should learn from.

Very mature interview by Kohli.

He is  talking about not playing too many types of shots and sticking to the basics and his own strength. Playing with the straight bat and not experimenting too much if one wants to succeed in all formats.

He compares this batting approach to the bowlers as well...says that they too should not experiment too much and stick to the basics. Even in T20s , normal straight length balls most of the times and yorkers at the end.

Very clear thinking...something our pacers should learn from.

Yeah very clear thinking. His clarity of thought and execution is amazing. He is a smart guy too. Already building up support for ODI/T20's. Getting behind new guys like Pandya and bigging up Rohit, Dhawan, Raina who will be vital for India going into future. 

Saying all the right things and he is showing a lot of maturity too. Managing players well. I think he will make a very good captain.