Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Pandya was bowling 125 k, 127 k etc. today.  I don't like it.

He should try to bowl at his normal speed of 132 k to 142 k.

Slowing down won't help him as a bowler.

Quite a few pacers in our team are bowling slower than normal in LOIs...not a good idea.

As long as we've got the conditions in our favor, this would work fine. Bumrah's a very good yorker bowler and has got the right temperament for a death bowler. But he shouldn't compromise on his pace. If he has the capacity to bowl in the lower 140's, he should look to improve on his fitness/stamina and bowl that way. He has got slower and slower in the matches that he's played which isn't a good sign. 

As long as we've got the conditions in our favor, this would work fine. Bumrah's a very good yorker bowler and has got the right temperament for a death bowler. But he shouldn't compromise on his pace. If he has the capacity to bowl in the lower 140's, he should look to improve on his fitness/stamina and bowl that way. He has got slower and slower in the matches that he's played which isn't a good sign. 

In Australia, Bumrah was bowling as accurately as this series ...but at 135 k to 143 k.

This series he is still accurate but slower. It may work against this amateur SL batting but not against the better teams.

if you can bowl an accurate and good yorker at 140 k then why would you do so at 135 k ?

He has reiterated that in so many press conferences. He has clearly mentioned that ' we do not need fast bowlers, but we need bowlers who can bowl with control'. Even the commentators have so many commented that Dhoni doesnt like fast bowlers.

Dhoni keeps speaking about this all the time that he prefers bowlers who bowl good line and length. He had recently said we need look at what kind of bowlers we want to play. He thinks slow pace bowlers automatically bowls great line and length.

I find this greatly worrying that young fast bowlers like Umesh, Bumrah and Pandya are all bowling a lot slower when they are playing under Dhoni.

Dropping pace almost always results in the bowlers' career coming to an end unless the loss in pace is due to old age. 

Why do we do not have  star express bowlers like Pakistan has-

Was watching Newsx last night and here's the news on U19 - U19 team lose finals but win hearts!

Star to look out for - Sarfaraz, Pant and Jaffer!

No mention of Avesh Khan and Khaleel Ahmad

Now tell me, wont these 2 guys be disheartened? Will they be motivated to perform as they did, again?

And thats why people, we do not have star bowlers. Because we do not respect them! 

I remember an article in India Today in mid 90's. The heading was - India can survive without Tendulkar, but India cannot survive without Srinath! Which was true. 

But how many people celebrated Srinath and Zaheer Khan like they celebrate our batsmen? 

Edited by Rightarmfast

Someone who was bowling at 145-148 and replicating Waqar Younis's action and bowling fast yorkers in test matches, cant suddenly drop pace by 7-8 k's in 1 month Express Bhai. You will have to agree here with me that they are scared to bowl express under Dhoni.

Umesh Yadav did bowl flat out in the last SA test series. Bowled a couple of 143 k to 150 k spells, got bounce, hit a great batsman, ABDV atleast 3 times on the hand and body, once the bat flew out of his hand.  It was scary fast bowling which resulted in quite a few wickets too on a spin-friendly pitch. The same bowler was bowling 135 k to 143 k in ODIs with no fire and bite.

Whether he is scared or not...he is surely confused as to what he should do...bowl flat out or bowl slower and try to be accurate. This confusion is resulting in him being both inaccurate and slower as well as less lethal.

Now I see Pandya bowling 125 k to 130 k in the last 2 matches...this is sad.

Don't want us to lose WT20 bro. Its still a ICC competition. But I don't think he will retire from T20 format, too much riding on T20's (IPL) personally for Dhoni. Hopefully he will retire from ODI cricket.

Hoping that Kohli will  take over as captain  in ODis after WT20.

Edited by express bowling

Why do we do not have  star express bowlers like Pakistan has-

Was watching Newsx last night and here's the news on U19 - U19 team lose finals but win hearts!

Star to look out for - Sarfaraz, Pant and Jaffer!

No mention of Avesh Khan and Khaleel Ahmad

Now tell me, wont these 2 guys be disheartened? Will they be motivated to perform as they did, again?

And thats why people, we do not have star bowlers. Because we do not respect them! 

I remember an article in India Today in mid 90's. The heading was - India can survive without Tendulkar, but India cannot survive without Srinath! Which was true. 

But how many people celebrated Srinath and Zaheer Khan like they celebrate our batsmen? 

Avesh khan has done much better than Armaan and even Pant.  He has taken 12 wickets from 6 matches at an average of 15 and ER of 3.5....while Pant averages 44 and Armaan 32.

This is typical really...not just for pacers but for all bowlers.

The great Anil Kumble is all but forgotten even after taking 619 test wickets. He has won more test matches for us than all our great batsmen taken together. But, the media and even cricket channels usually talk about the great 4 of that era ( SRT, RD, SG and VVS ) with very little mention of Kumble.  A failure like Kambli gets discussed with more enthusiasm than him.

Edited by express bowling

Had gone to a classical dance performance last month. Kumble was one of the VIP guest for the performance. What a simple man he is. He sat on a normal chair, with his wife and kids. Stood up to anyone who wanted to talk to him. Never created a fuss about anything. Respect! So sad to see that a legend like him is forgotten.

Was watching some test match in Australia a couple of years ago, which did not invovle India,  and the aussie commentators were discussing what a lethal bowler Kumble was. I fail to hear that from our Indian commentators.

INDIAN Team is going to do very well in t20 world cup as the pitches will spin friendly.

When I say very well , I mean INDIAN team will either win the Cup or at worst loose in the FINALS.

on Spin friendly pitches we are the best in the world for sure  and Mr Dhoni has some special skills to get the best out of Spinners and though DHoni is an average wicket keeper but when it comes to Stumping on spinners , he is clever than a fox and highly skilled Keeper.

in T20 batsman have to attack and hence he will stump many batsman and change games.

but apart from INDIA which country is preparing spinning tracks...

lanka is also preparing pacy tracks now.

England Australia newzeland Africa west indies n even lanka are all preparing pacy tracks.

we can be Best in spin but will that help us to be genuinely good in the world.

whats the point of winning t20 world cup in india and then losing a ODI and t20 series in newzealand , England etc..

one shud be good in fast bowling first and spin as well.