Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Pandya was bowling 125 k, 127 k etc. today.  I don't like it.

He should try to bowl at his normal speed of 132 k to 142 k.

Slowing down won't help him as a bowler.

Quite a few pacers in our team are bowling slower than normal in LOIs...not a good ida

I can asure u all he did is because dhoni instructed him 

I thought Shukla would grow to be a 150kph bowler. I think he did touch 150 in domestic games, did he? 

Didnt watch Ind Sl matches, but it was interesting that Dilhara Fernandes was playing. In his younger days, early 2000, he used to bowl around 145- 148 consistently. He was not recognized so much for his pace because 2 of the fastest bowlers, Shoaib and Lee were in the scene, along with Shane Bond. Wonder what speed Dilhara was touching in the matches.

I thought Shukla would grow to be a 150kph bowler. I think he did touch 150 in domestic games, did he? 

Didnt watch Ind Sl matches, but it was interesting that Dilhara Fernandes was playing. In his younger days, early 2000, he used to bowl around 145- 148 consistently. He was not recognized so much for his pace because 2 of the fastest bowlers, Shoaib and Lee were in the scene, along with Shane Bond. Wonder what speed Dilhara was touching in the matches.

Rahul Shukla still bowls a heavy ball, but the speed guns in domestic matches are not that kind to him.

Dilhara Fernando was bowling 133 k to 138 k in the overs that I saw.  

Article in TOI newspaper today on Aaron. I thought he was injured but he took a break for marriage. He is back to training in MRF pace academy under McGrath. It's refreshing to see him say he won't compromise on pace even if he has 5 stress fractures. That is the attitude needed for a fast bowler. He can be a good ODI bowler. Sad to see him being wasted without getting any opportunities to play in ODI's. 

Edited by Mosher

Article in TOI newspaper today on Aaron. I thought he was injured but he took a break for marriage. He is back to training in MRF pace academy under McGrath. It's refreshing to see him say he won't compromise on pace even if he has 5 stress fractures. That is the attitude needed for a fast bowler. He can be a good ODI bowler. Sad to see him getting wasted without getting any opportunities to play in ODI's. 

Aaron has not played a single ODI in the last 15 months.    :((

It is not as if our trundlers were accurate...Mohit, Bhuvi etc. were very expensive in this period too.

As you rightly said....Aaron not only has pace but the mindset and bowling style  of a fast bowler.  He is one of our few bowlers who has a hostile bouncer and can be an intimidating bowler if handled properly.

No matter where we look in the world, not all quick bowlers are intimidating bowlers and Aaron is one of the few....a rare breed in this age of high-quality protective gears.

Edited by express bowling

Aaron has not played a single ODI in the last 15 months.    :((

It is not as if our trundlers were accurate...Mohit, Bhuvi etc. were very expensive in this period too.

As you rightly said....Aaron not only has pace but the mindset and bowling style  of a fast bowler.  He is one of our few bowlers who has a hostile bouncer and can be an intimidating bowler if handled properly.

No matter where we look in the world, not all quick bowlers are intimidating bowlers and Aaron is one of the few....a rare breed in this age of high-quality protective gears.

Only chance of Aaron getting back in ODI/T20 is good performance in IPL. But unluckily for him he plays most of his matches at Chinnaswamy where edges can go for sixes :banghead:

which pitch would you prefer in ipl ? all of them are unhelpfull for pacers,he should look to improve his batting and fielding alongside bowling and become a t20 allrounder and concentrate on bowling for tests and odis

All pitches are flat in IPL except maybe Dharmashala. But Chinnaswamy pitch is something else. It has good bounce but very small boundaries so most of the times we see a good quick bouncer going for 6 off an edge.

Edited by Mosher

Are we seeing reemergence of the same trend from early 80's and 90's? When good fast bowlers were allowed to play for a match or 2 and then totally discarded? Isn't  ' MF' Dhoni doing the same with Aaron and Yadav? Let's understand this, Yadav and Aaron at this point of time are at their fastest, or so it seems. But they are hardly allowed to play. In a couple of years, they will lose their pace owing to their age... 

this has always been the norm since we started playing ,in fact things were even worse before the 80s it got comparatively better in the 80s and 90s

It got slightly better in the '90s....with Srinath getting his chances. ( But Zaidi and Wassan missed out )

'80s was bad with TA Sekhar, Ankola and Razdan getting just one or two chances each in tests.

Did not show speeds on TV yesterday

Hawk-eye speeds are   ( these are measured by high-speed cameras and vary from the radar-gun measured speeds shown on TV )

http://www.espncricinfo.com/asia-cup-2015-16/engine/match/966745.html?view=hawkeye

Bumrah  88.3 / 84.4 mph  ( fastest / average )

Pandya  86.8 / 83.1 mph

Nehra    86.4 / 83.5 mph

Edited by express bowling