Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Asian Cup League match vs Pakistan

Speed ranges ( for most deliveries excluding slower balls )

Bumrah  135 k to 143 k ...lots of 140 + deliveries

Pandya  135 k to 140 k...lots of deliveries around 140 k

Nehra   132 k to 140 k

Bumrah bowled quick today and seamed the ball both ways. Quite accurate too. 

Pandya was very impressive with the ball.  Got steep bounce, made the Pakistanis hop, bowled lots of quick bouncers and got some outswing  too.  Decent accuracy. Picked up 3 wickets.

Nehra bowled a bit short today and was a mixed bag..some very good deliveries and some ordinary ones.

In all honesty, Nehra is bowling magnificent. Almost Wasim akram'ish. I did'nt see the speeds... Thanks Express bowling bhai. But the pakistanis are going to be much quicker and lets see what our batsmen do now.

Yes, Nehra is really bowling well in most matches. Good combination of accuracy, pace and movement.  Today was just a marginally off day which can happen to anyone.

Edited by express bowling

Dont think the speeds were incorrect as Bumrah and Nehra were clocking their usual speeds. Im assuming that the speed guns were uniform in both the innings. Also quite unlikely that the speed measurement varied from bowler to bowler.

The thing is there arent any quick bowlers in our playing 11 who can even touch 145. So it is expected that our bowlers would be around 5 to 10k slower than most sides. SA has got Morris, Rabada, Morkel who can all bowl 147 to 150. England has got Jordan/ Stokes who can bowl at 145 when needed. NZ has Milne who can bowl in the lower 150s and then even Russel can bowl 145 plus in T20s from WI.

Someone like Aaron could have easily hit 150k in T20s if we talking about speeds.

Dont think the speeds were incorrect as Bumrah and Nehra were clocking their usual speeds. Im assuming that the speed guns were uniform in both the innings. Also quite unlikely that the speed measurement varied from bowler to bowler.

The thing is there arent any quick bowlers in our playing 11 who can even touch 145. So it is expected that our bowlers would be around 5 to 10k slower than most sides. SA has got Morris, Rabada, Morkel who can all bowl 147 to 150. England has got Jordan/ Stokes who can bowl at 145 when needed. NZ has Milne who can bowl in the lower 150s and then even Russel can bowl 145 plus in T20s from WI.

Someone like Aaron could have easily hit 150k in T20s if we talking about speeds.

Morris does not bowl 147ks he is a more 135-140ks.Same with stokes,jordan.Speed varies a lot in high altitude areas speed guns show higher reading.Pakistan and aus have 3-4 genuine quicks each.Actually In test matches where u have to maintain speed i would say Aaron is the quickest in the world over a test match.

Absolutely. Mo irfan has been trundling at 130ks these days. No way he bowled at 145k. Even Aamer has been slow these days. I would say 10k error.

India Pak matches effect.These are t20s where u have to bowl 4 overs.

Edited by CG

You dont need speed guns to see they were quick. Indian bowlers bowled at their usual pace which they have been bowling since Australia.

Sent from my MX5 using Tapatalk

No..Some of our bowlers also clocked 140 plus.   Pitch was quicker which gives an illusion balls were quicker. Probably inaccurate speed checking. When we see them in other parts like India we will know their real speed.

No..Some of our bowlers also clocked 140 plus.   Pitch was quicker which gives an illusion balls were quicker. Probably inaccurate speed checking. When we see them in other parts like India we will know their real speed.

So, that is their usual pace. All three of our pacers can clock 140 or more. They bowled same pace in Australia too.

Sent from my MX5 using Tapatalk

Morris does not bowl 147ks he is a more 135-140ks.Same with stokes,jordan.Speed varies a lot in high altitude areas speed guns show higher reading.Pakistan and aus have 3-4 genuine quicks each.Actually In test matches where u have to maintain speed i would say Aaron is the quickest in the world over a test match.

India Pak matches effect.These are t20s where u have to bowl 4 overs.

I agree that its a lot different in test matches to bowl quick in your 2nd, 3rd spell or to even sustain your pace for 5-6 overs. Quite a few bowlers manage to bowl quick in 2 over spells of T20s. 

However, I'm not so sure about the effect of altitude when it comes to speed measurement. In the recently concluded tests, ODIs and T20s played against England, Morris was comfortably bowling  145-150k. In fact on multiple occasions, he was quicker than both Rabada and Morkel.
And Rabada bowled quick even in India, may be not in tests. Whether Morris is able to sustain that in future remains to be seen. But his pace has improved considerably. Im basing this on a relative comparison.

Absolutely. Mo irfan has been trundling at 130ks these days. No way he bowled at 145k. Even Aamer has been slow these days. I would say 10k error.

Many bowlers are able to bowl much quicker when they know  that they have to bowl just 4 overs a day in a T20 match. Amir, who was bowling 140 k to 150 k in his first 3 overs, dropped down to 138 k to 143 k in his fourth over. They perhaps bowled a bit quicker than normal, as it was a India-Pakistan match too.

The Indian pacers were all bowling at their normal speeds yesterday....the same speeds they bowled in Australia.

p.s - what were  Amir's speeds in NZ   ?

Edited by express bowling

Many bowlers are able to bowl much quicker when they know  that they have to bowl just 4 overs a day in a T20 match. Amir, who was bowling 140 k to 150 k in his first 3 overs, dropped down to 138 k to 143 k in his fourth over. They perhaps bowled a bit quicker than normal, as it was a India-Pakistan match too.

The Indian pacers were all bowling at their normal speeds yesterday....the same speeds they bowled in Australia.

p.s - what were  Amir's speeds in NZ   ?

From What i saw his ave speed was around 137- 139 kph

I can understand these are perfect conditions for fast bowling and that bowlers bend their backs more for a 4 over spell but I feel speed guns were 3-4k higher than normal.irfan,amir were clocking under 144k in nzl .riaz is quick but some deliveries didn't look 150k ,even pandya was clocking 140k but I agree every bowler was trying to bowl quick and bending their backs ,especially pandya,amir,bumrah and sami

I can understand these are perfect conditions for fast bowling and that bowlers bend their backs more for a 4 over spell but I feel speed guns were 3-4k higher than normal.irfan,amir were clocking under 144k in nzl .riaz is quick but some deliveries didn't look 150k ,even pandya was clocking 140k but I agree every bowler was trying to bowl quick and bending their backs ,especially pandya,amir,bumrah and sami

To be fair, our pacers were clocking their normal speeds while the Pakistani pacers were clocking  higher speeds than they were looking. I don't know how that is possible though.

Sami did not look 137 k to 146 k that he was clocking. Wahab looked about 135 k to 145 k...but clocked upto 151 k.