express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Kane Richards reminds me of Bruce Reid, Australian seamer of the early '90s

Both very thin, tall, sickly

Not watching coz I am at work. Actually Bruce Reid was more 80's. Ya, very very tall. Yet, he was military medium in pace. Bruce Reid always reminded me of ' Jaws' from James Bond series :)

11 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Patt Cummins is sending them at an around 150kph but pandya is playing him like a spinner lol is that a pitch or a desi kabbadi ground??

calm down bro these are not missiles only cricket balls.

Superb swing and seam bowling both ways by Bhuvi and Bumrah in their opening spells.

Both bowled wicket-taking lines and lengths together for a change and we are seeing the results.

Bhuvi has 2 wickets and a dropped catch ....and Bumrah had multiple plays and misses and edges.

Edited by express bowling

Hardik Pandya bounces out Steve Smith with a quick bouncer which rises steeply    :nice:

So much for Aussies being good against bounce  :phehe:     You get steep bounce, you can  get any batsman

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Bhuvi and bumrah should be rested for next two games, umesh and shami should be given a game

i would want hardik pandya and bumrah to be rested and Umesh ,shammi and BHuvi to play as we can easily compare all these three.

hardik and bumrah may be most tired..hardik is not required for actually the next two matches as series is already won.

virat said shammi and umesh may be played.

Virat Kohli: "Steve mentioned the first 35 overs was good from their end, we knew when we get 2-3 wickets with their lower middle order, we could pull things back. It was a 330-340 wicket. Coming back from difficult situations has been a feature of this team. Wristspinners need to be backed, they won't always get grip from the wicket, but they possess the ability to get wickets. They were 35-40 runs short. I'm really, really satisfied with the win. He's (Pandya) a star, has the ability with the ball, bat and the field. We need a guy like that, we've been missing an explosive allrounder, great asset for Indian cricket, The idea behind his promotion was Ravi bhai, to attack the spinner. We might try few players now, but mindset remains the same. Journey stops only after the fifth game."

i would want hardik pandya and bumrah to be rested and Umesh ,shammi and BHuvi to play as we can easily compare all these three.
hardik and bumrah may be most tired..hardik is not required for actually the next two matches as series is already won.
virat said shammi and umesh may be played.

Ya heard kohli saying that, but clearly bhuvi was looking tired today, his speeds were down as well, he should be rested to get him fresh when matters, agree about your point on hardik though.

I feel chahal is a better spinner and kuldeep yadav may get sorted out after some games and batsman will bat better to him.

Nah, kuldeep has more guile and variety, he just needs to adjust his line, has got all the tools of wrist spinner, big turn with both orthodox as well as googly , got skidder, top spinner,Flipper,flights the bowl,he will learn with time, he picked a lot of tricks from hogg, he needs to work on his fitness , batting,fielding though leaves a lot to be desired ,same with chahal, who is more experienced.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

today hardik bowled 10 overs and gave 58 runs and took 1 wicket..that was decent bowling as bhuvi and bumrah also gave 52  runs so he was not too costly..kinda proved that he is improving.

makes sense for resting him as he is A Genuine Pace allrounder and we have practically no one to replace him- actually we should play other pace all rounder who should be groomed as a back up to Hardik.

for each position we should have a replacement...for openers we have 4 guys good enough.

mid order too we have shreyas iyer who is ready ..i hope kedar comes good as else he will be dumped ...raina is also trying to come back and shreyas iyer and rishab pant also need to be backed.

play dhoni is not futuristic ...

Indian domestic commentators, especially the older ones, just go on and on about pitching the ball up for swing

What if the ball is not swinging   or the bowler is not a swing bowler  !!

They seem totally oblivious to hit-the-deck seam bowling as another bowling style.

No wonder we had produced floaty medium pacers for so many years in our history  !

Watching Ishant bowl in Duleep Trophy .....

So many balls  outside the 6th stump or on the leg stump ..... and so many balls either shorter or fuller than good length

He is  carefully bowling both wrong lines and wrong lengths      :phehe:

Has succeeded ..... no wickets so far against domestic batters and leaking runs     :phehe:

Thampi was bowled just 2 overs in spells of 1 over each.     Captain Karthick    :bumsmack:   

Tournaments like Duleep are for the development of India prospects.

Thampi bowled decently in his first over and got inswing.  Speeds 135 k to 140 k

Has anyone seen his 2nd over and know his speeds  ?

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fastest balls at the end of the innings, 4th ODI vs Australia

Shami     146 k

Umesh    144 k

Pandya   142 k

Umesh can't bowl fast without losing control. Today he bowled many deliveries in around 80-85 mph to control the line and length.

7 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Umesh can't bowl fast without losing control. Today he bowled many deliveries in around 80-85 mph to control the line and length.

He loses control when he tries to slow down to get accuracy. He doesn't complete his action and loses control and not because he tries to bowl fast.

22 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Today, his non-slower deliveries were mostly between 135 k to 144 k  ..... bowled lots of slower balls though

But, as @rkt.india  said, he is at his most accurate while bowling his normal speeds of 138 k to 148 k

A pacer loses control when he tries to bowl  either slower or faster than normal pace.