Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

I would pick Bhuvi in form in England, NZ, SA and Zim. Have to see in subcontinent and Australia.
S.c iespecially n northern India or in srilankan conditions he will do real well with the new ball.....genuine swing bowlers usually tend to make an impact there. Aus will not suit him.....Anderson who lost some pace in the ashes was treated like a part timer at times in ashes....s.a I have doubts but given likes of philander have done well,may be worth the gamble. Wi has similar conditions to s.c so depends. But defintetely no1 on my list in eng and Nzl
May be low 130.. Very very rarely high 130s. . Plunkett and stokes were the fastest from both teams.
Even Plunkett and Stokes bowled a lot of low 130s. Stokes and Broad bowled a lot in the 120s even, mostly in the first test match. Shami had a quicker spell today. I would say , no pacer from either side bowled an out and out fast spell.
S.c iespecially n northern India or in srilankan conditions he will do real well with the new ball.....genuine swing bowlers usually tend to make an impact there. Aus will not suit him.....Anderson who lost some pace in the ashes was treated like a part timer at times in ashes....s.a I have doubts but given likes of philander have done well,may be worth the gamble. Wi has similar conditions to s.c so depends. But defintetely no1 on my list in eng and Nzl
Both RP singh and Irfan bowled well at Perth. Anderson is clouderon. Bhvi is not a cloud dependent bowler.
I agree. Australia will be the riskiest for Bhuvi. He should be picked when there is chance of swing.
Yeah he looks like he has the skill....hope he doesn't play too much t20 or Odis before given a test shot. Also Aaron has to be used,before age catches Up to him......I think he has improved his ability to swng without losing much pace....need to try him out ASAP.
We need a new test captain first...period.
If we win this one don't expect another green mamba coming this series. Southampton will be a slow track which should assist spinners in day 4 & 5. Dhoni will play Ashwin now even on a flat deck.
southampton, ages bowl is never a slow track. It is the fastest pitch in England.
i disagree and we have been over this before in ipl section
we have a lot of bowlers like Pandey but lack real genuine pacers and for his development, he needs to be with the team. It is a development process. Yadav and Aaron both should always be with the team in both formats, ODIs and tests.
we have a lot of bowlers like Pandey but lack real genuine pacers and for his development' date=' he needs to be with the team. It is a development process. Yadav and Aaron both should always be with the team in both formats, ODIs and tests.[/quote'] yadav should be with team in tests and aaron in odis and in long run they should play all formats but currently he is not good enough to be test bowler
yadav should be with team in tests and aaron in odis and in long run they should play all formats but currently he is not good enough to be test bowler
why do you think he isnt good enough for tests? He will never be until he plays. You dont get ready made bowlers in India.
why do you think he isnt good enough for tests? He will never be until he plays. You dont get ready made bowlers in India.
like i said he should get ready in a tours and odis and i simply believe he does not moves the ball enough and even that warm ups proved it and in new zealand only time he swung ball was when it was wide i did not really see him beat bat many times he should target tests in australia as those conditions will suit him the most even with his current limitations
like i said he should get ready in a tours and odis and i simply believe he does not moves the ball enough and even that warm ups proved it and in new zealand only time he swung ball was when it was wide i did not really see him beat bat many times he should target tests in australia as those conditions will suit him the most even with his current limitations
there is no evidence as we have not seen him bowl in helpful conditions. In NZ ODI, no Indian bowler really moved the ball. He id swung a bit. Even warmups here, he was one of our better bowlers, certainly better than Ishant, created chances too. He bowled the most maidens in first warmup. You are just assuming that he doesnt move the ball. While you can see in ODIs and one test that did move the ball and got wickets. Even in IPL, he got half decent helpful conditions in UAE and he was one if the best pacer. He would have been handful on this Lords track.
there is no evidence as we have not seen him bowl in helpful conditions. In NZ ODI' date=' no Indian bowler really moved the ball. He id swung a bit. Even warmups here, he was one of our better bowlers, certainly better than Ishant, created chances too. He bowled the most maidens in first warmup. You are just assuming that he doesnt move the ball. While you can see in ODIs and one test that did move the ball and got wickets. Even in IPL, he got half decent helpful conditions in UAE and he was one if the best pacer. He would have been handful on this Lords track.[/quote'] i am not assuming naything i have seen enough of him to conclude this ...obviously he will move ball some times but its hardly a wicket taking ball and about maidens they can be misleading also about ipl i told you already way he got wickets will not work in test cricket...mos wickets were when batsmen were gong after him not where he got their edge off good ball he did get some wickets with extra bounce and pace but in tests people just will leave those balls
We cannot discard players based on far fetched assumptions. He is a skilled bowler. Proven Kumar had the entire top' date='order poking and prodding in the CB final. BK Is an upgraded version of PK[/quote'] I am not discarding him. It is you are who are making assumptions based on one match of Pathan and RP at Perth. Even Umesh took fifer there. Once he plays, we will know about it in those conditions. It is early too judge him where he has not played. He has played in India and here it will be not easy for him.
i am not assuming naything i have seen enough of him to conclude this ...obviously he will move ball some times but its hardly a wicket taking ball and about maidens they can be misleading also about ipl i told you already way he got wickets will not work in test cricket...mos wickets were when batsmen were gong after him not where he got their edge off good ball he did get some wickets with extra bounce and pace but in tests people just will leave those balls
You are certainly assuming when he has not played any much helpful conditions yet and at his pace he doesnt need to move the ball a lot. He is the only bowler who decent bouncers in this team and at pace and if leaving was so easy, batsmen would have left Johnson all day long because you dont get many wickets with bouncers but the by the doubts that pacey bouncers create on fuller deliveries and he is pretty good with reverse swing too. The quartet for BK, Shami, Yadav, Aaron is what we need to develop and turn into world class bowlers to win tests overseas.

Our bowlers have done well so far in this test series even though the wickets were flat. Can't have all prospects in a pace bowling attack of 3 bowlers. The bench bowlers as well as those not in squad have to wait for their turn. The way our bowlers are bowling we have more probability of winning this test. I don't see any changes especially if we win. The second and third choice bowling attack has to wait in case the first choice bowlers are winning the test for us.