Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Shami definitely is and with the right support, he will become India's best fast bowler ever. However, Avesh Khan, if selected, will become a force to reckon with, in world cricket. He will terrorize batsmen

Hajmola sir? :P  kuchh baat hazam nahi hui..

Sorry but I don't agree hardik pandya going further than 144 or 145k ..I was seeing the match on HD and had great speakers.. I could hear the grunt he was making.

Because this was his debut match- hardik was bowling his HEART OUT and consistently grunting during his first spell of 7 overs.

I will be really happy if he maintains between 136 to 144k ...can you believe his average pace after 5 overs was around 140.8k

on average kinda equal to Umesh.

only difference is he was grunting hard and Umesh was not.

he has been 135 to 140k all of his years and has suddenly shot up to 136 to 144k. I don't expect him to increase his pace further as he does not look so STRONG as Umesh and Shammi who can get pace through shoulder too..but yes hardik looks faster than BK at present.

20 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Avesh Khan is the real deal. I dont care about his pace, but of what I saw in that tournament, this kid will outbowl Zaheer khan!

That's a BIG big statement about Avesh....ZAk was a FOX during his last year.

ZAK and Srinath were the best fast bowlers produced by INDIA...Umesh and Shammi are talented but definitely not as good as them ( at least as on today).

22 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Mark my words, Avesh will become as good as Zak or better than him.

At such an young age, Avesh  already seems to have understood where to bowl to pick up wickets consistently.  Many bowlers don't learn it even in their late 20s.

Additionally, he is tall, hits the deck hard, gets steep bounce, is quick for his age and  gets consistent seam movement.  These types of bowlers, if good, are generally very successful in international cricket.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

At such an young age, Avesh  already seems to have understood where to bowl to pick up wickets consistently.  Many bowlers don't learn it even in their late 20s.

Additionally, he is tall, hits the deck hard, gets steep bounce, is quick for his age and  gets consistent seam movement.  These types of bowlers, if good, are generally very successful in international cricket.

Avesh is a very Ambrose/Walsh type of bowler. Will have to wait and see how he progresses.

Normally a very good sign of what is a bowlers natural pace is when he bowls the first delivery and around what speed on average, Pandya and Umesh both bowl around 138 to 140 K first deliveries and then crank it up to 146 n in Umesh case 150 plus, grunt is not a sign that a bowler cannot bowl faster but a habit, like some tennis players do, looking at Pandya he has gained pace because of work on his runup n action n he can bowl faster as his footing on delivery is not ideal

9 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Normally a very good sign of what is a bowlers natural pace is when he bowls the first delivery and around what speed on average, Pandya and Umesh both bowl around 138 to 140 K first deliveries and then crank it up to 146 n in Umesh case 150 plus, grunt is not a sign that a bowler cannot bowl faster but a habit, like some tennis players do, looking at Pandya he has gained pace because of work on his runup n action n he can bowl faster as his footing on delivery is not ideal

Look, Pandya is young and he is athletic, gifted. He can bowl sharp consistently, by that I mean 140- 146-147kph if he stays focussed. His problem is not talent or work ethics, his problem is his attitude. He is a wannabe and also overconfident and sounds like a prick.

We know one such figure, Shoaib. Now, if Pandya goes the Shoaib way, that will be great! As long as he doesnt let it stop his progress..

8 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

Look, Pandya is young and he is athletic, gifted. He can bowl sharp consistently, by that I mean 140- 146-147kph if he stays focussed. His problem is not talent or work ethics, his problem is his attitude. He is a wannabe and also overconfident and sounds like a prick.

We know one such figure, Shoaib. Now, if Pandya goes the Shoaib way, that will be great! As long as he doesnt let it stop his progress..

He reminded me of Kambli kinda, attitude and style, like Ewww, but his interview was quite good and he is a very hard working guys based on what I have read

Edited by MCcricket

Virat Kohli is a living example that fans should not conflate attitude with work ethic.  As long as Pandya's work ethic is strong, he can maximize his abilities and chances - he will get many because he simply doesn't have too many competitors of his kind in India.  Its entirely up to him what he makes of his career - that's something very few Indian cricketers have.  

10 hours ago, express bowling said:

Why  is Avesh not playing Ranji Trophy  after such an inspired performance in the U19 WC  ?

Alzarri Joseph is  playing test matches......I don't want Avesh to do the same but he should play in Ranji atleast.

Every one is going gaga over Avesh for me Khalil is as good if not better prospect, only worry for Avesh is he is a big unit, heavy set, hope he can stay fit and not slow down as his kinda bowlers sometimes do

5 hours ago, MCcricket said:

Every one is going gaga over Avesh for me Khalil is as good if not better prospect, only worry for Avesh is he is a big unit, heavy set, hope he can stay fit and not slow down as his kinda bowlers sometimes do

I liked Shubham Mavi too from U19 squad, tall lad with good basic bowling action and he was no sloth in terms of pace when comparing to Khalil or Avesh.