Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In my humble opinion, he looked ordinary today and also in the last Ranji match which was telecasted.

What do you think about his bowling  ?

He may have been under pressure to perform.We can't write him off after today ' performance. He is certainly on selectors ' radar in the leg spinners category after Mishra

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kuldeep bowled a very good sequence of well thought out deliveries almost every over to set up the batsmen and dismiss them.  He combined  his chinamen and straighter ones very well with his googlies. Pitched most deliveries just outside the off-stump and the batsmen were often fooled by which ones will come is and which ones will go out. As Mosher pointed out, he has excellent control over his googlies.

He put a lot of over-spin on the ball too and got good zip and bounce often. This troubled the batsmen. Many deliveries dipped on the batsmen and they were often not sure where the ball will pitch.  A couple of dismissals were the result of that.

The only improvement I would like is him using the side-spin more consistently. Perhaps it was some dew in the evening that was preventing him from doing so.  We saw him get good side-spin during the day-time in the Duleep trophy.

I have high hopes from Kuldeep & sees him as match winner in all conditions

37 minutes ago, express bowling said:

In my humble opinion, he looked ordinary today and also in the last Ranji match which was telecasted.

What do you think about his bowling  ?

He got thrown off by the effective reverse-sweeping by the poms.  They didn't allow him to bowl to his plan.  Needs to work on that a bit.  Good learning experience for him.  Poms couldn't do that to Golu kulu, because he's a new guy and bowls novelty chinamen, they couldn't pick him and the risk factor was too high.  

I think Chahal has potential, needs to get seasoned a bit, but is a smart guy with good physical skills.  Long-term viable option in all forms in my opinion.  Unlikely to stagnate a la Piyush Chawla.   His fielding needs a bit of work though.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Hardik Pandya bowled like a top test match bowler today although he was bowling in a one day match..  I think he is ready for test matches as a bowler.

The first thing noticeable was his accuracy. In his first spell, he bowled 5 to 6 balls in the same spot....good length, around off-stump and the batsmen just could not get him away even when more experienced seamers went for lots of runs.  He has developed a  good stock delivery now and that is half the battle won.

The next thing is his natural ability to hit the deck hard and get some extra bounce and seam movement. It was consistently on show today. He seamed the ball both ways and got many deliveries to kick up from length and just short of it.  In combination with accuracy, this is very difficult to handle and ideal for test match bowling.

He got some outswing with the new ball too and in combination with his seaming deliveries....it was a pleasure to see him move the ball both ways with such consistency.

He bowled quick in his 2nd and 3rd spells. Bowled some vicious bouncers and hit Billings on the head with one.

He bowled some slower deliveries too and the only thing that was lacking is yorkers in the end overs. he needs to work on this aspect if he wants to be a good LOI bowler.  But, the improvement he has shown as a bowler....I think we are going to see this sooner rather than later.

I may have missed it, but didn't see any slower ones from him at all, right EB?  Adding yorkers and some good change of pace stuff, cutters etc will be the next thing for him.  Quality prospect.   I'm concerned about bowling work-loads for him though.  He needs to strengthen his core and hopefully stays relatively injury free.  

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

I may have missed it, but didn't see any slower ones from him at all, right EB?  Adding yorkers and some good change of pace stuff, cutters etc will be the next thing for him.  Quality prospect.   I'm concerned about bowling work-loads for him though.  He needs to strengthen his core and hopefully stays relatively injury free.  

He bowled some slower ones but they were quite well disguised 

I feel it is better not to go for cutters now....trying to execute them regularly  often messes up the seam position of a seamer and Pandya is still too raw to be faced with this problem

Edited by express bowling
13 hours ago, sandeep said:

He got thrown off by the effective reverse-sweeping by the poms.  They didn't allow him to bowl to his plan.  Needs to work on that a bit.  Good learning experience for him.  Poms couldn't do that to Golu kulu, because he's a new guy and bowls novelty chinamen, they couldn't pick him and the risk factor was too high.  

I think Chahal has potential, needs to get seasoned a bit, but is a smart guy with good physical skills.  Long-term viable option in all forms in my opinion.  Unlikely to stagnate a la Piyush Chawla.   His fielding needs a bit of work though.

Chahal is as ordinary as they come, will take Mishra any day over him for ODIs.

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Any news about Aaron's injury? This season was very important for him to stay in the radar of the selectors. Unfortunate for him to miss out on almost the whole season. I am afraid time is running out for him.

He had started well before injury but now, he needs to play county season after IPL.

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Chahal is as ordinary as they come, will take Mishra any day over him for ODIs.

Mishraji averages 23 in ODIs, anyone would take mishra ji over any other bowler, ATG mishraji is a once in a lifetime bowler, Indian is lucky to have mishraji

Mishraji should retire immediately from international cricket and cement his legacy as a bonafide hall of famer. Mishraji has a golden opportunity to retire with a bowling average under 25 in ODIs thus giving India the bragging rights of finally managing to produce a sub 25 average bowler, Mishraji can truly make India proud, Respect mishraji :bow: