Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Hardik Pandya did not bowl well in the last game. He was looking very good as a bowler in the NZ series, practice match against England and the 1st ODI of this series.

I got the feeling that the knock he got on his feet when a throw hit him while batting, may have affecting his bowling. he did not open the bowling like he was doing earlier.  His pace was down...although he hit a quickest of 143 k but he was generally bowling much slower and not running in as well. His accuracy suffered as a result.

I hope he gets back his original rhythm in the next game.

Hopefully Aaron manages to find an IPL team that plays on seamer friendly pitches and a team that isnt surfeit with pace options. Want to watch Nathu Aaron and Rajpoot this year

Coming to Pandya and the current series, he has improved no doubt. Every now and then he bowls with terrific rhythm and pace. However I have never seen him bowl that way in consecutive matches. Looks good as a support bowler atm. I'd bowl Bumrah with the new ball instead.

On 1/20/2017 at 10:34 PM, Mosher said:

Aaron and Umesh are similar not just in pace but also sometimes not so accurate. Both have made improvements in accuracy but that is not enough for them to play limited overs cricket. They need to develop variations and accurate yorkers. So better for them play Test cricket now. Aaron can be a asset in Test cricket as he has a very good bouncer and can be used alternatively with Umesh.

Umesh is a excellent athlete though. Aaron seems really injury prone. He may be better served focusing on limited overs matches at this point. 

1 hour ago, Mosher said:

@express bowling Bro how did the bowlers bowl? Missed the whole match.

It was a mixed bag bro.  Yesterday's pitch had a lot of pace and bounce along with seam movement. There was some swing early on too.  In the first 7 overs both Bhuvi and Pandya went for swing, pitched the ball up and moved the ball away with rare inswingers.  I felt that they bowled a tad wide after the first 2 overs and this resulted in lots of plays and misses but did not take the batsmen's edge.  Bumrah came in the 8th over and started to hit the deck hard....got seam movement and bounce but wickets still did not come our way.  The first wicket partnership of 98 was too big for this kind of a rare seamer-friendly pitch.

In the middle overs, Jaddu bowled well and his sliding delivery, to get Roy bowled, was spectacular.  But Ashwin was not that good.  We should have played a 4th pacer, Umesh, on this kind of a pitch in place of Ashwin.  I hope that our team management is more flexible about our bowler composition in England, after yesterday's experience.

After the 35th over, we went on a hit the deck strategy using Pandya and then Bumrah.  This was ideal for this pitch.  Lots of good bouncers were bowled and just short of length rising deliveries tucked up batsmen.  This resulted in the batsmen trying to hit out to the rare pitched up deliveries and Pandya got 3 wickets from such deliveries, which were actually induced by good short balls previously.  Bumrah bounced out Moeen Ali and this phase was very interesting for fast bowling lovers like us.

The end overs were a bit expensive. Bumrah could not land his yorkers and got hit.   Bhuvi landed his  yorkers  and still got hit.

Speeds were Bumrah 133 k to 142 k.....Pandya 133 k to 139 k....Bhuvi  127 k to 139 k

I felt that we could have done much better if we had a 4th pacer and 321 was too high on such a rare seamer-friendly pitch.

Edited by express bowling

Although I was surprised at Bhuvi's inclusion. he doesnt have it in him I feel. I saw a lot of posts here stating Bhuvi outbowled Umesh, but I dont think so.

Although Bhuvi has increased his pace and is fast medium now. 

Not impressed by Bumrah and Pandya. Neither of them look like a long term investment.

See frankly we have to also raise the respectable runs given by bowlers beacuse the game has changed and the scores have gone up from initial days 220 to 240, to 280 to finally 320 as ave score, and bowler were good if they would ave  under 4 then 5 then now should be 6 runs per over.

Bumrah has had a slightly off series he is coming back from injury, Pandya has shown he is no flash in the pan, has been progressing pretty fast, now we need to look at youngsters and find options, Nathu, Aniket, Suyal, Ankit, Sran, Sangwan are few who have potential.

Also Aaron needs to be brought back into scheme of things as he cannot be wasted, and Virats captaincy surely will make him bowl better.

Highly impressed with Basil Thampi bowling in SMA trophy

He has bowled fast, accurate inswinging yorkers at will.....got a good slower ball too

Speeds between 135 k to 144 k lots of balls above 140 k

Round-arm action

Looks on the taller side  bur skids on to the bat quickly

Has picked up 3 wickets from 4 overs for only 18 runs

Edited by express bowling