Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

7 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

From what I've seen combined with some assumptions Thampi probably is as fast as Umesh which is

consistently around 142-143ks and fastest at 147-148ks.Though Thampi is younger and Umesh is physically

stronger than him so Umesh will be more consistent with his pace.Thampi is 23 so he can get quicker and

gain some pace.He's round armish so will be handy with the old ball.These 2 are bit quicker than Shami who's

the best fast bowler for India as of now.Nathu is similar paced.Both are 137-138ks and can hit 145ks when

on song.Then there are Ankit Rajpoot and Aniket Chowdhury who are tall and got good bounce.Both

are 135-140ks consistently while Ankit clocked in mid to high 140s in IPL last year,fastest being 147.6 kph.

In the LOIs we have Bumrah and Hardik.Both are 137-142 with fastest being 144-145ks.Ishant is 130-135ks

nowadays though can bowl quicker when he wants (137-143ks).Even BK hits 140ks nowadays in LOIs.Shardul

will probably around 137-140ks at his best.India's fastest bowler remains injured most of the times though fit

right now is Aaron who is capable of hitting 150 kph.Hope to get him back in.This looks to be the fast bowling

pool right now in the country.Warrier,Sangwan,Shukla,Avesh are some other decent seamers in the domestic circuit.

Disappointed with Ishant and Aaron, for diff reasons Ishant because he might be loosing his new found Rythm again. Aaron because boss when will you be not injured for one whole season ? I want to see him in one series along with Shami/Yadav one test here or there when they realize the potential they promised as a group.

Need to see Thambi and Aniket fast tracked to next level followed by Nathu/Ankit before they start trundling.

3 minutes ago, Masquerade said:

I think the bowling coach we had before was also very good. All the current bowlers actually improved a lot under him and iirc, there was also an article where they were praising him. 

But when BCCI employed Kumble, they ended up sacking the guy and never replacing him. 

Agree.... Bharat Arun was a good bowling coach who understood the importance of combining pace with accuracy and also the need to sustain pace throughout the day

Indian pacers always look good when there is  movement  on offer,   whether conventional or reverse swing or seam movement.  

We have to learn how to bowl on flat pitches..... maintaining discipline over after over with nothing happening on the movement  front...... hitting the deck hard and using some bounce and small seam movements as weapons.

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

Does anyone know the speed range of Lalit Yadav from Vidarbha, 21 year old, seem to be quick..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From an article from TOI about Lalit Yadav

"I love to bowl with pace," Yadav said recollecting his MRF Trial three years ago where he clocked 138kph-plus.
Having been groomed by former India seamer Subroto Banerjee at the VCA Academy, Lalit is now under the tutelage of Vidarbha coach Paras Mhambrey and is regularly in touch with "Umesh Bhaiya".
"Whenever he comes to Nagpur, I meet him. He always supports me with his vast knowledge of pace bowling. I'm really grateful."
Showering praise on the youngster, Mhambrey said: "It's really exciting to work with the talented youngsters. He's promising and he can reach 140-plus if we work on him."