Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

I don't hate trundlers but I strongly believe that under 140 k bowlers should not play for India.

Even I don't hate trundlers that much re just look at bhuvi bowling around 131k but swinging it both ways and pitching it full I like that type bowling Tim southee is also an example but how on earth you can't hate dindu vinnu arvind mithun undacut ?

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Even I don't hate trundlers that much re just look at bhuvi bowling around 131k but swinging it both ways and pitching it full I like that type bowling Tim southee is also an example but how on earth you can't hate dindu vinnu arvind mithun undacut ?

As a matured cricket analyst dinda vinay bhuvi sandeep srinath arvind mithun undakat have represented India and their states ...so they do have some genuine talent...each bowler who has gone n played in 11 for India is gifted.

I m OK with bhuvi as he does touch 140 sometimes.

Others don't meet criterion to play for India as a pace bowler.

Bhuvi is 135 to 142 on green tracks and swing too.

On patta too...these pacers shud bowl 140+ else do not play in India 11.

9 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

So Zaheer Khan and Kapil Dev should not have played for India?

Even Shami doesn't consistently bowl above 140k, so should kick him out as well?

Zak bowled 145 when he debuted for India. Kapil too was no slouch in terms of pace. Regarding Shami, he does bowl over 140KPH, lot of his deliveries. No bowler bowl every ball over 140.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

Zak bowled 145 when he debuted for India. Kapil too was no slouch in terms of pace.

When Zak was an established bowler and for most of his career his speed was 135 to 140k. Ofcourse the odd balls would be above 140k but the average speed was just around 135 to 138k. Kapil was not slow but not above 140K on average as the poster suggested.

A skilled 135k bowler will always trump an unskilled 140k bowler. Speed is just another weapon in a bowler's armoury and not the only one.

So saying anyone bowling below 140K should automatically be kicked out is plain stupidity. You never judge a bowler with just one facet.

16 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Even Shami doesn't consistently bowl above 140k, so should kick him out as well?

Zak always varied from 130 to 145k...at start of his career he bowled at 145+ too.

Shammi bowls 136 to 147k.

I don't mean each and every ball he bowls should be 140+....but at least a few balls in an over.

Zahir khan was always 140+ bowler in his initial years and then he lost his fitness even then he was skiddy and pacy bowled 137+ didn't trundle

Kapil was fast when debuted my senior s says that

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Zak always varied from 130 to 145k...at start of his career he bowled at 145+ too.

Shammi bowls 136 to 147k.

I don't mean each and every ball he bowls should be 140+....but at least a few balls in an over.

2 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Zahir khan was always 140+ bowler in his initial years and then he lost his fitness even then he was skiddy and pacy bowled 137+ didn't trundle

Kapil was fast when debuted my senior s says that

Show me any video where Zak bowls over 140k consistently even in his early days. Zak was never too pacy, it's just that the purchase he got off the pitch made it look faster than he actually bowled. I can show zillions of videos where he bowled only 130 to 140k.

What dhoni said and about whom.

Umesh didn't do well in the first odi against Bangladesh during India's last bangla tour; then egoistic and stupid dhoni took the jib on umesh by saying "India has been supporting too many genuine fast bowlers now a days" in an press conference live

Kapil did extend his career by 1 to 2 yrs and killed the career of raju kulkarni and few good pace bowlers...he was less than 135 in his last 3 yrs but earlier he was 130 to 139k which was fast compared to Indian pace bowlers at that time.

Chetan sharma touched 140 or even more n was fastish.

Srinath even bowled upto 153k ..probably fastest Indian pacer during his early days.

When Zak was an established bowler and for most of his career his speed was 135 to 140k. Ofcourse the odd balls would be above 140k but the average speed was just around 135 to 138k. Kapil was not slow but not above 140K on average as the poster suggested.

A skilled 135k bowler will always trump an unskilled 140k bowler. Speed is just another weapon in a bowler's armoury and not the only one.

So saying anyone bowling below 140K should automatically be kicked out is plain stupidity. You never judge a bowler with just one facet.

Speeds you mentioned above cannot be be called as a trundling.. And just look at the Aussie system why they are so successful in pace department?? You know why?? Because they do kicks out bowlers bowling below 140k

8 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Speeds you mentioned above cannot be be called as a trundling.. And just look at the Aussie system why they are so successful in pace department?? You know why?? Because they do kicks out bowlers bowling below 140k

As an example see this set of video from 2006 tour to SA. Zaheer is seen here bowling some 10 to 12 balls, most of them wicket deliveries. The speeds are between 126 k to 135k. Nothing above 135k with the average being 132k. Zaheer was certainly at his peak in 2006. As I said, it's a myth that Zak was a fast bowler, he was a highly skilled medium fast bowler.

Hazlewood again bowls 135 to 140k. Other than Starc which established bowler bowls above 140k in Aus? NZ and Eng have bowlers who bowl slower than likes of Umesh and Aaron but are much more skilled. That's why I am saying it is of no use having just pace. You have to look at the whole package.

Edited by Forever Indian
As an example see this set of video from 2006 tour to SA. Zaheer is seen here bowling some 10 to 12 balls, most of them wicket deliveries. The speeds are between 126 k to 135k. Nothing above 135k with the average being 132k. Zaheer was certainly at his peak in 2006. As I said, it's a myth that Zak was a fast bowler, he was a highly skilled medium fast bowler.

Hazlewood again bowls 135 to 140k. Other than Starc which established bowler bowls above 140k in Aus? NZ and Eng have bowlers who bowl slower than likes of Umesh and Aaron but are much more skilled. That's why I am saying it is of no use having just pace. You have to look at the whole package.

Great but just search 2003wc zaheee khan he was as fast as any bowling 145 consistently

Josh always bowls 139 to 144 k in odis not so in tests

Apart from starc

Patto

Cummins

Jhye Richardson's

Billy stanlake

Hastings

Coulternile are all 145k

Lol and brother which India England series you was watching?? Eng had wokes stokes plunkett jorden and tymall mills in loi who are all 145k bowlers

Only in test matches Anderson broad trundled and got Spanked by us

1 minute ago, speedheat said:

Great but just search 2003wc zaheee khan he was as fast as any bowling 145 consistently

LOIs are a different ball game. You have to bowl only 4 or 10 overs with shorter spells, so ofcourse bowlers can go allout. We are talking about tests here, right? No team has ever had bowlers only bowling 140+ in tests because having the stamina to do that all day is very rare.

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

Josh always bowls 139 to 144 k in odis not so in tests

Apart from starc

Patto

Cummins

Jhye Richardson's

Billy stanlake

Hastings

Coulternile are all 145k

Lol and brother which India England series you was watching?? Eng had wokes stokes plunkett jorden and tymall mills in loi who are all 145k bowlers

Only in test matches Anderson broad trundled and got Spanked by us

Dude, I have all along been mentioning tests and you are giving me LOI speeds. In LOIs when has swing, seam and skills mattered much? It is just about changes in pace and death bowling there.

41 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

Its a different thing for a bowler to bowl under 140 when he is established and experienced than a young bowler debuting and bowling 135K. As bowler age, they reduce their pace on purpose and rely more on their experience but event hen guy like Zak could up their pace when needed. You dont need to bowl 140 plus all the time but you must have that option thaty when needed, you can up the pace and bowler 140 plus. BIggest example is Dale Steyn. He is a master of surprising batsmen with sudden high pace. 

Regarding Zaheer in his early days, an average pace of 138KPH is very good. To average 138, one has to bowl a lot of deliveries over 140 plus. We are not talking about bowling 140KPH plus every ball but the ability to bowl 140 plus when required which Zaheer and I have seen Zaheer from his debut and he was 140+ most of the time in his early days.