Jason Segel Quit Twitter Over a Burrito Debate

vvvslaxman

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-201407151201reedbusivarietyn1201262532-20140715,0,3723686.story Jason Segel Quit Twitter Over a Burrito Debate Ramin Setoodeh Variety 12:30 p.m. CDT, July 15, 2014 Jason Segel isn't as technologically clueless as his character in "Sex Tape" -- who uploads a private video on the Internet by mistake -- but he's not a fan of online oversharing. At the New York screening of his new Sony Pictures romantic comedy, he explained why he quit Twitter. "I realized that's not a power I want to wield," Segel said. "At one point, at 3 a.m., I was deciding between eating a sandwich and a burrito, and I ate a sandwich. It was delicious, and I tweeted, Sandwiches are better than burritos. And then there was a firestorm of debate. People hated me: You don't know about burritos, they'd say. I decided that was too much responsibility for me." Segel recalled the first sex tape he ever watched. "I think it would have to go back to my teenage days," he said. "Pamela Anderson and Tommy Lee -- that's the original mother of them all." Cameron Diaz, who plays his wife, claimed she's never seen a sex tape, even though she makes one in the film. She wasn't uncomfortable with the nude scenes. "It's not an objectification," Diaz said. "If I had done it another time, I was a young girl who was taking off my clothes in a movie, that never felt right to me. For me, this is about two people who are in a loving relationship, who are being playful with one another." Director Jake Kasdan, who shot the film in Boston last year, recalls engaging in some sex tape research. "I watched a little bit of, 'How do people do this?'" he said. "We wanted it to look like an accurate representation, and most of the time, when people make sex tapes, they don't have a crew. I saw some clips of famous ones. There's a lot more amateur ones." The youngest actor at the event was 11-year-old Sebastian Thomas, who plays the couple's son. He spoke with Variety about not being able to watch all of the R-rated comedy: Have you seen the movie? I saw like 25 percent of it. Did you have to cover your eyes? I did. I had, like, this leather jacket, and I was covering my eyes and covering my ears. My parents were like, 'Oh no! You can't see that!' But you sat through the entire film? I did not see or hear all of it. Did you understand what happens? I did. I think that they lose their sex tape, and they have to go on a mission. Do you have a crush on Cameron Diaz? No, she's my friend. That would be pretty weird. :cantstop: