Why do people want rohit back?

Just because he is on the bench, commentators and fans suddenly want him back. Looking at his overseas performances, he has only got a couple of 50s and failed elsewhere. Failed in SA tests, and in NZ tests got a 50. But was never able to help the team. We don't need "lazy elegance" when we have bhuvi batting way better than he ever did overseas When you have kohli and pujara yet to make big scores, why replace binny with rohit? Heck ashwin is the logical option since he can bat and bowl. Personally i'd go for aaron cause 4 seamers is what we need to blast england. But i dont want rohit back.

Ideally you would want a solid middle order batsman who has a good temprement & technique vs quality fast bowling. It's clear that nohit is not someone who can do that. Also i read somewhere that the selectors caught up with manoj tiwary & said that they arelooking at his performances seriously. Also manoj is performing well for india A in australia . So i think manoj may be there on aus tour & may replace rohit.

I think the issue with him is attitude.The way he sledged Steyn come to India was embarrassing to say the least. As for his failure in SA even Even Kohli and Pujara failed in their first overseas tour.So wont read too much into that apart that embarrassment vs Styen :facepalm: But his performance in NZL was decent and did top score with 70 on a green top.If his attitude is K dont mind him back at no.6 for 3rd if it is green like Lords.Dhoni is not good enough for no.6 and its better to have Rohit to help out Rahane atleast.

I think the issue with him is attitude.The way he sledged Steyn come to India was embarrassing to say the least. As for his failure in SA even Even Kohli and Pujara failed in their first overseas tour.So wont read too much into that apart that embarrassment vs Styen :facepalm: But his performance in NZL was decent and did top score with 70 on a green top.If his attitude is K dont mind him back at no.6 for 3rd if it is green like Lords.Dhoni is not good enough for no.6 and its better to have Rohit to help out Rahane atleast.
in long run he should come back ..i made lot of fun of him but if he improves he deserves a chance but why play extra batsman now when jadeja and bhuvi are showing up ? i know they wont always perform but top order also wont always fail so why not play a proper bowler which dhoni trusts be it spinner play and strengthen the side further ?
in long run he should come back ..i made lot of fun of him but if he improves he deserves a chance but why play extra batsman now when jadeja and bhuvi are showing up ? i know they wont always perform but top order also wont always fail so why not play a proper bowler which dhoni trusts be it spinner play and strengthen the side further ?
Temperament is always a big question mark, somehow never gives an impression he can deliver
Temperament is always a big question mark' date=' somehow never gives an impression he can deliver[/quote'] same was said about vijay but look at him now ..he does have plenty of good things about his batting ..problem with him is he has very risky off side shots which go in air and he drives without moving his feat particularly at start of his inning to very wide balls (basically in cricket terms does not knows where off stump is ) he can easily correct that and respect bowlers and score runs by leaving most of balls which trouble him he does has very good technique for short balls and looked pretty good in india so in long run he will play for us but is he willing to let go of his come to india attitude and now his current place ?
You are right but he had a bad IPL and two test matches. Nobody is throwing him under the bus just asking him to take it easy.
whats with people trying to drop good players based on bad ipl and 2 tests ? same thing is being said about shami and now its even more stupid with kohli in discussion please explain me how it will help him ? h needs to bat now in winning environment without much pressure and score runs ..nothing else will bring him back to form and he did not play anything between ipl and tests but clearly it did not improve his form now did it ?
Its just that i am not too comfortable on a green top with Dhoni at 6. If we face a similar pitch at Rose bowl and lose toss could be tricky.Having Dhawan and Kohli out form and Pujara failing with starts , puts too much pressure on Vijay and Rahane imo Cant always expect Bhuvi to rescue us and not sure about Ashwin if the pitch doesnt turn.If the pitch is dry or can break down on days 4&5 then by all means play Ashwin