Tailunt is slotted to play at Rose Bowl?

in seaming hes not.Not convincingly better anyway. Ashwin can just about do same with the bat,plus can pick 2-3 wickets
Not even ashwin would say as good a bat as rohit. Being silly now Its like me pointing out ashwins awful away test bowling and saying Rohit could do as good as ashwin with the ball as ashwin has poor away test record with ball. Thankfully not that silly
Rohit is better bat then Ashwin! Yes he is I am afraid Choice is between rohit and gambhir. Number 6 is needed so rohit. If dhawan to be axed then gambhir
Ashwin has 2 tons at home & a good run in Australia. Easily more reliable that a guy who leaves straight ball. Ishant might suck but he still shows no lack in effort whereas Rohit is a lazy dud. The only effort he shows is in his duck face after getting out.
Ashwin has 2 tons at home & a good run in Australia. Easily more reliable that a guy who leaves straight ball. Ishant might suck but he still shows no lack in effort whereas Rohit is a lazy dud. The only effort he shows is in his duck face after getting out.
This is a misconception....Just because he has a lazy elegance with his strokemaking he becomes Lazy?seriously??? He is one of the better fielders in the Indian side and from what I have seen keeps himself fit....so How is he lazy?
Not even ashwin would say as good a bat as rohit. Being silly now Its like me pointing out ashwins awful away test bowling and saying Rohit could do as good as ashwin with the ball as ashwin has poor away test record with ball. Thankfully not that silly
This
Bowl them out for 150.. you don't need 6 batsmen..
I personally will play ash. But am happy Binny is not going to make it. This 6 batsman theory also does not really work. the truth is that many batsman who play at 4-5-6 dont have that much pressure on their shoulders knowing that they have a proper batsman at 7 coming in. Its a mental thing. Sort of like I used to get worked up on subjects which i knew had no second chance in terms of the exam. While subjects with a back up resit exam. My mind was clear and i score better. Its simply just not about 5 batters and 5 bowlers. Sometimes the mental blocks go when you know you have depth. My coach in sixth form (high school) said the same thing to me. For all we know MSD might improve with the bat if he comes after rohit.
This is a misconception....Just because he has a lazy elegance with his strokemaking he becomes Lazy?seriously??? He is one of the better fielders in the Indian side and from what I have seen keeps himself fit....so How is he lazy?
Munaf and Rohit were considered the most lazy players. Ask Symonds for a start. I remember him saying he was a fan of Rohit's batting but hated his lack of effort. When they both played for DC. And lazy elegance. Lol
Munaf and Rohit were considered the most lazy players. Ask Symonds for a start. I remember him saying he was a fan of Rohit's batting but hated his lack of effort. When they both played for DC. And lazy elegance. Lol
Symonds did not name Rohit....He said Young Indian cricketers because a 30+ year old Symonds could out run a 19 or 20 year old Indian athlete....that is sad but true....that had nothing to do with an individual. As far as Munaf goes,He was a poor fielder,couldn't run,injury prone....do you think Rohit is either of those 3.
I personally will play ash. But am happy Binny is not going to make it. This 6 batsman theory also does not really work. the truth is that many batsman who play at 4-5-6 dont have that much pressure on their shoulders knowing that they have a proper batsman at 7 coming in. Its a mental thing. Sort of like I used to get worked up on subjects which i knew had no second chance in terms of the exam. While subjects with a back up resit exam. My mind was clear and i score better. Its simply just not about 5 batters and 5 bowlers. Sometimes the mental blocks go when you know you have depth. My coach in sixth form (high school) said the same thing to me. For all we know MSD might improve with the bat if he comes after rohit.
Exactly.. Top order can play a bit carelessly knowing they ahve 7 batsmen and trigger a collapse. Honestly We can call this batting line up a world class batting line up. We cannot possibly call this a world class bowling line up. So it is only fair to expect a world class batting line up to own the responsibility a little more. Besides they are not totally helpless. Lower order bailed them out 4 times in a row. So it is high time they show some spine.
Symonds did not name Rohit....He said Young Indian cricketers because a 30 year old Symonds could out run a 19 or 20 year old Indian athlete....that is sad but true....that had nothing to do with an individual. As far as Munaf goes,He was a poor fielder,couldn't run,injury prone....do you think Rohit is either of those 3.
Very vivdly remember Symonds mentioning Rohit in a interview. Rohit never looks in while playing an innings. Seems like you could get him anytime and he usually does get out after getting set. Even in FC cricket.
Simple thing is we still lack in bowling and need 5 bowling options to take 20 wickets.Even on a seam friendly wicket,our seamers get tired very soon. Best way to do that is to play Ashwin so we don't lose much in batting(again respective to seam friendly conditions)
Exactly.. Top order can play a bit carelessly knowing they ahve 7 batsmen and trigger a collapse. Honestly We can call this batting line up a world class batting line up. We cannot possibly call this a world class bowling line up. So it is only fair to expect a world class batting line up to own the responsibility a little more. Besides they are not totally helpless. Lower order bailed them out 4 times in a row. So it is high time they show some spine.
How can you call our batting line up world class yet? Our most reputed player Kohli hasnt even fully established himself in tests yet. Vijay who has turned out to be a gun opener before this series this was being considered as a his last chance. Rahane did not look like he was going to be a regualar or established till his Lords 100 even though he has been consistent. Dhawan is hit or miss Dhoni,Jadeja etc the less said the better. Pujara is consistent but he hasnt been scoring those big knocks he originally was. Rohit Sharma considered dispensable enough to be benched. Gambhir dip in form,trying to make a comeback So tell me how is this a world class spoilt for options batting line up
How can you call our batting line up world class yet? Our most reputed player Kohli hasnt even fully established himself in tests yet. Vijay who has turned out to be a gun opener was being considered this as a last chance. Rahane did not look like he was going to be a regualar or established till his Lords 100 even though he has been consistent. Dhawan is hit or miss Dhoni,Jadeja etc the less said the better. Pujara is consistent but he hasnt been scoring those big knocks he originally was. Rohit Sharma considered dispensable enough to be benched. Gambhir dip in form,trying to make a comeback So tell me how is this a world class spoilt for options batting line up
Compared to our bowling ilne up it is definitely. They scored in all conditions against varied attacks. Kohli fired in two series in ar ow. Rahane has done well in 3 series in a row. Pujara is already hightly rated. M Vijay is in form of his life showing much better technique any opener for India abroad after Gavaskar. So we are in safe hands there. Just look at bowling Pissant who has played 60 tests still average 37.Bhuvan has played just 2 tests abraod, Shami is also almost new then Jaddu.

Switching players in fine but there is no need to change your winning combination. 5 bats + Dhoni, Jadeja/Ashwin + 4 seamers. We won that match without any contribution from Binny but as said earlier Ishant is going to pick a 7fer every game. Slot in Rohit, but without distrupting the winning combination. If Rahane wasn't performing, I wouldn't have minded Rohit in.