Countdown for Dhobi's removal as captain.

I just looked back at the other threads before the first and second tests. Most people on this forum wanted Pankaj to play, more so than Aaron :giggle: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=314942&page=8 Well Dhoni did what you asked! He even played 5 bowlers and scored half the team runs in the 1st innings! I think its time to accept the fact that our bowling attack is mediocre at best and no other captain (realistic alternative) would have performed any better (in this test).

I just looked back at the other threads before the first and second tests. Most people on this forum wanted Pankaj to play, more so than Aaron :giggle: http://www.indiancricketfans.com/showthread.php?t=314942&page=8 Well Dhoni did what you asked! He even played 5 bowlers and scored half the team runs in the 1st innings! I think its time to accept the fact that our bowling attack is mediocre at best and no other captain (realistic alternative) would have performed any better (in this test).
Like I said BD fans
So Dhoni as a captain is doing well because he's done exactly what a majority of the forummers asked? Amazing. Forget the fact that unlike forummers who can only speculate and know next to nothing about the players and their form in the nets, Dhoni is an obscenely well paid professional with an army of support staff. Result s are the only thing he's going to be judged by and he's been shockingly abysmal, immeasurably worse than Indian teams that toured abroad in the 90s. Anyone who has watched Aaron bowl in this match is going to question on what basis did Pankaj debut before him. Does Dhoni care at all about how players are faring in the nets or is he picking players on a basis other than their merit? I am far from a Dhoni baiter like many on this site but he's been such a disappointment since 2011. He simply does not have a feel for the rhythm of test cricket and that's why he lets initiative slip away so easily. Really disappointing how often India start going through the motion at the slightest of setback. No decent leader can allow this but Dhoni keeps doing this without accountability.
Well it is forummers asking for Dhoni to be sacked and not paid professionals (selectors), so it is only apt to use examples from the same context. By form in the nets, you are assuming that these bowlers (and batsmen) carry their nets form into test matches. That is a very naive assumption to make. We do not know on what basis Dhoni has been making his decisions around team selection, but it seems like there is always a reason to criticise him regardless of what he does. Now that Pankaj has failed, obviously Pandey (the only guy not to have played) will be our saviour! I'm no fan of Dhoni as a captain, and I do believe he can be overly defensive at times, and is biased towards his cronies (Jadeja, Ishant, Raina for example), but the fact is that the current Indian bowling attack is pretty mediocre to put it mildly. To his credit, Dhoni has tried to maintain some kind of stability by giving chances to these guys, yet none of them bar Bhuvi has been consistent. I honestly believe there is no better alternative to Dhoni as captain at the moment, and until the XI start performing as individuals, overseas team performances will not improve.
Well it is forummers asking for Dhoni to be sacked and not paid professionals (selectors), so it is only apt to use examples from the same context. By form in the nets, you are assuming that these bowlers (and batsmen) carry their nets form into test matches. That is a very naive assumption to make. We do not know on what basis Dhoni has been making his decisions around team selection, but it seems like there is always a reason to criticise him regardless of what he does. Now that Pankaj has failed, obviously Pandey (the only guy not to have played) will be our saviour! I'm no fan of Dhoni as a captain, and I do believe he can be overly defensive at times, and is biased towards his cronies (Jadeja, Ishant, Raina for example), but the fact is that the current Indian bowling attack is pretty mediocre to put it mildly. To his credit, Dhoni has tried to maintain some kind of stability by giving chances to these guys, yet none of them bar Bhuvi has been consistent. I honestly believe there is no better alternative to Dhoni as captain at the moment, and until the XI start performing as individuals, overseas team performances will not improve.
Sorry the time for such argument or excuse with dhoni has long gone .There is no way any captain with some self respect would have continued after 0-8 and even worse loss at home where he himself struggled in that period.
Sorry the time for such argument or excuse with dhoni has long gone .There is no way any captain with some self respect would have continued after 0-8 and even worse loss at home where he himself struggled in that period.
Dhoni has no self respect. He is hanging in to his test captaincy because of his endorsements.
You can't be serious. Yes we can go back and debate history to death, but let's talk about now, today! You can't fire a captain for failures of 3 years ago when he's just delivered one of the greatest overseas wins India has witnessed in recent history. For the record, I was all for sacking Dhoni after 0-8, but what's done is done, it can't be changed.
when you have great bowling attack like Aussies in 2000s or WI in 1980s ,you dont need a captain every time any bowler took the ball he would be getting the wickets. You need a captain to be creative as well as innovative when resources are thin, in Odis you could out slug other team.but in tests you need plans according to cricinfo this guy detests long term planning Dhobi as longest serving captain as zero long term impact as a captain, all this moron has done is ride on batting strength in home matches. Dhoni's obsession with keeping things simple, not planning too far ahead, not taking complete charge because it brings extra pressure This kind of attitude has destroyed the very fabric of indian cricket, the newcomers have shown aptitude and attitude to fight but this guy throws in the towel at first moment of adversity by going defensive.
when you have great bowling attack like Aussies in 2000s or WI in 1980s ,you dont need a captain every time any bowler took the ball he would be getting the wickets. You need a captain to be creative as well as innovative when resources are thin, in Odis you could out slug other team.but in tests you need plans according to cricinfo this guy detests long term planning Dhobi as longest serving captain as zero long term impact as a captain, all this moron has done is ride on batting strength in home matches. Dhoni's obsession with keeping things simple, not planning too far ahead, not taking complete charge because it brings extra pressure This kind of attitude has destroyed the very fabric of indian cricket, the newcomers have shown aptitude and attitude to fight but this guy throws in the towel at first moment of adversity by going defensive.
I agree with almost all of your points. As I said, I'm not a big fan of Dhoni's captaincy. But I'm not sure his captaincy is the difference between victory and defeat.
I think Dhoni did pretty well here. What he lacks is identitying right guys for overseas conditions.
This test he had no choice, all his selections were futile, jadeja and nohit were no shows last test. Shami was a no show for whole series.so how can he get credit for doing the most obvious thing.
I this test he is okay. But last test including Rohit I can never forgive.
Yup we cant really blame him for selections when we dont have a clear idea of who selects the playing XI? him or the fat ass. What we can blame him is for what he does on the field. He hasn't done that much wrong this test. Not his fault Pankaj Singh has been abysmal this test.
I agree with almost all of your points. As I said' date=' I'm not a big fan of Dhoni's captaincy. But I'm not sure his captaincy is the difference between victory and defeat.[/quote'] Who said it has to be difference. Rome is not built in one day, you change the attitude first and slowly you build for future. Unless you embrace change and be on right path how will you succeed. Doing the same thing again and again but expecting different results is insanity that is the mantra of dhoni. He did change for one match and it showed results. you may not win every match nobody expects that but this fricking guy gives up things so easily without any hint of fight. As Steve Waugh said in order to win you risk losing sometimes, he is not winning by doing what he has done it is very plain for everyone so why not change, what more can any captain ask this guy has been a captain without winning one match for 3 years.