Zak,RPS & Bhajji Rested for the Last ODI !

Dirty_South

India and Pakistan teams have reached Jaipur, the Pink City of India, to play the final ODI of the series in different moods. While India are a happy side, after winning the ODI series against Pakistan at home after 24 years, Pakistan looks dejected after the two consecutive losses. Having already won the series, India have decided to test their bench strength. Zaheer Khan, RP Singh and Harbhajan Singh will be rested for the final ODI. Uttar Pradesh's Praveen Kumar, who was picked after his impressive performance in the recent Challenger Trophy, can look forward to making his debut. Rohit Sharma and Sreesanth are also likely to play in the final ODI. cricbuzz. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hmmm...I thought SG wud also sit out but it looks like he's gonna play :cry_smile: ...stooopid selectors :sad_smile:

Every site says different This is on Cricinfo Teams India: 1 Sachin Tendulkar, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Virender Sehwag, 4 Yuvraj Singh, 5 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt and wk), 6 Robin Uthappa, 7 Rohit Sharma, 8 Irfan Pathan, 9 Praveen Kumar, 10 Murali Kartik, 11 Sreesanth. Pakistan: 1 Salman Butt, 2 Shoaib Malik (capt), 3 Younis Khan, 4 Mohammad Yousuf, 5 Misbah-ul-Haq, 6 Shahid Afridi, 7 Kamran Akmal, 8 Sohail Tanvir, 9 Rao Iftikhar Anjum, 10 Shoaib Akhtar, 11 Umar Gul.

How can Ganguly NOT play ? It doesnt make sense at all. You want your opener who is short of runs to play a dead-rubber , unless of course he has fitness concerns. Resting Zak,RP and Bhajji makes perfect logic. Bowlers who have all played 4 matches so far , do need a break before the test series. So they go out and in come Sree , Praveen Kumar and Karthik ( who has already played some matches) Pakistan will be desperate to rest Shoaib. I think they probably wouldnt want to take a chance with Shoaib for a dead-rubber. All this talk of moral victory is all bull-sh!t. They have a lot more to lose by playing Shoaib in this match , than they have to gain from it. My money is on Shoaib being rested and they will play Gul, Tanveer, Ifthikar.

I don't care who rests/plays. All i want to see is Praveen Kumar play. Bhaiya's (UP) had this huge parade for Kumar saheb as he got selected in the indian squad. lets see how this lad flares. Oh and one more thing that I'd like to happen/see is India win this 5th ODI... so our overall record vs pak will be 44-65 :dance: