US Open - 2014

bones

Murray needs to work on his fitness and game in the off season. He is just not the same player this year. I would be surprised if he beats Tsonga to reach QF.
yeah,he was struggling badly against haas.with such poor fitness and mentally shot this year,murray's chances look gloomy

yeah' date='he was struggling badly against haas.with such poor fitness and mentally shot this year,murray's chances look gloomy[/quote'] It can happen when you struggle with something. Look at Federer last year. How poor he was. Contrary to popular belief that Nadal starts performing well immediately after a break, look at his performances in 2009 after he took that break. He did not beat any top 10 player for several months. So Murray needs to work on his fitness in the off season like Federer did last Dec.

BTW Borna Coric could be the youngster we all are waiting for. I have heard a lot about him already. He beat Rosol in straight sets and the kid is only 17.
:two_thumbs_up: How about his playing style?Can u compare his style with any of the top guys in ATP?

Interesting article in NYT. They surveyed top coaches, players and analysts at the US open and came up with this list for best strokes. Quite interesting. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/25/sports/tennis/us-open-2014-novak-djokovic-roger-federer-and-john-isner-among-best-tennis-strokes.html
Leander Paes has been voted as best volleyer. Wow..didn't know he has so much recognition for his volley skills. TFS

So far it's a bit of a drab US Open, not because of the matches, but the feel isn't the same as it was last year. Not having DelPo and especially Nadal just doesn't make it as exciting for me. Anyways from what I've seen, it looks like Novak has got his s**t together again and Murray has sorted out his fitness. Stan continue to make harder work of his matches than he should. Fed's ridiculously easy draw means he's guaranteed to coast through. I don't know if you guys saw it on Sky Sports, but after the Novak match Boris came in and gave a wonderful interview/discussion about all sorts. He knows a lot more than I thought he did and there is a lot of sense to what he says. The biggest thing I took from his interview was, he doesn't believe in the crap idea that Novak shouldn't practise with Nadal, Murray, Fed or other top players. He wants Novak to practise with them, cause it helps Novak and of course it helps his rivals too. But he said, Novak has only been able to practise with Murray as Murray's camp agreed to the offer. Becker said, Novak and Roger had been practising earlier in the day and they were both respectful to each other, but there was absolutely no friendliness. Both did at times eye up what the other was practising. Finally he was asked about practise partners for Novak now that he has Querrey and potentially Isner as well and he said he will need to find big servers to practise with, Rosol and the like. Great great interview with lots of interesting stuff being said.