Who would you have as coach?

G_B_

Again Flemming has a young family and refused. Langer is the only one i can think of. Mahela actually would not be such a bad idea. However he has a poor record outside the subcontinent as a batsman. I doubt he would be a major asset in over coming India's perenial weakness. If Sangakara does retire on the other hand I for one would be glad to see him as our coach.

Again Flemming has a young family and refused. Langer is the only one i can think of. Mahela actually would not be such a bad idea. However he has a poor record outside the subcontinent as a batsman. I doubt he would be a major asset in over coming India's perenial weakness. If Sangakara does retire on the other hand I for one would be glad to see him as our coach.
Langer then.

Obviously its going to be post 2015 WC. Regardless of the outcome Fletcher is going to call time and retire from coaching in general. Might coach Zim for free. I think it was one of his objectives based on his biography. Enjoy the last 6-7 months of Duncan. I think him and his team have filled their coffers nicely. Must be close to 3-4 million USD in a 4 year stint.

can we pry away Lehmann from the Aussies? If not then Meyrick Pringle... I think he was the one that turned around Rajasthan cricket and made them a domestic powerhouse. I have just stopped thinking about domestic coaches since the BCCI is insane and will not consider an Indian for this assignment (read lots of good things about Amre, Bangar). Lol @ those suggesting Sanga and Mahela (the entire indian team has probably abused them to their faces during games). Guys like Dravid and Sanga are good for analytics but I don't see the fire in their personality to be strong leaders.

can we pry away Lehmann from the Aussies? If not then Meyrick Pringle... I think he was the one that turned around Rajasthan cricket and made them a domestic powerhouse. I have just stopped thinking about domestic coaches since the BCCI is insane and will not consider an Indian for this assignment (read lots of good things about Amre, Bangar). Lol @ those suggesting Sanga and Mahela (the entire indian team has probably abused them to their faces during games). Guys like Dravid and Sanga are good for analytics but I don't see the fire in their personality to be strong leaders.
SO? many of them have also played beside them in the IPL. In an era when Bhajji and Symonds can get along i am sure this young Indian team can get along as well.

More than getting along, the key thing is their pedigree (Sanga and Mahela). I know that the BCCI is crazy but even they would not pick someone who just retired test match cricket to come in and straight away become the coach of our national side. All former players that became international coaches had some sort of experience coaching domestic sides in first class cricket before getting a shot at international coaching. Tbh, hiring a coach is a major major decision and should be done after thorough evaluation. In reality, a coach should be able to turn around a side. Why else do other major sports put so much focus on hiring a top-gun coach? Man Utd is expecting Gaal to turn around a stuttering team, each year NFL and NBA teams go crazy disecting the impact of a coaching hire on particular teams. Indian cricket is a bit lacking on that front. There just doesn't seem to be any accountability in the entire Indian cricketing structure atm.

More than getting along, the key thing is their pedigree (Sanga and Mahela). I know that the BCCI is crazy but even they would not pick someone who just retired test match cricket to come in and straight away become the coach of our national side. All former players that became international coaches had some sort of experience coaching domestic sides in first class cricket before getting a shot at international coaching. Tbh, hiring a coach is a major major decision and should be done after thorough evaluation. In reality, a coach should be able to turn around a side. Why else do other major sports put so much focus on hiring a top-gun coach? Man Utd is expecting Gaal to turn around a stuttering team, each year NFL and NBA teams go crazy disecting the impact of a coaching hire on particular teams. Indian cricket is a bit lacking on that front. There just doesn't seem to be any accountability in the entire Indian cricketing structure atm.
what do you think happened with gary kirsten? Though he retired a few years before taking the helm he also had no coaching experience. Rather was running his own academy.