A.rod Close To Deal.

Dhoni's English

After this season A.Rod became a free agent with an opt out clause, so it is with captivating news that he is close to signing a whoping 275 million dollar contract, which will keep him at the shrine for another ten years. This contract will also include a bonus (when) if he breaks the home run record set by the cheat 'Barry Bonds'. last season. Sorry I added 'the cheat' which of course is just media speculation.:giggle: Meanwhile the legendary 'closer' Mariano Rivera has turned down a contract worth 45 million dollars over 3 years. Earlier this week another 'free agent' catcher Jorge Posada accepted a 4 year contract worth 52.4million dollars. Methinks I would like to have given baseball a go If I was from the States.:D

After this season A.Rod became a free agent with an opt out clause, so it is with captivating news that he is close to signing a whoping 275 million dollar contract, which will keep him at the shrine for another ten years. This contract will also include a bonus (when) if he breaks the home run record set by the cheat 'Barry Bonds'. last season. Sorry I added 'the cheat' which of course is just media speculation.:giggle: Meanwhile the legendary 'closer' Mariano Rivera has turned down a contract worth 45 million dollars over 3 years. Earlier this week another 'free agent' catcher Jorge Posada accepted a 4 year contract worth 52.4million dollars. Methinks I would like to have given baseball a go If I was from the States.:D
Aye, some ridiculous money going around in baseball. Ridiculous contracts. I think the Mets and Yankees are valued at approx $1 billion by Forbes. But the real money spinner is the NFL, where teams on average are worth $957 mil. Check this out for info --> http://www.forbes.com/2007/09/13/nfl-team-valuations-biz-07nfl_cz_kb_mo_cs_0913nfl_land.html The Yankees are going down the sh itter. A-Rod to the Dodgers is a possibility, 'cos Torre likes him. Do you watch baseball in England ?

Aye' date=' some ridiculous money going around in baseball. Ridiculous contracts. I think the Mets and Yankees are valued at approx $1 billion by Forbes. But the real money spinner is the NFL, where teams on average are worth $957 mil. Check this out for info --> [url']http://www.forbes.com/2007/09/13/nfl-team-valuations-biz-07nfl_cz_kb_mo_cs_0913nfl_land.html The Yankees are going down the sh itter. A-Rod to the Dodgers is a possibility, 'cos Torre likes him. Do you watch baseball in England ?
Yes we get two live matches a week on terrestial tv whereby we get only cricket highlights on terrestial. BTW The Yankees' record after the all star break was nothing short of tremendous, but in the playoffs our ace pitcher (Chien min Wang) let us down badly. But to say the Yankees are going down the sh tter is very myopic IMO. What about the three ace rookie pitchers we have (Joba Chamberlain, Kennedy and Hughes). BTW the yankees 'farm system led the mlb in win % this season .580, down the sh tter :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

But to say the Yankees are going down the sh tter is very myopic IMO. What about the three ace rookie pitchers we have (Joba Chamberlain' date=' Kennedy and Hughes). BTW the yankees 'farm system led the mlb in win % this season .580, down the sh tter :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:[/quote'] It might be myopic, but bear in mind that you are talking to a Mets fan. In all seriousness, if you aren't there in late October, none of that matters. I am a New Yorker btw, i know the sentiment of Yankee fans...they want the World Series - many of them grew up watching the Yanks win title after title in the late 90's and can't believe that it's been 7 years since they last won the WS. Even my team put up great stats last season (up until Sept. anyway) but it all amounted to nothing in the end.

It might be myopic, but bear in mind that you are talking to a Mets fan. In all seriousness, if you aren't there in late October, none of that matters. I am a New Yorker btw, i know the sentiment of Yankee fans...they want the World Series - many of them grew up watching the Yanks win title after title in the late 90's and can't believe that it's been 7 years since they last won the WS. Even my team put up great stats last season (up until Sept. anyway) but it all amounted to nothing in the end.
You also got a title last year. Biggest chokers :cantstop: We are going to take Galvine from you

Aye' date=' some ridiculous money going around in baseball. Ridiculous contracts. I think the Mets and Yankees are valued at approx $1 billion by Forbes. But the real money spinner is the NFL, where teams on average are worth $957 mil. Check this out for info --> [url']http://www.forbes.com/2007/09/13/nfl-team-valuations-biz-07nfl_cz_kb_mo_cs_0913nfl_land.html The Yankees are going down the sh itter. A-Rod to the Dodgers is a possibility, 'cos Torre likes him. Do you watch baseball in England ?
BTW United lead the way in the 'Forbes sports rich list'. And we still don't spend as much as those clowns down the M62.:hysterical: