Idea for balancing bat and ball

For years,my interest in cricket has been diminishing (it will never die, but its not what it was in the 90s) predominantly because i feel that the balance between bat and ball is lost. I liked the era where pitches were juicy enough and bowlers good enough that 350 first innings score and 275-300 second innings scores were considered excellent performances and run rates were somewhere in the 2.5-3 zone for tests. In the ODIs, 230-250 were even odds of defending for most teams, 270+ was almost certain wins/requiring incredible chases to pull off. For nearly a decade or so (and its still continuing), i feel like cricket is a sport of how badly can the guy with the wooden club beat up the ball or how lucky can the guy hurling the ball can get. And plenty feel the same way. Many a medicine has been prescribed but not worked. here's a thought: Introduce on field headsets between the players and the camp and make pitches juicier. The headsets will inherently favor the fielding team ( you dont want to distract your batsman by constantly talking to them, fielding team can filter out the surplus info much easily and distraction due to talking is not an issue). Therefore, it can go long ways to counter the dominance of the bat and return the sport to a sort of balance.

Why the fuss really when a majority don't care? No point dressing up a patient who cannot live without artificial life support. Let TC live out its last days as it is. Just stop elongating its pain by conducting ridiculous 5 match test series. In our utopian and one-sided quest to be "fair" we stopped having rank turners in our ranji competition and now we don't have a spinner of note to speak of other than probably Ashwin. And still people clamour for "phaast" pitches in our country. Well, nothing pathetic than a 128 kph trundler taking wickets for fun due to assistance from the pitch really. We don't have the inclination, we don't have the resources, and we don't have the interest, why then force us to work for something that's not really worth the effort?

For a century, the bowlers got to bowl to batsmen on uncovered wickets, without any protective gear, bodyline bowling. They had conditions in their favor for a long long time. Now this cricketing era is in favor of batters more often than not. That is the beauty of test cricket, it has given everything for every skilled cricketer since first official test in 1877.

For years,my interest in cricket has been diminishing (it will never die, but its not what it was in the 90s) predominantly because i feel that the balance between bat and ball is lost. I liked the era where pitches were juicy enough and bowlers good enough that 350 first innings score and 275-300 second innings scores were considered excellent performances and run rates were somewhere in the 2.5-3 zone for tests. In the ODIs, 230-250 were even odds of defending for most teams, 270+ was almost certain wins/requiring incredible chases to pull off. For nearly a decade or so (and its still continuing), i feel like cricket is a sport of how badly can the guy with the wooden club beat up the ball or how lucky can the guy hurling the ball can get. And plenty feel the same way. Many a medicine has been prescribed but not worked. here's a thought: Introduce on field headsets between the players and the camp and make pitches juicier. The headsets will inherently favor the fielding team ( you dont want to distract your batsman by constantly talking to them, fielding team can filter out the surplus info much easily and distraction due to talking is not an issue). Therefore, it can go long ways to counter the dominance of the bat and return the sport to a sort of balance.
It must be because you are getting old. Once you start working and get married, you cannot spend as much time watching cricket compared to what you did in 90's while in school.:cantstop: