Jennifer Lawrence, Mary Elizabeth Winstead hacked: How safe are your cloud photos and data? |Note :Don't post links of nude leaked pictures

vvvslaxman

i am sure its not hack in icloud ..i was doubtful even at start because small leak i can understand but to get data of multiple people over period of time i am sure any security apple had implemented would have caught it so its not hack into icloud like there was with play station few years ago that much is clear just they some how got access to personal data..i will wait for some more info to be 100 percent but apple currently should not blame anyone atleast not right now
Not entirely. According to Engadget, the Find My iPhone bug meant it didn't employ bruteforce protection, so a hacker could have a program try many passwords against an iCloud account without getting locked out. http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/report-apple-fixes-bug-that-may-have-allowed-access-to-celebrity-icloud-20140902-10b7jq.html

according to apple it was not the reason
Sure they will not accept it . if they accept it that means no one will use icloud there will loss of revenues. even the brand name will be in trouble. They made good phones but not secure ones. I am waiting for a marketing ad from samsung or blackberry about security for apple products.

Not entirely. According to Engadget, the Find My iPhone bug meant it didn't employ bruteforce protection, so a hacker could have a program try many passwords against an iCloud account without getting locked out. http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/digital-life-news/report-apple-fixes-bug-that-may-have-allowed-access-to-celebrity-icloud-20140902-10b7jq.html
i understand the nature of this but they probably have system in place and data which would have detected this attack and if not detected then verify no ?
Of course Apple will say that. They're the last company you would expect to admit that there was anything wrong on their end.
Sure they will not accept it . if they accept it that means no one will use icloud there will loss of revenues. even the brand name will be in trouble. They made good phones but not secure ones. I am waiting for a marketing ad from samsung or blackberry about security for apple products.
:cantstop: They all say that
i do not see point of them lying tbh but lets wait and see soon we will know what really happened

Considering the amount of celebrities as they call them (some of them i don't even know) they have targeted .. ( we don't know the non celebrities) the system is highly vulnerable. They mean to say they accessed the cache of every single celebrity's account by simple password hack? Apple managed to shift the blame on "celebrities" which all americans happily do. Going after celebs for everything. But not everyone is turning a blind eye.

next time some one hacks your email account will you say whole gmail got hacked or your account got hacked ? that is the difference here and normally apple does not allows simple passwords or popular passwords and it asks you to have atleast one number or symbol so any brute force attack of this magnitude will take decades even on one account :rofl: now i do not know how many accounts got hacked but i cannot imagine every password being easy to attack so i will wait until further evidence

Of course Apple will say that. They're the last company you would expect to admit that there was anything wrong on their end.
Be careful of those tinted glasses Tim Cook Apologizes for Apple’s Maps https://www.apple.com/letter-from-tim-cook-on-maps/
At Apple, we strive to make world-class products that deliver the best experience possible to our customers. With the launch of our new Maps last week, we fell short on this commitment. We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make Maps better. ... While we’re improving Maps, you can try alternatives by downloading map apps from the App Store like Bing, MapQuest and Waze, or use Google or Nokia maps by going to their websites and creating an icon on your home screen to their web app.

I have never stored anything on the cloud. But if someone stores it in cloud and deletes it almost instantly but it stays in cache? Some one can later access that. I read similar issue an year before in a forum where the video you stream even after you delete gets stored somewhere as other files. very claim of apple is its "simplicity" so that any non computer expert can use. Not many knows about how the data is handled. Frankly they don't need to.

:cantstop: They all say that
They can't lie - tomorrow, if this ends up at their door step the same statement will be used as a strong point of a litigation. Also, in modern day all companies accept security vulnerabilities - new IT laws have ensured that if they don't they stand open to financial liability.

Be careful of those tinted glasses Tim Cook Apologizes for Apple’s Maps https://www.apple.com/letter-from-tim-cook-on-maps/
Apple might have apologized but that was there for every one to see. Comparison of Failure of an App to failure of security is different. I feel we will never get to the bottom of this. They will brush this under carpet.

No need to get so riled up. Here at some level it was apple's mistake but as of now they are not admitting anything.
Not getting riled up, a bit fed up of people making flippant comments. It may or may not be Apple's mistake. What we do know is that Apple has some vulnerabilities - we don't know if they were exploited because some of them didn't exist when the photographs where revealed.

Apple might have apologized but that was there for every one to see. Comparison of Failure of an App to failure of security is different. I feel we will never get to the bottom of this. They will brush this under carpet.
Feds are investigating it, can't brush it under the carpet. Lets not give template comments.

Feds are investigating it' date=' can't brush it under the carpet. Lets not give template comments.[/quote'] thats why i said there is no reason to lie ..because what ever happened will come out soon anyway and it will look really bad if they are actually hacked

Lets a get a grip on two things - hacked accounts and vulnerabilities. Apple (like any other Internet company) has many vulnerabilities and they regularly accept and issue security fixes, patches etc. Generally, accounts are hacked using vulnerabilities but in this case it doesn't look like. It seems to be the same old trick of clever social engineering. To add, Apple hasn't blamed the celebrities either - people are connecting non-existent dots.