'"Yes! I am a woman. I have breasts and a cleavage! You got a problem!!??' says Deepika Padukone on ToI's tweet.

Number

Does anyone else here feel her cleavage is not all that.. you know cleavage. Much being made of nothing really.
she has a flat chest. As i asked before, what cleavage? I have seen her in person i can honestly say, not attracted. Lets not beat around the bush either. The item songs Deepika does in some piss poor film Cocktail i last saw, what exactly is she trying to achieve by doing those? She shakes her ass in that and we are not supposed to look at it cause its sexist? I hate the Toilet of India, but I have to back them on this. Practice what you preach sister. So what somebody looks at her item song in the said film and says "look at that ass" so deepika then goes "Yes i am a woman and yes I have an ass". Bollywood in general are full of phony people. Talk about social responsibility, a family friend tells me none of the big bollywood stars actually pay the taxes they owe the state. Yet they will have the hypocrisy to have a go at those who do the same.

she has a flat chest. As i asked before, what cleavage? I have seen her in person i can honestly say, not attracted. Lets not beat around the bush either. The item songs Deepika does in some piss poor film Cocktail i last saw, what exactly is she trying to achieve by doing those? She shakes her ass in that and we are not supposed to look at it cause its sexist? I hate the Toilet of India, but I have to back them on this. Practice what you preach sister. So what somebody looks at her item song in the said film and says "look at that ass" so deepika then goes "Yes i am a woman and yes I have an ass". Bollywood in general are full of phony people. Talk about social responsibility, a family friend tells me none of the big bollywood stars actually pay the taxes they owe the state. Yet they will have the hypocrisy to have a go at those who do the same.
Most of bollywood runs on black money tax aya kahan se ? Actors get paid very little in white & more in black so no zanzat of taxes.

The difference is ToI and some media outlets or other people focus on it in a creepy kind of way as if they are saying "Oh my god, look at these actresses showing their cleavage like s luts". Even if a woman wears a short dress for instance, its her own choice because it could make her feel good and sexy which is entirely natural. Men wear tight t-shirts showing off their biceps and muscles and nobody has a problem with that. If a woman wears clothes she likes, it doesnt mean she should not be respected. There is a big difference in giving a compliment like saying "You are beautiful" and saying "OMG, LOOK AT DEM TITTIES". I'm not saying you can't think sexual thoughts because its also natural but to say those things out to anybody's face in a crass way will seem rude and hurtful.

The difference is ToI and some media outlets or other people focus on it in a creepy kind of way as if they are saying "Oh my god, look at these actresses showing their cleavage like s luts". Even if a woman wears a short dress for instance, its her own choice because it could make her feel good and sexy which is entirely natural. Men wear tight t-shirts showing off their biceps and muscles and nobody has a problem with that. If a woman wears clothes she likes, it doesnt mean she should not be respected. There is a big difference in giving a compliment like saying "You are beautiful" and saying "OMG, LOOK AT DEM TITTIES". I'm not saying you can't think sexual thoughts because its also natural but to say those things out to anybody's face in a crass way will seem rude and hurtful.
The issue is not just the clothes, you need to look at the holistic picture. These item songs can be classified as (A) Short clothes/revealing clothes (B) What can be described as sensual/vulgar dancing in said clothes © Shouting out (or mimicking) sleazy lyrics mostly about sex. I got no issue with women wearing short clothes. But a combination of the above 3. most people are going to think s-lut. Hell even most other women will think s-lut How about this, Deepika tells all the directors in Bollywood. I wont do any bollywood item songs cause they are sexist. Then maybe she has a leg to stand on. Cause it really is creepy that you parade yourself like that and also wish to be taken seriously as an actress. You ever see Julia Roberts doing item songs in her career?

The issue is not just the clothes, you need to look at the holistic picture. These item songs can be classified as (A) Short clothes/revealing clothes (B) What can be described as sensual/vulgar dancing in said clothes © Shouting out (or mimicking) sleazy lyrics mostly about sex. I got no issue with women wearing short clothes. But a combination of the above 3. most people are going to think s-lut. Hell even most other women will think s-lut How about this, Deepika tells all the directors in Bollywood. I wont do any bollywood item songs cause they are sexist. Then maybe she has a leg to stand on. Cause it really is creepy that you parade yourself like that and also wish to be taken seriously as an actress. You ever see Julia Roberts doing item songs in her career?
As far as I can see, those item numbers are just harmless fun. Its just song, dance with some oomph thrown in. Just because actresses wear sexy dresses, do item numbers or even kiss on screen, they are not s luts. Don't be so judgmental. As far as Julia Roberts not doing item songs, people in America or other countries don't watch them because their sensibility is different so actors don't do them. If people watch them, you can bet you would find more Hollywood actors dancing in a movie. There have been lots of actresses who acted in serious movies who have also acted in dumb comedies and horror movies. It doesnt make them any less of an actress. They just like doing variety of roles and different types of movies. Its also a challenge.

As far as I can see' date= those item numbers are just harmless fun. Its just song, dance with some oomph thrown in. Just because actresses wear sexy dresses, do item numbers or even kiss on screen, they are not s luts. Don't be so judgmental. As far as Julia Roberts not doing item songs, people in America or other countries don't watch them because their sensibility is different so actors don't do them. If people watch them, you can bet you would find her dancing in a movie. There have been lots of actresses who have also acted in dumb comedies and horror movies. It doesnt make them any less of an actress. They just like doing variety of roles and different types of movies. Its also a challenge.
No they are not. Its not nice when your 7 year old niece sings it. That is creepy of the highest order. Its not just her. Most kids now a days sing them. Your telling me Deepika cares young girls singing that? Human beings are judgement. That is a fact. You put an advert out, dont be surprised if somebody answers it. In this case, nobody even called her a ****. Just pointed attention to her cleavage. (non existent in my view but thats a debate for another day) In Hollywood the likes of Megan Fox have taken a stand to being eye candy. If Deepika is offended she can follow suit. The thing about respect is that it needs to be earned. If i turn up at my office with *****y clothes bad personal hygiene. I wont get the respect. Simple as that. No matter how good i am at my job.

No they are not. Its not nice when your 7 year old niece sings it. That is creepy of the highest order. Its not just her. Most kids now a days sing them. Your telling me Deepika cares young girls singing that? Human beings are judgement. That is a fact. You put an advert out, dont be surprised if somebody answers it. In this case, nobody even called her a ****. Just pointed attention to her cleavage. (non existent in my view but thats a debate for another day) In Hollywood the likes of Megan Fox have taken a stand to being eye candy. If Deepika is offended she can follow suit. The thing about respect is that it needs to be earned. If i turn up at my office with *****y clothes bad personal hygiene. I wont get the respect. Simple as that. No matter how good i am at my job.
Well, if you find it creepy then you can avoid when someone is singing them. I bet that kid only sings the song because she finds the tune catchy. What's wrong with that ? Actresses like Megan Fox do only eye candy roles because that's the only type of roles offered to them. If she is offered different roles and if she has the talent and drive to do something different, she would do different roles too. Appearing in an office wearing tacky clothes is quite different from doing an item song because being sexy and having to do sexy moves is a prerequisite for an item song because that's what people want to watch. An actress can be sexy and can also do meaningful roles. A serious actor doesnt have to de-glamourise and look ordinary. An actor who wants to do popular roles, romantic roles can also do dramatic or serious work. There is no rule you have to do only one thing. Lots of actors in Hollywood have done this.

Well, if you find it creepy then you can avoid when someone is singing them. I bet that kid only sings the song because she finds the tune catchy. What's wrong with that ? Actresses like Megan Fox do only eye candy roles because that's the only type of roles offered to them. If she is offered different roles and if she has the talent and drive to do something different, she would do different roles too. Appearing in an office wearing tacky clothes is quite different from doing an item song because being sexy and having to do sexy moves is a prerequisite for an item song because that's what people want to watch. An actress can be sexy and can also do meaningful roles. A serious actor doesnt have to de-glamourise and look ordinary. An actor who wants to do popular roles, romantic roles can also do dramatic or serious work. There is no rule you have to do only one thing. Lots of actors in Hollywood have done this.
Or maybe considering its my niece I can correct her. No doubt the tune is catchy hence they sing it. Does not mean its right especially for her age. The point is if you do these sexy moves then be ready for such tweets (which even deepika can ignore). Its equivalent to working in the swears and then being offended when people point out you stink. You want to parade around as a sex symbol. Get ready for comments on your sexuality. Its like joining the army and complaining about shooting people. Comes with the territory. Now, if TOI called her a s lut then fair enough, that was overboard. They just drew attention to her cleavage or supposed cleavage. All of bollywood is up in arms. wtf? What next these losers have a candle vigil like that do for everything now a days?

Second all of that maan. But i hate TOI even more.

Your analogies are wrong on so many levels.. If I go out to a beach and take out a shirt, I am doing it out of my choice.. and if I am going out to market and someone tears my shirt off, you bet it is not my choice.. someone forcefully made me shirtless. You can not say that Deepika is being Hypocrite for protesting against her Cleavage pics. Jennifer lawrence was naked in one of the movies i think but someone leaked her pics from her mobile or whatever and she rightly felt violated. However, you can not say that she acted in a scene where she was naked so it is ok to leak her naked pics out in public.. Assumptions on Tax fraud can be disputed as well.. but lets not got in there. TOI is known for displaying wardrobe malfunction pics and bra less and panty less pics on front page.. it was about time someone stood up against that.

Your analogies are wrong on so many levels.. If I go out to a beach and take out a shirt, I am doing it out of my choice.. and if I am going out to market and someone tears my shirt off, you bet it is not my choice.. someone forcefully made me shirtless. You can not say that Deepika is being Hypocrite for protesting against her Cleavage pics. Jennifer lawrence was naked in one of the movies i think but someone leaked her pics from her mobile or whatever and she rightly felt violated. However, you can not say that she acted in a scene where she was naked so it is ok to leak her naked pics out in public.. Assumptions on Tax fraud can be disputed as well.. but lets not got in there. TOI is known for displaying wardrobe malfunction pics and bra less and panty less pics on front page.. it was about time someone stood up against that.
can't get you. JL's incident would be a case of invasion of privacy.What privacy of Deepika is invaded here? Again I agree about malfunction and other pics as actresses don't intend.But when you intend to flaunt your cleavage publicly and make money and fame due to that,complaining if someone reports exactly that sounds childish

has somebody pulled deepikas bra off to reveal her cleavage? Where does choice come into this? ITs a comment dude. You make it sound as if TOI raped her. Secondly these were not leaked pics. In the case of Lawrence it was a case of criminally breaking the law.

can't get you. JL's incident would be a case of invasion of privacy.What privacy of Deepika is invaded here? Again I agree about malfunction and other pics as actresses don't intend.But when you intend to flaunt your cleavage publicly and make money and fame due to that,complaining if someone reports exactly that sounds childish
exactly. its like the boy/girl who cried wolf.

I am surprised people don't get this very simple distinction 1) If a person poses for something with the intention of showing something, item songs, even top less photos. It is ok, as it is her will 2) However, if a person wears something and then you focus on her body parts without her intention or permission it is NOT ok Doesn't matter who he/she is. Logic of some people here is like, since a prostitute plies her trade by sex, it is ok for everyone to rape her. Seriously!

can't get you. JL's incident would be a case of invasion of privacy.What privacy of Deepika is invaded here? Again I agree about malfunction and other pics as actresses don't intend. But when you intend to flaunt your cleavage publicly and make money and fame due to that,complaining if someone reports exactly that sounds childish
Replace cleavage with as**/b00bs for JLa case and you have the same scenario.. instead of TOI, you have some bootlagger leaking pics.. The problem is intentions.. TOI's intentions are wrong.. You can't take aways Deepika's right to complain for maligning her name in well known news paper. And she made a sarcastic remark saying "... You got a problem with that?" Because of her stance and support from public, TOI will think twice about putting a see-thru dress pics online. I respect DP for her courage to stand up against a established newspaper. India needs more people like her. Anyways, we have a difference of opinion.. I like those who doesnt go with the flow for the wrong thing.