Team for Third One Day

talksport

Sachin , Dravid Sorry I cannot pen any more :mad: Kumble : I think he shoud be given a run and make him play 10 one days at a stretch to see if he can hit his old form of one days. No point in selecting him and sitting him on the bench. Its the process that matters you W***nker, invest in experience and proven match winner.

Re: Team for Third One Day Similar thoughts here too PK. There are not many choices left but as you said we can only say who deserves the place. Sachin, Rahul, Kumble, Sehwag and Munaf are must. The rest it doesn't matter anyways. Either way they suck.

Re: Team for Third One Day my team for 3rd game: jaffer srt kaif dravid sehwag dhoni mongia harbhajan munaf agarkar zaheer got to give zaheer and jaffer a few games. id love to play pathan, but the batting is looking way to damn brittle and we need a full time bat at 7, and agarkar, munaf are bowling much better than him at the moment. agarkar's terrible finish last match notwithstanding. it kills me not to play kumble, but bhajji is the #1 spinner in ODIs. if pitch is dry and more favorable to kumble rather than a pacer, drop munna and play him.

Re: Team for Third One Day 1. Drop Agarkar. He appears to be playing for you only to switch sides at the last minute. Play SS, atleast he won't switch sides midway. Will either suck all the way or not. 2. Drop Raina. He is a lost cause. Play KKD. Absolutely, positively, can't do worse. 3. Play Kumble instead of Harby who is pretty much useless once we leave our borders. 4. Drop Mongia and play Irfan. An international waste vs one of the top-10 ODI allrounders in the world.

Re: Team for Third One Day yoda don't you agree that Kathick was a rubbish selection as back up batsman, if picked as back up kepper fair enough, but as back up batter? No way! Wish Gambhir, Laxman or even Roa had been picked instead. If such quality had been picked they would have been straight in to team but Kathick! Another raw youngster who will not be ready for this

Re: Team for Third One Day

Karthick is better than Rao for ODIs. Rao simply can't accelerate even if his life depended on it. Gambhir is an opener and a failed one at that. So I donno how to compare them both. VVS obviously is a no brainer.
Could not agree. At lest 10 batsman who are better then Karthick who not in squad. Even his rival Mr Patel is superior batsman.

Re: Team for Third One Day Karthick is just another young pup not ready for this level yet. Need to bring in players of 24 to 28 age group who know their game better, like the aussies do. Why do we never debut players of 27 to 29. The aussies do it all the time and its a roaring success. We put in raw kids with talent but who are not ready yet and unproven even on A tours etc. Karthick is classic case of this just like Raina.

Re: Team for Third One Day dsr, you are probably right. but based on his performance in challengers (which is the main event for ODI selection), he absolutely deserves a chance. don't worry. his rope will be very very short. see my thread on laxman for reasons. :)

Karthick is better than Rao for ODIs. Rao simply can't accelerate even if his life depended on it. Gambhir is an opener and a failed one at that. So I donno how to compare them both. VVS obviously is a no brainer.
Could not agree. At lest 10 batsman who are better then Karthick who not in squad. Even his rival Mr Patel is superior batsman.
I am ok with dropthiv as long as he fields in front of the stumps.

dsr, you are probably right. but based on his performance in challengers (which is the main event for ODI selection), he absolutely deserves a chance. don't worry. his rope will be very very short. see my thread on laxman for reasons. :)
I have nothing against Karthick, I believe he has talent. Just way to early for him, his game has not developed enough yet. If based on challenger then Gambhir must be in. He is of the right age as well. As he has gone away and worked on his game since playing for India. He has improved and discovered his game more. He will be more ready now. This is the point we rush to give debut then when they go away to FC cricket, improve, work hard, dicover better technique and start being prolific and effective we don't give them the chance to show themselves at a more muture age. An age when they will be more ready to perform. Look at Laxmzn was dropped, then went away scored loads of runs and came back in 2001. Look what happened then. Instead of bringing back the more refined Gambhir we go for another raw youngster who is not ready and may well be ruined by the experience. Look at the article on badrinath on cricinfo, on how his game has developed over the years. He is now 26 and has started to fully understand his game and the best way to play.

Re: Team for Third One Day Wouldn't you want to play Anil Kumble Gambo? What's the point in taking someone as experienced as Anil Kumble and not play him? If India lose this game they have no hopes of winning the series. Shouldn't India use one of their most experienced bowler in such a situation?

Re: Team for Third One Day Fair enough Harbhajan had an off day and am not saying drop him but am saying play Anil Kumble. Whether the pitch is bouncy or not Kumble can be effective. If there is bounce and pace Kumble will be that much more effective. South Africa are playing full pace attack and it is reaping profits. India I think should use the spinners and reap the benefit. We all know how well they play the spinners. I would play Pathan in Mongia or Raina's place. Munaf and Agarkar/Zaheer can be played. Kumble can replace one of Agarkar/Zaheer. At times you have to adapt horses for courses.

Re: Team for Third One Day 5 bowlers? Ravi, that is suicide. We need to bat deep and Pathan has to play so that we can atleast lay claim to have 8 "batsmen". RSA will prepare pitches like these for every single game and we are going to need every single run we can get. As I mentioned, I think our bowling is fine. Munaf,Zaheer,Bhajji and Pathan can get 7-8 wickets amongst them consistently. Now let's hope the batsmen remember how to bat.