Stand Up for Ambati Rayudu-Thread

maniac

Why is this guy getting so much hate :hmmmm: Averages nearly 40.00 :woot: S/R yes is on the lower side but he had to play some tough rebuilding innings-Eg;against Pak in the Asia cup :dontknow: Has 2 back to back 50's in his 2 previous ODI's,one of them being a back to the wall kind of innings :nice: He was denied strike by DHoni,how is it his fault? :banghead: Part of an epic chase in the IPL-so he has the game to play that kind of an innings to help :mi: qualify I think he has good patience and technique against genuine pace.....plays them comfortably.....Attacking pace and losing your wicket is a sign of weakness :headshake: Absolutely destroys spinners :yay: He tried to share delicious home made Biryani his mom made with his friends....why the hate :dontknow: I get it...the Biryani was for his boss....now people don't act like hypocrites as if you have never tried to butter your boss no matter how good you are at what you do :finger: The very fact that Dhoni stood up for him,shows what a likeable guy and a team man Rayudu is :two_thumbs_up:...we need more Rayudus to build team spirit for the worldcup :agree:

not even the Telegu Dessam can stand up for this guy...
Has done little wrong in his opportunities so far as I mentioned in the OP.....fringe player anyways until Rohit comes back....There is no Sachin waiting in the wings in domestics....I will bet right now ,most of the names thrown around barring maybe Samson don't inspire any confidence. The only other option seems to be going back to players who are past their prime or TTF's like Yuraj,Sehwag and Uthappa
Too much hate that I agree. He did good in the last five matches or so.But rayudu is mental midget cant handle pressure.
Has done nothing to show that he is mentally fragile....today was an off day but has played rebuilding innings so far....played some pressure knocks in IPL as well. I think he will do well as a backup in Australia and more reliable than some of the apparent domestic Sachins we seem to have waiting in the wings according to ICFr's
Guest PrancingHorse

I agree with OP. Most of his innings came in pressure situations, he does his job well. Decent fielder and can chuck and get some valuable wickets at times. Still he needs to improve more and more .. We have better players who fits in the #4 slot though