The Android Thread

StriKe

G2 is better phone but with not as good software and there might be lag even with more power But it has much batter camera ,battery and imo one of best screens I have seen but software side was little bit of mess when it released don't know about now Just use it in store about moto g it has stock android like software and for normal day to day use even I can live with it with no problem
Didn't find any good deals on Moto G. Ended up getting the G2. Haven't had a chance to test it out. If the s/w is really poor, I'll probably just flash a better Rom on it.

Didn't find any good deals on Moto G. Ended up getting the G2. Haven't had a chance to test it out. If the s/w is really poor, I'll probably just flash a better Rom on it.
It is so powerful that even that software is useable but design is eye sore to me but others like it ...I have heard they have improved a lot with G3 so hopeful this also got updated :two_thumbs_up: This is better phone in every way other than software and that is subjective too so don't worry about it
^Moto G2 is running Stock android so you don't have to worry about it :)
No he is talking about lg g2 not moto g

Looking to buy moto x sec gen. tehy have a dicount of 150 today. they have these bands supported. GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS), 1900, 2100 MHz) 4G LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17) will this work in india ? I am planning on gifting it. They mostly use airtel. they above is for AT & T.

^ It is easy to check what works in India. Got to Apple website and check the LTE bands for iPhone. I know it's an irony but easy to check it. In any case' date= there's no LTE in India :P http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/ For GSM, everything's standard and are available on the Internet. You can also ask someone from India to find his model number etc.
link airtel is the 1st and only service provider to launch 4G in India and you will be happy to know that airtel 4G is launched in Kolkata, Bengaluru, Pune, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Hoshiarpur, Patiala, Nagpur & Nasik. This is just for Airtel

link airtel is the 1st and only service provider to launch 4G in India and you will be happy to know that airtel 4G is launched in Kolkata, Bengaluru, Pune, Chandigarh, Mohali, Panchkula, Ludhiana, Jalandhar, Amritsar, Kapurthala, Phagwara, Hoshiarpur, Patiala, Nagpur & Nasik. This is just for Airtel
t wasn’t until October 2010 that the ITU-R completed an assessment of six candidates to be considered true 4G technologies. After much deliberation, LTE-Advanced and WirelessMAN-Advanced were designated IMT-Advanced compliant technologies, and the age of real 4G began. LTE-Advanced is the technology that we are going to see in western markets, so here’s a little rundown of what makes LTE-A so special. Firstly, it’s important to know that LTE-A isn’t just about handset download speeds, there’s a big push to make improvements to infrastructure in order to achieve these high download rates. LTE-A aims to improve data speeds by using a mix of traditional macro cells and vastly improved small cells. The aim is to offer better high speed coverage at the network’s edge and more bandwidth, but the transmitters will have to function on different frequency bands in order to avoid interference.
4G and LTE are different. http://www.androidauthority.com/4g-vs-lte-274882/ nvm. I thought airtel was using older 4g. Looks tehy do use LTE.

4G and LTE are different. http://www.androidauthority.com/4g-vs-lte-274882/ nvm. I thought airtel was using older 4g. Looks tehy do use LTE.
4G & LTE are interchangeably used.. the other candidates for 4G like Wimax are dead. Even in LTE, most countries are opting for LTE-TDD than LTE-FDD for spectrum issues. India uses LTE-TDD and right now only Airtel is offering it in select places. Wait for the Reliance launch & you will see a lot of action in this space LTE-Advanced will not be launched for another 3 years... the chipsets themseleves are far from any certification:winky:

Looking to buy moto x sec gen. tehy have a dicount of 150 today. they have these bands supported. GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz) UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS), 1900, 2100 MHz) 4G LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17) will this work in india ? I am planning on gifting it. They mostly use airtel. they above is for AT & T.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks#Asia Check this.. airtel works on 2300MHz band/band-40

Finally Got the MotoX 2014 . with 150 off. Customized for teak wood finish and white front. It came to 400 with taxes. So looks like lollipop unlocked a few bands on the pure version. I bought ATT version first then cancelled it and got the pure version which has stock version of Andriod and might need the 2 months certification like the ATT version for updates.

if any one is looking for nexus 6 please d try oneplusone before to me it looks like better device because of longer battery life and lot cheaper price :hmmm:
Heard online they were giving refurb models for new purchases. lot of people were not happy about it.

Finally Got the MotoX 2014 . with 150 off. Customized for teak wood finish and white front. It came to 400 with taxes. So looks like lollipop unlocked a few bands on the pure version. I bought ATT version first then cancelled it and got the pure version which has stock version of Andriod and might need the 2 months certification like the ATT version for updates.
Wow, that's expensive. I got the iPhone 5S for 480 - unlocked.

Wow' date=' that's expensive. I got the iPhone 5S for 480 - unlocked.[/quote'] it actually is not and imo its good deal to get at 400 i am using it currently and its best phone i ever used and best part is it does phone part well feels like i am talking on landline :) also compare it to iphone 6 not 5s which is last year model ..you can get last year x at 18k even in india

Heard online they were giving refurb models for new purchases. lot of people were not happy about it.
Wow ...just stay away from them...if anything phone is awesome and if you get good one you got best deal of year but chances of that are less Ganesh got lucky and got great phone and it works perfectly :two_thumbs_up: