The Android Thread

StriKe

Turning a blind eye to piracy is big thing I don't like about Android, me being a anti-piracy. From apps to music to movies, you can download anything without any problem. That's one of the huge factors why people opt for android. You need not to pay all the time. Apple atleast have a policy that jailbreaking will violate their warranty. After the cassette era, people never bothered buy music covers and albums. Itunes literally revolutionized the digital music system. From an article, the iTunes Store accounts for 75% of the $9.3 billion digital music market and 35% of all recorded music sales. It is a behemoth and it show why most people in entertainment industry use apple. Velu anna can say about app developer's perspective.
Jailbreak does not violate warranty.

Turning a blind eye to piracy is big thing I don't like about Android, me being a anti-piracy. From apps to music to movies, you can download anything without any problem. That's one of the huge factors why people opt for android. You need not to pay all the time. Apple atleast have a policy that jailbreaking will violate their warranty. After the cassette era, people never bothered buy music covers and albums. Itunes literally revolutionized the digital music system. From an article, the iTunes Store accounts for 75% of the $9.3 billion digital music market and 35% of all recorded music sales. It is a behemoth and it show why most people in entertainment industry use apple. Velu anna can say about app developer's perspective.
You don't even have to jailbreak to install pirated apps in iOS now lot of Chinese softwares out there who do that.

Someone I know is looking for a phone for around 17-18k (not Xiaomi or Geonee etc) so I suggested the Moto X (original) - its available for 18k on flipkart/amazon and I think its a really good deal - my reason is that unlike almost all other phones in that range, this one won't lag at all and will get all latest updates and its a really great phone overall. You guys have any other suggestions?

Someone I know is looking for a phone for around 17-18k (not Xiaomi or Geonee etc) so I suggested the Moto X (original) - its available for 18k on flipkart/amazon and I think its a really good deal - my reason is that unlike almost all other phones in that range' date=' this one won't lag at all and will get all latest updates and its a really great phone overall. You guys have any other suggestions?[/quote'] Xperia ZR white is available for 17k. Black is 18500. 1250 rs discount if you use SBI card. This thing is waterproof. http://www.flipkart.com/sony-xperia-zr/p/itmdv6f4wucawthp?pid=MOBDHPF8KY6F9RSV&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=xperia+zr&ref=50cc37b2-2ecb-43ac-833d-db3cb0cd0d72

if you go by looks HTC desire seres has few models in the same price bracket
Xperia ZR white is available for 17k. Black is 18500. 1250 rs discount if you use SBI card. This thing is waterproof. http://www.flipkart.com/sony-xperia-zr/p/itmdv6f4wucawthp?pid=MOBDHPF8KY6F9RSV&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&query=xperia+zr&ref=50cc37b2-2ecb-43ac-833d-db3cb0cd0d72
Thanks. Will look at both.

One more question - please suggest a way to get ONLY the phone numbers from a contact list on an android phone (I mean, in a contact I want only the phone numbers and not name/email etc - and I want this for more than 1000 contacts in someone's contact list so obviously it would take a lot of time to do manually).

The Pin feature on Lollipop is brilliant. You can open an app and just pin it so the person using it can't open anything else - could work great if a kid wants to play games on your phone/tablet and you don't want him to open anything else or maybe someone wants to borrow your phone to make a call or open a website - you just pin that app and he/she can only access that. No need for multi user thing....

The Pin feature on Lollipop is brilliant. You can open an app and just pin it so the person using it can't open anything else - could work great if a kid wants to play games on your phone/tablet and you don't want him to open anything else or maybe someone wants to borrow your phone to make a call or open a website - you just pin that app and he/she can only access that. No need for multi user thing....
Looks like some one is listening to vergecast :giggle:

Looks like some one is listening to vergecast :giggle:
I don't listen to it now - earlier when it was on video I watched it but now its audio only and I always fall asleep if I try to listen to podcasts so I don't listen to podcasts now :hysterical::hysterical: I watch the Android Central podcast :two_thumbs_up:

To the smartphone people in the forum, i have a question, If you keep two smartphones close to each other, do they talk to each other at some level, do they exchange some identification numbers and say hello?
No. They will communicate only if you ask them to perform a function (like transferring something over bluetooth or using hotspot to share internet or using NFC etc).