The turning point of this match

Ram

Nice try. As much as you'd like to big up his wicket, his recent history with Pakistan does not support your conclusion IMO. Turning point was Dravid's wicket followed by Dhoni's. Until then India was ahead. These two wickets ensured India is the one playing catchup.

Tendu in 4th innings is a non-starter ... we desparately need Dravid and Dhoni to come to the party. I really hope they get Laxman at 1 down. He has shown the appetite to play long innings and I think he may be able to provide some much needed solidity up top

Tendu in 4th innings is a non-starter ... we desparately need Dravid and Dhoni to come to the party. I really hope they get Laxman at 1 down. He has shown the appetite to play long innings and I think he may be able to provide some much needed solidity up top
Nice try. As much as you'd like to big up his wicket' date=' his recent history with Pakistan does not support your conclusion IMO. Turning point was Dravid's wicket followed by Dhoni's. Until then India was ahead. These two wickets ensured India is the one playing catchup.[/quote'] Now will you two say something?? What was the turning point of the match? And Bumper I can understand about Dhoni's dismissal but how was Dravid's dismissal in the 1st inning the turning point?

If you count non-dismissal's Sami's plumb LBW of Kumble in the first innings at 142/8 would have been too. They stitched a 97 run partnership after that. I agree with MP. When Pak had driven home the adv with a huge opening partnership. The wkts of Younis, Yousuf and Malik were crucial for the win. Malik was unlucky for the ball to get a inside edge, half volleyed on the boot to hit the stumps. Harbhajan was not deserving of Malik's wkt. Anyway, Chasing 203 without any hiccups...I am pretty happy with Big3 for this win...Ofcourse there is Kumble and his bowlers too. Total team effort.

Now will you two say something?? What was the turning point of the match? And Bumper I can understand about Dhoni's dismissal but how was Dravid's dismissal in the 1st inning the turning point?
Until Dravid left, Pakistani side was just excited but never felt on top. Dravid's departure meant that it was India which was under the pump. I really believed Dravid was one batsman who would be difficult to dislodge by just the pace of Akhtar. It takes prodigious movement to get rid of him. Tanvir of all people produced that. But fortunately Dhoni & Laxman made up for it. To me looking at all 5 days, I'd say the turning points were: 1) Dhoni's dismissal (If he carried on for 20 more overs, Pakistan would have been looking at a deficit of 125) 2) YK & MoYo's wickets (Thats when India wrested the match back) 3) Dravid's let off against Sami (Could have made us sweat for the chase)
Until Dravid left, Pakistani side was just excited but never felt on top. Dravid's departure meant that it was India which was under the pump. I really believed Dravid was one batsman who would be difficult to dislodge by just the pace of Akhtar. It takes prodigious movement to get rid of him. Tanvir of all people produced that. But fortunately Dhoni & Laxman made up for it. To me looking at all 5 days, I'd say the turning points were: 1) Dhoni's dismissal (If he carried on for 20 more overs, Pakistan would have been looking at a deficit of 125) 2) YK & MoYo's wickets (Thats when India wrested the match back) 3) Dravid's let off against Sami (Could have made us sweat for the chase)
Kaneria's fall down to earth while appealing is also a notable turning point... from that point onwards, he was never at his best, he never had appealed later... :P