2014 World Chess Championship carlsen-anand

FischerTal

After the humiliation Anand had last time with Carlsen, I would rather have Anand retired. However, Anand came out as best of challengers again, so good luck to him. Just a little worried that there is/was no one even close to Carlsen ( who is a genius )
Maybe there was pressure to defend title last time. He wont be playing at home(in india) this time. may actually work out better for him..i dont know

After the humiliation Anand had last time with Carlsen, I would rather have Anand retired. However, Anand came out as best of challengers again, so good luck to him. Just a little worried that there is/was no one even close to Carlsen ( who is a genius )
Yeah.. I don't see Anand, or for that matter any contemporary player, challenging carlsen. He is right in the league of Gary kaspariv.

Some info for people interested ( consolidated from various websites ) The 2014 World Chess Championship will be a clash between defending champion Magnus Carlsen and the challenger Viswanathan Anand in Sochi, Russia. The event will be held from 7 November to 28 November. World's most powerful man Putin and Indian PM Narendra Modi have wished their players good luck :two_thumbs_up: Worth remembering that last time, Anand was defending champion and Carlsen was the challenger. The championship was held in Chennai and ( for brevity ) Carlsen walked over Anand. As the current world champion, Carlsen automaticall qualified for this years WCC ( World Chess Championship ) Anand had thought not to take part in the Candidates Tournament ( which decides the challenger for this years' WCC ) but his friend Kraamnik insisted he take part. Anand won the tournament comfortably trouncing many Grandmasters and wild card entries :two_thumbs_up: The players that took part in Candidates tournament are as below :- 2013 World Chess Championship Runners Up: Viswanathan Anand, Chess World Cup 2013: Vladimir Kramnik and Dmitry Andreikin FIDE Grand Prix 2012–13: Veselin Topalov and Shakhriyar Mamedyarov The next two highest rated players: Levon Aronian and Sergey Karjakin Wild Card Entry: Peter Svidler The Indian chess Grandmaster lost the world championship title to Carlsen after the Norwegian defeated Anand 6.5-3.5 :(( at the end of Round 10 of the 12 scheduled games in Chennai last year. The victory for Carlsen saw him clinch his first World Chess Championship title at the age of 22. He will be hoping to defend his title this year and win it for the second year in a row and is the firm favourite to win it at Sochi This year's clash between Carlsen and Anand will see the same two opponents face each other in consecutive world championship matches since Garry Kasparov and Karpov last met in 1990. Venue - All the matches will be held at the Olympic Media Center in Sochi, on the Black Sea, next to the main Olympic Stadium. Drawing of colours The draw will be conducted during the opening ceremony and will be reversed in Round 7. (The player getting the white in game 1 shall play game 7 with the black). Time Control The game will be played using the electronic clock approved by the FIDE. Each game will be of 120 minutes for the first 40 moves, 60 minutes for the next 20 moves. From the 61st move, there will be an increment of 30 seconds per move. Point System A player who wins the game will be awarded 1 point and no point will be awarded in case of a defeat. If the game ends in a draw, both players will share half point. Schedule 8 November 2014 Game 1 9 November 2014 Game 2 10 November 2014 Rest day 11 November 2014 Game 3 12 November 2014 Game 4 13 November 2014 Rest day 14 November 2014 Game 5 15 November 2014 Game 6 16 November 2014 Rest day 17 November 2014 Game 7 18 November 2014 Game 8 19 November 2014 Rest day 20 November 2014 Game 9 21 November 2014 Game 10 22 November 2014 Rest day 23 November 2014 Game 11 24 November 2014 Rest day 25 November 2014 Game 12 26 November 2014 Rest day 27 November 2014 Tie-break games ---------------------------------------- The games will start at 15:00 MSK ( Moscow Standard Time ) (UTC+03:00)...In IST it should be 5:30 PM ( Please do your own due diligence...I don't know about anything about day light savings,etc :winky: ) -------------------------------------- Request other Chess enthusiasts to post about good android/iOS apps to follow the games ( Last time I did not follow on mobile but on major chess commentary sites where we Indians got trolled :(( by all )