Kohli at 4 for WC?

bowl_out

What if we are chaasing 300+ ? Can we afford Rohit as opener?
rohit opening in a 300+ chase is recipe for disaster. if all goes well he will boss it and finish the chase in the 40th over with the help of kohli, raina, dhoni but if it doesnt go well, he will end up with a 45 (80) ish innings which will increase the net run rate rohit hit 5 centuries in 125 matches kohli hit 20 centuries in 145 games. kohli maintains the run rate right from the time he enters double digits. rohit tries to play catch-up after he crosses 50. Rohit should comes after the 15th over, where it will be easy for him to rotate strike after field restrictions are removed. when he decides to give punishment, he is as good as raina. also rahane is not all that good at no.4 neither is rayudu
rohit opening in a 300+ chase is recipe for disaster. if all goes well he will boss it and finish the chase in the 40th over with the help of kohli, raina, dhoni but if it doesnt go well, he will end up with a 45 (80) ish innings which will increase the net run rate rohit hit 5 centuries in 125 matches kohli hit 20 centuries in 145 games. kohli maintains the run rate right from the time he enters double digits. rohit tries to play catch-up after he crosses 50. Rohit should comes after the 15th over, where it will be easy for him to rotate strike after field restrictions are removed. when he decides to give punishment, he is as good as raina. also rahane is not all that good at no.4 neither is rayudu
Dravid has 12 centuries in 344 matches, Yuvraj 13 in 293. Rohit batted at 4-5-6 for first 86 matches of his career and 2 100s averaging 30, now he has 3 100s in just one year since opening, also averaging 53. Kohli is a different animal. You cannot compare everyone to him. Even SRT did not have such stats in such a short time.
Dravid has 12 centuries in 344 matches, Yuvraj 13 in 293. Rohit batted at 4-5-6 for first 86 matches of his career and 2 100s averaging 30, now he has 3 100s in just one year since opening, also averaging 53. Kohli is a different animal. You cannot compare everyone to him. Even SRT did not have such stats in such a short time.
i did not use the century statistic as a measure for success. i used it to show how many times, he played in full flow. you can take a random 50 from dhawan and rahane and see them in full flow in these innings. But we cant do the same with rohit. he loosens up after he scores a 50 we all know that when yuvraj, kohli, raina score a 50 then it will be at appx at 100 S/R but for rohit to arrive at 100 S/R normally it is after he crosses a 50. only rarely like in the asia cup game against pak, he starts off with a flyer. his S/R is stagnated in the first 15 overs. Like in the last game, normally he tries to get off the shackles using risky shots. This is so unlike rahane and dhawan who maintain a good S/R with singles and well placed 4s. i feel that rohit is not a natural with quick singles the way gambhir, sehwag, rahane, dhawan are. so i feel he should be kept at no.4 where he will find gaps right from the time he comes to the crease.
i did not use the century statistic as a measure for success. i used it to show how many times, he played in full flow. you can take a random 50 from dhawan and rahane and see them in full flow in these innings. But we cant do the same with rohit. he loosens up after he scores a 50 we all know that when yuvraj, kohli, raina score a 50 then it will be at appx at 100 S/R but for rohit to arrive at 100 S/R normally it is after he crosses a 50. only rarely like in the asia cup game against pak, he starts off with a flyer. his S/R is stagnated in the first 15 overs. Like in the last game, normally he tries to get off the shackles using risky shots. This is so unlike rahane and dhawan who maintain a good S/R with singles and well placed 4s. i feel that rohit is not a natural with quick singles the way gambhir, sehwag, rahane, dhawan are. so i feel he should be kept at no.4 where he will find gaps right from the time he comes to the crease.
Kohli too mostly bats at 75-80 SR at the start. That is why he scores big as he plays risk-free cricket. Yuvraj, Raina does not open. Rahane has a career SR less than Rohit, so that does no stand. Dhawan also does not rotate the strike that well. He also deals in boundaries. I don't mind Rohit batting like this because of 2 new balls.
Kohli too mostly bats at 75-80 SR at the start. That is why he scores big as he plays risk-free cricket. Yuvraj' date=' Raina does not open. Rahane has a career SR less than Rohit, so that does no stand. Dhawan also does not rotate the strike that well. He also deals in boundaries. I don't mind Rohit batting like this because of 2 new balls.[/quote'] we also need a hitter of yuvraj calibre down the order apart from raina if rohit comes at no.4 we will have a solid middle-lower middle for the WC rayudu and rahane are simple not good enough so even if the team mgmt thinks like you and say that rohit>rahane as openers, still they need to address the issue of an extra hitter needed at no.4
we also need a hitter of yuvraj calibre down the order apart from raina if rohit comes at no.4 we will have a solid middle-lower middle for the WC rayudu and rahane are simple not good enough so even if the team mgmt thinks like you and say that rohit>rahane as openers, still they need to address the issue of an extra hitter needed at no.4
Thing is his best has come while opening. In middle order, he was poor. I will play Kohli 4 and Rahane 3. Kohli has batted at both 3 and 4.
i think you are trolling me. :D i just hope that dhoni doesnt think like this. --- @vvvslaxman where are you bro?
Why Kohli has batted a lot at #4 and has scored a lot of runs too. It will also give him a respite and a chance to bat against older ball than tackling new ball if a wicket falls early. Both have suspect technique against moving ball outside off. Actually, he has batted a lot at 4 because previously we had SRT, Viru, GG taking first 3 spots.
even in the epic scintillating innings by rohit at kolkota, he struggled to rotate strike in the first 15 overs how can you be an opener if you cant rotate strike regularly. even your partner will get affected. if rohit opens, he might hit a 200 once a year but if dhawan - rahane open, its good for the team also rohit cant keep hitting out bowlers over the fence all the time, eventually this is risky strategy whereas rahane and shikar are more timers into the gaps so Dhawan Rahane Kohli Rohit Raina Dhoni Axar Jadeja Yadav Bhuvi Shami
Am not a fan of rahane the odi player, but this team looks like an ideal team. Unfortunate for ashwin,rayudu, mishra,ishant n uthappa. Ashwin could be included for jadeja but axar should be there.