Kaththi

Mariyam

On first glance it looks like your regular Tollywood [Tamil movie - Kollywood] flick: mustachioed slightly overweight hero with a BMI of nearly 30 [ wtf he is 42 and looks like a college student]. A North Indian love interest [samantha is half tamil], who I doubt can differentiate between Telugu and Malayalam [as much difference as there is b/w French and Portugese], flying cars, tacky background score [best BGM, go die] playing at random scenes for dramatic effect. My question here is primarily to the annas and chechis of ICF. I'm :confused:. Should I watch this movie? Why does it have such a high IMDB rating?[movie is alright, but dont go on watching vijay movies, your brain will explode like a pumpkin pie with a cracker inside it. watch ajit and mahesh babu movies instead]
bolded parts :two_thumbs_up:

I prefer off beat Tamil movies these days. These masala junk movies with crappy punch dialogues are waste of time.
name some good tamil movies you saw thesedays bro? madras and arima nambi were nice. but they should have cast some other hero in arima, he is the main negative point there. nepotism rocks. very recently i saw an old tamil movie called Apoorva Raagangal. solid movie.

TBH...I get confused the other way...If UP' date='Bihar,MP,Rajasthan,Chattisgarh all speak hindi, then [b']why are they separate states when we went for linguistic state model? And no...dialect is not an answer...there are many dialects in Telugu and probably Tamil too
and Telangana shouldn't be allowed to separated from Andhra, a telugu speaking state.

name some good tamil movies you saw thesedays bro? madras and arima nambi were nice. but they should have cast some other hero in arima, he is the main negative point there. nepotism rocks. very recently i saw an old tamil movie called Apoorva Raagangal. solid movie.
There are plenty of old movies.. good ones.. Recent times that Vishnu guy starred movie.

It is none of that. They think these languages are similar in the same way say Punjabi and Hindi are. (and Tamil and Malayalam are infact somewhat similar?) Andhra - Telugu, Karnataka - Kannada, Tamil nadu - Tamil, Kerala - Malayalam, This must have been mentioned in school books but I too didnt have a clue till I lived in south India for work. Its actually wrong prioritization in school education. They should make sure you dont pass the class till you dont commit this stuff to memory
Malayalam is closer to sanskrit than tamil. Some of its dialects are no way close to tamil. People just forget that they share taking about millions of people as a subset. Within kerala you'd find n number of very distinct dialects that sometimes a man from the south of kerala might find it hard to keep up with a northern Keralaite. And yet people from North India think tamil and malayalam are same. Just frankly ridiculous.

Come on OK looking these are good looking guys in no way are they less than bollywood actors. if u as a south indian also just accepts the north indian lies. Tollywood has never had a bad looking hero ever. Majority of them are slim. Only Malyalam actors are overweight. Not tamil and Telugu. Even rajnikanth isn't fat. These Northies just keep repeating these false stereotypes and south indians act all apologetic about it instead of refuting those lies.Tamil actors like vikram, surya ajith how are they any lessers in looks than bollywood actors tell me. Way before these khans got abs obessed it was surya and vikram who started the trend. They keep saying that south indian actress are fat. they have a huge pehalwan called sonakshi sinha in their industry and they point fingers at us .. None of our girls are that fat. They will mock at us saying that south indian movies have north indian heroines as if bollywood doesn't have south indian heroines. katrina kaif isn't even indian jaqluene fernandes is from sri lanka and They pass off white girls as indian but all that is okay. Bollwood can take talent from all over india and the world. But god forbid if we south indians do the same. These days their heroes also have mochis arjun singh ranveer singh etc. Don't all indian men have mochis not just southies?? Check what the poster says slightly overweight hero does vijay look overweight!! I am so sure fed up of this racist attitude from northies. Go to any indian forum these northies will start this racist jargon. These people even abuse us on pakistani forums. I remember now why i left icf. One poster started a thread saying balaji is not indian as he is black skinned and the moderator gave a still better explanation that since balaji is from tamil nadu he is black skinned yeah as if kambli from maharashtra is not black skiined or for that even kapil dev. These northies suffer from some form of colour blindness or something. I mean in hyderabad and in usa i have met so many north indians and other indian from different states they look like us only. There may be few differences still they are closer to us racially yet they will claim all kinds of ancestory from iranian to martian and deny being related to us. They don't seem to understand the concept that races have mixed and majority of us will not look like what our ancestors looked like. I mean u guys watch cricket right. Do the spectators in north seem like they are from europe they all look like bollywood right!! They can't even pass off as mexicans ! I am sure now some of the south indians will only tell me that chill all this is in jest. It's really hard u know to keep hearing from the rest of the country that we are ugly when in reality the whole of india excepting extreme north look like us. These people don't even think that it is mean. Ugly because of our skin color. maybe it is okay for u guys but not for me. It is time that we don't take things lying down even if it on internet. Gud Night.
Hehe. Plus kerala has its share of beefcakes. Prithviraj who was made an item boy in aiyya is a superstar in Malayalam. We accommodate not just bodies who can dance but men and women who can emote.

Malayalam is closer to sanskrit than tamil. Some of its dialects are no way close to tamil. People just forget that they share taking about millions of people as a subset. Within kerala you'd find n number of very distinct dialects that sometimes a man from the south of kerala might find it hard to keep up with a northern Keralaite. And yet people from North India think tamil and malayalam are same. Just frankly ridiculous.
Lol, no. They assume Tamil n telugu are similar probably as both start with 'T' , both words have same length and both are languages of neighbouring states. Why would one find it ridiculous? Do you know names of all languages are spoken in say north-east India? Or different dialects of north India?

Malayalam is very easy to learn if u know Tamil .The script is very different but if u know Tamil it isn't hard to understand or learn to speak Malayalam

Lol, no. They assume Tamil n telugu are similar probably as both start with 'T' , both words have same length and both are languages of neighbouring states. Why would one find it ridiculous? Do you know names of all languages are spoken in say north-east India? Or different dialects of north India?
I know the major languages spoken in these states though. And I know it is stupid to equate a Nagaland man to a Manipuri men or a Rajasthani to a Gujrathi. That's basic social studies GK working. and lol, tamil and telugu are totally different languages altogether. I speak tamil fluently but can't make any sense of telugu. Same goes for kannada.

Malayalam is very easy to learn if u know Tamil .The script is very different but if u know Tamil it isn't hard to understand or learn to speak Malayalam
Try mate. The nuances of malayalam are never forte of a tamil speaking person. However, the more "chaste" tamil gets, the more closer it becomes to "chaste" malayalam. Further if I speak kasargode/kannur malayalam or heck malappuram malayalam, and if you are fluent tamil speaker you'll make nothing of it I guarantee.

I know the major languages spoken in these states though. And I know it is stupid to equate a Nagaland man to a Manipuri men or a Rajasthani to a Gujrathi. That's basic social studies GK working.
Let alone mistaking language spoken in Nagaland for some other language, very few people know name of the language spoken there. Nagamese is the language spoken there, and yes it is similar to Assamese. Assam and Nagaland are neighbor states. you find too many things stupid and ridiculous.
and lol, tamil and telugu are totally different languages altogether. I speak tamil fluently but can't make any sense of telugu. Same goes for kannada.
I know that.

Try mate. The nuances of malayalam are never forte of a tamil speaking person. However, the more "chaste" tamil gets, the more closer it becomes to "chaste" malayalam. Further if I speak kasargode/kannur malayalam or heck malappuram malayalam, and if you are fluent tamil speaker you'll make nothing of it I guarantee.
I am only commenting from my personal experience