Srinivasan,Raj Kundra named in IPL scandal report

^ Courts don't decide chargesheets. Moreover' date=' a PIL isn't a criminal suit.[/quote'] The supreme court has extraordinary power under the Indian constitution hence they could appoint a commision to look into this matter and can make the finding into a chargesheet and they can take suo motu cognizance of anything. Secondly Meiyappan is already facing criminal charges. We dont know yet what are the accusations againist Srini and Raman. So dont jump the gun

Mudgal committee clears three players named in Court

The three cricketers whose names were inadvertently taken by Justice TS Thakur in the 2013 IPL corruption case in the Supreme Court on Friday have, in fact, been cleared by the Mudgal committee. It has been confirmed by a reliable source close to the case that the three cricketers were not party to any wrong doing and that their names had been emphatically cleared by the committee report. The names of three current cricketers were taken by Justice Thakur along with those of "non playing" individuals whom the court went on to issue notice to in regard to findings in the report. There was no context or reference made regarding the reasons for naming the cricketers. Within a few minutes, the cricketers' names appeared on Twitter and were picked up and flashed by most television news channels aross India. The court then asked the media present to withhold the names and though the names were removed from screens in a short while, by then had already been in wide circulation. It is understood that the names of the three had cropped up during an incident pertaining to Rajasthan Royals, and upon investigation, the names of the three were cleared without any doubt.
The supreme court has extraordinary power under the Indian constitution hence they could appoint a commision to look into this matter and can make the finding into a chargesheet and they can take suo motu cognizance of anything. Secondly Meiyappan is already facing criminal charges. We dont know yet what are the accusations againist Srini and Raman. So dont jump the gun
Not just the SC but any other court can issue suo moto cognizance. Since that is not being done, this is not a criminal prosecution. It is not me but you who has been overzealous "indictment of players being enough" and "this being a criminal case". ATM, it is not - when it happens we will discuss and see. Since we don't know what the accusations are, it is normal to suggest that "for now" - there is vacuum.
In terms of legal cases' date=' never rely on newspapers - I can give you at least 5 examples on the top of my head in the last 90 days or so where MSM have used clickbait titles.[/quote'] true..... we just need time for this to unfold. We dont even know in what context Srini's name has come up
true..... we just need time for this to unfold. We dont even know in what context Srini's name has come up
Does anyone have a link to the Mugdal report? I can go through it and post my views. I did so last time and told that there was nothing against MS Dhoni. Overzealous posters did say a lot of things but I don't see anything in this report too.