'I have nothing to worry' - Srinivasan

velu

N Srinivasan, the ICC chairman and sidelined BCCI president, is confident that the Mudgal report on the IPL 2013 spot-fixing saga has nothing incriminating against him. The Supreme Court of India had named Srinivasan and three others on Friday in connection with the report, which, the court observed, had suggested several "misdemeanours". Srinivasan - along with IPL COO Sundar Raman, Chennai Super Kings official Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan Royals co-owner Raj Kundra - was given four days to raise objections with any of the findings of the report pertaining to him, as he thought necessary. "The honourable Supreme Court has not said anything against me. I also do not think there is any evidence against me. If there was anything against my report, the order would have been different," Srinivasan told the Mumbai Mirror. "You may see the report. Prima facie, there is not stricture or observation against me. I've nothing to worry." When asked by the BCCI lawyer about whether Srinivasan could contest the BCCI election scheduled for November 20, one of the presiding judges, TS Thakur had said, "We cannot give clarity on whether you can contest or not until this matter is disposed of." 188035.jpg Srinivasan said if the Mudgal report had "found evidence" against him, the court would have reacted differently. "Even if there was 10% of evidence against me, the court would have pointed that out," he said. "I am sure the investigators have not found anything against me." He also reiterated that he cannot be blamed for what Gurunath - who is also his son-in-law - may or may not have done."I am not responsible for anything that others do. If Gurunath has done something, you investigate and take action against him. I can't be held responsible for others' acts."
:bigboss: http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/story/799749.html
After being pushed into a corner by the Supreme Court of India, BCCI chief N Srinivasan has decided to take matters in his own hands. As per the sources, BCCI has appointed former cricketer and current director of Indian cricket team Ravi Shastri as the judge of Supreme Court of India. As the newly-appointed judge, Shastri's responsibilities will include overlooking investigating the spot-fixing scam and giving Srinivasan clean chits. The Supreme Court-appointed Justice Mukul Mudgal panel named Srinivasan, his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan and Rajasthan royals' co-owner Raj Kundra in its report regarding 2013 IPL scam which listed instances of possible 'misdemeanour' and 'conflict of interest' involving them. When asked how BCCI can appoint a judge, a senior official from the board said, "If Supreme Court can intervene in our matters, we can interfere in theirs as well. Anyone who hurts the interest of BCCI or Mr Srinivasan will have to pay the price be it Supreme Court or West Indies cricket Board. We have also ordered the Mudgal committee to step aside and let Shastri committee start the investigation right away." According to the BCCI, Shastri's "magnificent" ability to give clean chits has contributed to his appointment as SC judge. As a member of the BCCI probe panel in 2013, Shastri gave clean chit to Srinivasan. Speaking on his appointment as SC judge, "This is an excellent result; I will take that 9 out of 10 times. I am honored to be a part of the jury and promise to do exactly what the doctor ordered. I ensure that I will fulfill my responsibilities as a judge and if all goes well, clean chits will come out like tracer bullets. This time, only one result will be possible." Meanwhile, Robert Vadra has also decided to follow BCCI's route and has recommended Rahul Gandhi to be appointed as a Supreme Court judge, to which Supreme Court replied, "Are You Serious?".
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/mocktale/BCCI-appoints-Ravi-Shastri-as-SC-judge-to-give-Srinivasan-a-clean-chit/articleshow/45165604.cms
In comments which do not bode well for sidelined BCCI president N. Srinivasan, the Supreme Court on Monday questioned if he can be allowed to return to the Board’s helm of affairs if he gets a clean chit from the Mudgal panel, but his son-in-law and self-proclaimed Chennai Super Kings ‘team principal’ Gurunath Meiyappan is found guilty of betting and spot-fixing in IPL-VI. “There will be no difficulty if there is nothing against Srinivasan and his relative in the report, but what would happen if there are findings against his relative? "Won’t it be improper if there is even a remote suggestion that Srinivasan may have been involved in the cover-up? Does it not affect the image of the game? These are questions of propriety,” said Justice T.S. Thakur, who headed the Bench. The Bench posed this pointed question to Aryama Sundaram and Kapil Sibal, the senior lawyers representing the BCCI and Srinivasan respectively, while adjourning the hearing of the Mudgal report on the involvement of Srinivasan and 12 others in the scam, until November 14, on the grounds that it needed time to study the report. The comments, which virtually put Srinivasan’s fate in the balance, came when Sundaram urged the court to at least have a look at the conclusion of the report pertaining to Srinivasan. Sundaram argued that if Srinivasan has been given a clean chit, he can return to BCCI affairs and participate in the AGM slated for November 20, during which the presidential election will take place. A galaxy of top lawyers represented various parties during the crucial hearing. Besides Sundaram and Sibal, Harish Salve and Nalini Chidambaram (wife of former Union Minister P. Chidambaram) appeared for Aditya Verma, the secretary of the Cricket Association of Bihar which lodged the original petition. Ram Jethmalani’s son Mahesh represented CSK. Heated arguments ensued between Salve and Sibal when the former backed the bench’s view that Srinivasan should not be allowed to come back in the event of Meiyappan being indicted. “The first report had indicted Srinivasan for helping in corruption. Anybody helping in anybody’s corruption is equally guilty,” Salve said. Sibal then shot back and was promptly joined by Sundaram. They said the transcripts never gave an impression that Srinivasan tried to save Meiyappan. But Salve said: “Mudgal panel’s first report clearly says Srinivasan told the panel that his son-in-law had nothing to do with the cricketing affairs of CSK and was a mere cricket enthusiast supporting CSK so he could indulge in betting, while in fact he was the team principal.” Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahome/indianews/article-2829177/Clean-chit-not-save-Srinivasan-SC-says-fate-BCCI-boss-hang-balance-Meiyappan-guilty.html#ixzz3JE7sSusF Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook