Sign in to follow this  
bones

Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour - 2015

After a strange 2014 in terms of slams, it was anything but that in the Masters events and the World Tour Finals. The first bit of good news is that Del Potro is scheduled to return in Brisbane in January. That is great stuff cause the tour is just not the same without the giant from Argentina blasting massive winners with that huge FH he has. Mods can you stick this as the season topic and close the other thread. As always, I've created a promo for the new season. Enjoy. BZc-ZKGhVdI

I know it's not even begun, but I'm already hoping at this stage for one thing more than anything else. Novak to beat Rafa in the final of the French Open. I would sacrifice all the masters and year end #1 for Novak to win RG and beat Nadal en-route.

Hope Novak wins at Roland Garros Hoping for Dimitrov, Nishikori, Raonic and Cilic to be Aus Open semifinalists :yay: Hope Cilic does not prove to be flash in the pan and can add to his one GS- ideally, at Wimby! Hope Kei and Dimitrov can string consistent GS showings too. Surely this is the year the new generation really make their mark

Hope Novak wins at Roland Garros Hoping for Dimitrov, Nishikori, Raonic and Cilic to be Aus Open semifinalists :yay: Hope Cilic does not prove to be flash in the pan and can add to his one GS- ideally, at Wimby! Hope Kei and Dimitrov can string consistent GS showings too. Surely this is the year the new generation really make their mark
My prediction is Nishikori will end in top 3 for year 2015. Federer will drift away eventually. Nadal and Djoko would continue to fight for 1 and 2. Murry will come back in the mix of top 3-4 players.

what about that 17 year old Aussie who had beaten Nadal? Forgot the name.
Nick Krygios is still a long way over in terms of overall game play. Not a strong enough return and fitness is a problem. If he works on his BH, fitness and return game, he has the game to go on and become top 5. Powerful player, just not quite there yet.

Rusty Rafa, but even if fullly fit he would have struggled cause Berrer was playing very well. Something about the low ranked players that Rafa seems to not like, maybe it's the moment they gather when they start pushing him back. Less than two weeks till Aus Open and looks like Delpo is out.

Rusty Rafa, but even if fullly fit he would have struggled cause Berrer was playing very well. Something about the low ranked players that Rafa seems to not like, maybe it's the moment they gather when they start pushing him back.
LOL he played well in the first set and won it 6-1. In set 2 and 3 he had 30 UEs. Anyways, he is down at the moment and it is the perfect time for you and your ilk to kick him. :cantstop:

LOL he played well in the first set and won it 6-1. In set 2 and 3 he had 30 UEs. Anyways' date=' he is down at the moment and it is the perfect time for you and your ilk to kick him. :cantstop:[/quote'] Well of the top guys, Nadal seems to have the most upsets. You rarely see Federer lose to rank 100+ guys or Novak, it just happens to Nadal a lot more. Still think Nadal is a bit rusty.

Well of the top guys' date=' Nadal seems to have the most upsets. You rarely see Federer lose to rank 100+ guys or Novak, it just happens to Nadal a lot more. Still think Nadal is a bit rusty.[/quote'] You mean in the last 6 months? Before that he lost to Rosol and Darcis when he had serious issues with his movement on grass. Do you remember Federer losing to Stakhovsky, Delbonis and Brands etc? Djokovic is in perfect physical shape at the moment. So it is pointless to compare him. Murray struggled the whole last year after his comeback. It is not easy.

Don't expect anything until the clay season. He needs time to get back in shape. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes out in the the first week of the AO.
I honestly see him doing well in all 4, especially French Open and Wimbledon. He looked very good sometimes last year.

I honestly see him doing well in all 4' date=' especially French Open and Wimbledon. He looked very good sometimes last year.[/quote'] Well he is coming back from a surgery and have not had much match practice in nearly 6 months. So he would definitely need time to get back to match fitness. He needs to play small clay tournaments to build it up like he did in 2013. That would happen after the AO. I have no expectations from him at this point. A grand slam is not an ideal way to start your comeback. He needs smaller tournaments, preferably on clay which is easy on his body.

Well he is coming back from a surgery and have not had much match practice in nearly 6 months. So he would definitely need time to get back to match fitness. He needs to play small clay tournaments to build it up like he did in 2013. That would happen after the AO. I have no expectations from him at this point. A grand slam is not an ideal way to start your comeback. He needs smaller tournaments' date=' preferably on clay which is easy on his body.[/quote'] I'm not that avid of a tennis watcher, so I don't know the timings of smaller tournaments. But yes, if most of them are after Australian Open, I wouldn't expect him to do too well there. Although I am sure he has extensively been training on his own as well.

Novak a bit rusty as well, some bad tactics from him vs Karlovic as well, but I suppose like with many of the other big players, if you're going to lose, best to lose in 250 event or even 500 event rather than a Slam.

Looking forward to this season:fight:
If last year was anything to go by, not much to look forward to this year. Novak and Rafa are not as good as they were 2/3 seasons ago. Fed is almost done. The standard of the tennis will drop. Yes new guys will come along, but they won't be anywhere near as good as what we've been lucky enough to see for the last 5 years. 2013 might just be the best season we'll have in a long time.

Novak a bit rusty as well' date=' some bad tactics from him vs Karlovic as well, but I suppose like with many of the other big players, if you're going to lose, best to lose in 250 event or even 500 event rather than a Slam.[/quote'] Novak is not rusty at all. Check his previous two matches. He has always had problems against huge servers like Karlovic or Isner etc, against whom he can't get into his baseline rhythm. In a GS match he would still win but in BO3 they have a good chance of beating him.

Novak has good chance to win slams. Will be interesting to see how Fed plays this season. Hope he wins atleast a slam but looks tough.
I think Novak would win 3 slams this year. AO, RG and USO, Federer would win Wimbledon.

You'd think Novak would be favourite for all slams except RG cause of Rafa. But Novak has underachieved all his career. Hence why I'm not confident of him winning more than 1. I think we may see Nishikori win one, maybe even the AO if he gets on a roll. It would suit his style of play as well. If he can sort out his fitness, he could go on and become a multiple slam winner.

Nadal is going to be fit by the time of RG' date=' and I extremely doubt Novak beating him there.[/quote'] Nadal won't be as unbeatable as in recent years. You can start to see his decline, in fact Novak has declined as well, but perhaps not as much. Neither of these players are anywhere near as good as they were 2/3 years ago. Nadal getting beaten by guys he would never lose to before and that too on clay and far more frequently. Also sooner rather than later his run at RG is going to end, law of averages in sport will eventually catch up to him.

34 year old still rocks
According to Muloghonto it is very suspicious. :giggle: BTW why do you only post when your favorites do well? I did not see you writing a word after Federer lost to Seppi in Australia.

Lol useless tournaments right. Fed is playing great. He is just not consistent the way he was before and hence he gets tested more in grandslam than anywhere but these tournaments aren't useless. Ask Djoker, he wanted to win this badly.

Well it is a 500 event and my immediate reaction after a 500 event win is, it's just a bonus tournament in terms of points and a bit of money, but to top players which Novak and Fed obviously are, it's just another week in the year. Fed played well but it's 3 sets so we'll see what happens in RG. My guess is that if the draw works out Fed might make it to a SF, but if he has to play someone like Nishikori or Berdych, I would pick them to win.

In Delhi Challenger tournament, many INdians are playing off course, Sumit Nagal, India's junior player has beaten one of India's top player Vishnu Vardhan. Sumit is really young and is one of the lucky ones to have been given an opportunity with lot of sponsorships in his early age. This is where Indians have been unlucky as lot of potentially good players never got the luxury. Sumit will now face another top young Indian player Ramkumar Ramathan, who has been around for a decent time now. Sumit for me is the future of Indian tennis and definitely a top 50 future player.

Thats hilarious' date='Federer is one of the best players of all time on fast courts.[/quote'] Let me put it this way. If the Australian Open or the US open courts were as slow as Indian Wells Seppi and Cilic probably would not have beaten Federer. At this stage of his career, Federer needs some extra time against guys who can hit through him. He is more vulnerable on faster courts against lower ranked players. On slower courts his defense is good enough to see him through against those guys. Against the likes of Djokovic, it is the opposite.