Tennis - ATP/WTA Tour - 2015

bones

Guys get ready for this jump now atp Latest ranking puts Yuki at 102. Just few weeks ago je was in 400. Get used to this jump. Yuki is coming to his own. I just hope he stays fit and this guy will be our top 50 player soon. Come on Yuki
huh? he is going to be around 220-230 next week after his future win on sunday...you are talking about live race rankings he has to do well in the coming challengers ramkumar is around 250 but I guess he may stagnate this season after his meteoric rise last year

huh? he is going to be around 220-230 next week after his future win on sunday...you are talking about live race rankings he has to do well in the coming challengers ramkumar is around 250 but I guess he may stagnate this season after his meteoric rise last year
Yes, that is correct. And as stated earlier, Yuki isn't really defending any points so I am sure you are looking at a huge rise in ranking. Remeber he didn't play much tournaments in these months last year so he has everything to gain in next few months. I think he will be in good shape by the time US open series arrive. I remember he played his returning tournament as citi open in Washington DC. I hope he is back here this year as he can really do well here and than in US Open qualies.

Nadal has managed to reach Semi Finals of Monte Carlo but thats where it should end as he has run into Djoko there. Nadal defeated Ferrer in hard fought match and can one believe this was his first win over top 10 player this year. I am sure by FO time Nadal would manage good enough form to compete with Djoko.

Nadal has managed to reach Semi Finals of Monte Carlo but thats where it should end as he has run into Djoko there. Nadal defeated Ferrer in hard fought match and can one believe this was his first win over top 10 player this year. I am sure by FO time Nadal would manage good enough form to compete with Djoko.
Lol you would think Nadal has never won the thing before based on this comment. The only reason why Nadal wins at RG is because it's extremely tough for anyone, even Fed and Nole to keep hitting the ball flat and hard to see it come back way over the net with no pace. Today was a joyous day for tennis I think. The more aggressive player won. Novak was hitting his FH harder and flatter than Nadal and the stats back it up. Nadal was clearing the net by 100cm on average and Novak 66cm, huge difference and just goes to show who is more aggressive. I really hope Novak faces Nadal at RG and beats him there. A win at RG for Novak would be deserved given he's come so close so often. But A win at RG against Rafa just elevates him even more. Come on Novak, win RG.

Nadal will wipe the floor with Djoko,Federer in FO like always. Even a 80% Nadal will stroll to his 10th title there. It is just not about his form, his aura on clay will make others under confident. Kind of like how Kasparov/Carlsen even when they are out of form somehow manage to finish 1st.

Nadal will wipe the floor with Djoko' date='Federer in FO like always. Even a 80% Nadal will stroll to his 10th title there. It is just not about his form, his aura on clay will make others under confident. Kind of like how Kasparov/Carlsen even when they are out of form somehow manage to finish 1st.[/quote'] Yep because finishing 1st in 1 slam mean's you're the best right? Whilst Nadal may go on and win the French, no thanks to his negative and ugly style of tennis, but Novak has already won a slam, won the first 2 masters of the year and reached the final in the third. So Nadal may finish 1st in RG, but he needs to win a heck of lot more to come close to no 1. Also Novak is getting closer and closer, he is closing the gap big time. It's not just Nadal playing badly, Novak is bossing Nadal, so that gap will eventually close. Sooner or later, Nadal's dominance on clay, especially at RG will be over. So don't get to cocky my friend.

Yep because finishing 1st in 1 slam mean's you're the best right? Whilst Nadal may go on and win the French' date= no thanks to his negative and ugly style of tennis, but Novak has already won a slam, won the first 2 masters of the year and reached the final in the third. So Nadal may finish 1st in RG, but he needs to win a heck of lot more to come close to no 1. Also Novak is getting closer and closer, he is closing the gap big time. It's not just Nadal playing badly, Novak is bossing Nadal, so that gap will eventually close. Sooner or later, Nadal's dominance on clay, especially at RG will be over. So don't get to cocky my friend.
Firstly I am a rabid Federer fan but also someone who admires the greatness of Nadal. I don't care who is no 1, only majors matter. Nadal has 14 majors, only 3 adrift of Federer and 6 ahead of Novak. Nobody remembers who the year end no 1 is, only who won how many majors that year, year end Masters also important but nobody remembers that too. In women's tennis that ugly pusher Caroline Wozniacki, mental midget Safina, Jankovic:hysterical: have been no 1s at various points of time. But even Azarenka, Ivanovic, Stosur, Bartoli will always be remembered as much greater players, forget Serena(who BTW never cares about being no 1 in ranking) And no Novak doesn't have it in him to beat Nadal in Rolland Garros, the mental baggage is too heavy. And Federer can't beat Nadal in any of the 4 majors:hysterical:

Lol you would think Nadal has never won the thing before based on this comment. The only reason why Nadal wins at RG is because it's extremely tough for anyone, even Fed and Nole to keep hitting the ball flat and hard to see it come back way over the net with no pace. Today was a joyous day for tennis I think. The more aggressive player won. Novak was hitting his FH harder and flatter than Nadal and the stats back it up. Nadal was clearing the net by 100cm on average and Novak 66cm, huge difference and just goes to show who is more aggressive. I really hope Novak faces Nadal at RG and beats him there. A win at RG for Novak would be deserved given he's come so close so often. But A win at RG against Rafa just elevates him even more. Come on Novak, win RG.
0-6 against Nadal at RG. :hysterical: Nadal has beaten a grand total of ONE top 10 player this year, that was Ferrer yesterday. So it is more about his own level than anything Novak has done. But the signs of improvement are definite. Come RG, Nadal would be ready.

0-6 against Nadal at RG. :hysterical: Nadal has beaten a grand total of ONE top 10 player this year, that was Ferrer yesterday. So it is more about his own level than anything Novak has done. But the signs of improvement are definite. Come RG, Nadal would be ready.
I think Monte Carlo has been the way Nadal would have wanted it to be. Coming into this, he was woefully out of form. Losing to all and sundry. Without a win against a top 10 player from start of the year. But in Monte Carlo, he managed to defeat Ferrer and Isner, two big players and competed okay against Djokovic. It was always going to be impossible to defeat Djokoic here in SF looking at the form Djokovic is in and where Nadal was at the start of tournament. Nadal may have defeated Djokovic six times at RG but I think for RG, Djoko will start favorite ahead of Nadal. He looks to be in ominous form, something what he was in 2011. He has won everything that has been on offer since start of the year, Aus Open and both the masters. Today should be his third one. It's time Djokovic gets the respect he deserves. Though his GS numbers are significantly less then Nadal and Federer, but by all measures he should be considered in same league as Nadal and Federer. All of his GS have come in the field which had Federer and Nadal. If he wins couple of more GS, I'll put him second best of century, just after Nadal.

What about Wimbledon? What about the US Open? What about the WTF at the end of the year (though nowhere near as important)? It's sad really, he should be building his season around all the slams not just 1.

And no Novak doesn't have it in him to beat Nadal in Rolland Garros, the mental baggage is too heavy. And Federer can't beat Nadal in any of the 4 majors:hysterical:
The problem is, Novak is so consistent he gets to so many semi finals and finals all year around. I can't even remember the last slam he didn't get to the later stages. Nadal isn't always there to face him except for the odd occasion by in large they've met mostly at RG. If they had met 6 times at AO do you think Nadal would have won say more than 20% of the meetings? Everyone keeps banging on about this record he has over Novak at RG, it's only because on his favourite surface Novak is very good still. On Novak's favourite surface, Nadal isn't as good. But like I said. Sooner or later that record at RG will come to an end. It might not be this year or next, but within the next 3 seasons at some point father time will catch up to him and he will lose that record.

What about Wimbledon? What about the US Open? What about the WTF at the end of the year (though nowhere near as important)? It's sad really, he should be building his season around all the slams not just 1.
Last time I checked he has as many Wimbledon titles as Novak and one more US open than Novak.

Last time I checked he has as many Wimbledon titles as Novak and one more US open than Novak.
You're missing the point. The last 3 seasons and please don't lie. Hasn't it all been about Nadal being in peak form for RG? Even in 2013 after the miraculous recovery from a 7 month lay off, the build up was for RG, no mention of him playing AO even though he was at some clay event the week after AO completed and reached the final there. Well let's see what happens at RG. Hopefully someone crushes him. Btw do you think his an attractive style of tennis? Even yesterday the stats were so damning. Novak avg net clearance of 67cm, Nadal 100cm. Novak's avg FH speed 5mph fast than Nadal.

Nadal lost in Barcelona as well :(( I don't have any hope from him in French Open now. Djokovic will win it this year which he deserves as well.
Maybe the manner of the loss was bad, he was showing signs of improvement, only to lose to Fognini. I've have learnt my lesson and I think you should stop trying your jinxes. Nadal, whatever the form, whatever his build up will show up at RG. I won't be making the mistake of saying he's done again.

You're missing the point. The last 3 seasons and please don't lie. Hasn't it all been about Nadal being in peak form for RG? Even in 2013 after the miraculous recovery from a 7 month lay off, the build up was for RG, no mention of him playing AO even though he was at some clay event the week after AO completed and reached the final there.
So what is your problem?
Btw do you think his an attractive style of tennis? Even yesterday the stats were so damning. Novak avg net clearance of 67cm, Nadal 100cm. Novak's avg FH speed 5mph fast than Nadal.
Nadal's style is more attractive than Djokovic's robotic style of play IMO. I am yet to see "spectacular" tennis that wows the whole stadium from Djokovic. That is a major reason why despite being so dominant he does not have half as many fans as Nadal, basically negligible fan following outside his region. Let's not even go to Federer. And net clearance has nothing to do with attractiveness. Federer has a much higher net clearance than Murray. Next you would say that Murray is more attractive lol. You only started following tennis from 2011 by your own admission. Don't try to sound like an expert.

Nadal's style is more attractive than Djokovic's robotic style of play IMO. I am yet to see "spectacular" tennis that wows the whole stadium from Djokovic. That is a major reason why despite being so dominant he does not have half as many fans as Nadal' date=' basically negligible fan following outside his region. Let's not even go to Federer. And net clearance has nothing to do with attractiveness. Federer has a much higher net clearance than Murray. Next you would say that Murray is more attractive lol. You only started following tennis from 2011 by your own admission. Don't try to sound like an expert.[/quote'] Federer may have a higher clearance than many other player, but I doub't it's ever been even remotely close to 1m. Nadal was trying to moonball his way out of trouble as he almost always does but it failed big time and Djokovic just kept crushing it cc or dtl. You keep bringing up this statement of me starting to watch tennis in 2011. I think you're selective in your reading. I said I didn't watch tennis with the same enthusiasm or interest as I did when someone finally had the balls to take Nadal and Federer on. For example, i watched the Nadal - Fed match in 2008 and their Miami final that went the distance but almost as a neutral. You probably need to have a favourite player to really get into it deeply. Djokovic doesn't have as many fans as Fed or Nadal, the number of fans counts for ****. It's winning and at the moment he's doing a lot more of it than anyone else. Djokovic's style robotic? He's way way more of an all court player than Nadal. Novak even in matches lost vs Nadal comes in to the net a lot more. He uses the drop shots and volley a heck of a lot more. Almost always and please do have a look at the stats, the UE and winner count will be higher for Novak because he's the one who's more aggressive. Djokovic's style may not appeal to everyone, but there are many of us who enjoy it. Some of the tennis in his matches in crazy good and it ain't just because of his opponent. In the last few years, Novak has been involved in some classics, absolutely memorable matches. vs Del Po at Wimbledon. vs Fed at Wimbledon, US Open. vs Nadal at RG. vs Wawrinka at AO two years running. In all of those matches, Djokovic's all court play was immense.

Federer may have a higher clearance than many other player' date=' but I doub't it's ever been even remotely close to 1m. Nadal was trying to moonball his way out of trouble as he almost always does but it failed big time and Djokovic just kept crushing it cc or dtl.[/quote'] It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubts. Nadal has been getting beat by the likes of Fognini lately so it is not a surprise that Djokovic beat him. Why don't you calm your tits and wait for a GS match. It is still 9-3 in Nadal's favor at GS and he has not lost to Djokovic outside that window of a few months in 2011-12. Nadal might be in a permanent slump, but to read too much into the last match shows your immaturity. As for net clearance, Federer has a very high net clearance, perhaps second only to Nadal among the top players, but you wouldn't know that. maxresdefault.jpg You find Djokovic's game attractive, good for you! I find it robotic, deal with it!

It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubts. Nadal has been getting beat by the likes of Fognini lately so it is not a surprise that Djokovic beat him. Why don't you calm your tits and wait for a GS match. It is still 9-3 in Nadal's favor at GS and he has not lost to Djokovic outside that window of a few months in 2011-12. Nadal might be in a permanent slump, but to read too much into the last match shows your immaturity.
I remember when you spent ages arguing with Mugholunto and I ended up having to ignore you because you just kept copy pasting entire posts and always wanting the final world. You find Djokovic boring, good for you. I don't and those of us who do enjoy his tennis, have been thoroughly entertained these last 6 months. Here is a standard Nadal fan argument. H2H count, if it's not vs Fed it's vs someone else. The H2H means ****. It doesn't count for horse crap. It's slams, slams and ONLY SLAMS. Unfortunately Novak only has 8 in comparison to Nadal's 14. That is what matters, not the H2H. So yes Nadal is a greater player, yes he's achieved more because he's won more slams, but a good year for Novak this year and he'll be hot on Nadal's tails. The other thing with H2H which I don't like is that you need both players to be there if that makes sense. Novak and Roger have been getting to a lot more semis and finals and are less prone to early round exits. So if Novak reaches the semi or final and Nadal isn't there, how can he improve the H2H? 9-3 you say, but 6 of them are at RG. It tell us that Novak is very good on clay, Nadal is much better of course, but Novak has generally been there to face Nadal at his best slam, the same can't be said of Nadal. So H2H means **** and in my opinion I would prefer 1 slam over even a 30-1 H2H record. Nadal fans hold onto it because of the Fed vs Nadal GOAT debate, but that's none existent because remember this and get it through your thick skull. SLAMS ARE ALL THAT MATTER. I'm not reading too much into any recent match, most of us Novak fans aren't reading too much into his wins this year. We all want him to be in prime condition to win RG, which includes skipping the useless Madrid masters if needs be. Also if you read my previous comments, you'll see that I am fully aware of what Nadal is capable of as soon as he steps onto the Philippe Chatrier court.