It's time Ishant gets the respect he deserves(Intl. edition)

maniac

Yes I am drunk-5 beers and counting and no it has not impaired my judgement.....I have said this when I was sober and being drunk gets me pissed off as the guy has been ridiculed...hell even after lords test people didn't count him in their starting line up. The guy is good and time we accepted it....don't get fooled by averages toiling on flat pattas....hell despite the Faulkner assault he has a stellar ODI record. Yes will I pick Steyn or Johnson over Ishant ofcourse but do we have them???? Start backing this guy....everyone does but fans especially on ICF are averse to him....don't get why. Let us cheer for this guy as he has shown he has the cojones and needs to be taken seriosuly

Consider the amount of vitriol Dhoni faced on ICF for sticking with Ishant when in bad form lol Still he is only 26 and already on his 3 Aus tour . So he still has the time on his side to go on to be the bowler he looked on debut .The last year has been great in that regard. Hopefully all the investment come to fruition in the next few years . The pure comedy in ICF was after the series he had in NZL most were against him in the first XI for lords

The sad thing is he has so much potential to be a world class fast bowler but he has not lived up to his talent,I really hope he just builds and builds from last year.His action and seam position are so much better got a hint of swing when no other bowler got.Looking forward to watching him ,he is still young.

He's been living off that 2008 tour for good 6 years now. I think it'll take a lot more show of consistency before people actually start to trust his skills as bowler again.
So what happened to the guy who won a MOS against Aus in 2009...... Man of the series in WI in 2011...I repeat 2011. or the guy who won a test in England after a decade in 2014?????? What do u mean he is living of of that reputation of the ponting spell :hmmmm:
Yes I am drunk-5 beers and counting and no it has not impaired my judgement.....I have said this when I was sober and being drunk gets me pissed off as the guy has been ridiculed...hell even after lords test people didn't count him in their starting line up. The guy is good and time we accepted it....don't get fooled by averages toiling on flat pattas....hell despite the Faulkner assault he has a stellar ODI record. Yes will I pick Steyn or Johnson over Ishant ofcourse but do we have them???? Start backing this guy....everyone does but fans especially on ICF are averse to him....don't get why. Let us cheer for this guy as he has shown he has the cojones and needs to be taken seriosuly
What we must realize is that Ishant has improved this season. He was not the bowler that he is now - even a year back. He has improved from around the NZ tour. This time he has maintained his discipline instead of reverting back to nonsense stuff. He has improved his line, length , wrist action, seam position, swing as well as the frequency of good bouncers. Any player will get respect if he is a consistnt performer and will get cursed if he is indisciplined , inconsistent or foolish in his approach. Ishant is an improved product only recently. Hopefully he will maintain it.
Consider the amount of vitriol Dhoni faced on ICF for sticking with Ishant when in bad form lol Still he is only 26 and already on his 3 Aus tour . So he still has the time on his side to go on to be the bowler he looked on debut .The last year has been great in that regard. Hopefully all the investment come to fruition in the next few years . The pure comedy in ICF was after the series he had in NZL most were against him in the first XI for lords
Bad form? How can you dismiss someone having an average of 37 after 50 test matches to be just going through bad form? He was a poor bowler up till the NZ tour and should have been dropped. Just because he's a slightly improved bowler now doesn't mean that keeping a nonperforming bowler in the team is vindicated.