Test match special's England all-time best ODI XI

Sooda

Graham Gooch Marcus Trescothick Robin Smith Kevin Pietersen Allan Lamb Andrew Flintoff Ian Botham Alec Stewart Darren Gough Bob Willis Derek Underwood Good side. I do think Hick should be there, instead of Smith or Lamb. Botham and Freddie should give the side enough impetus in the slog overs not to need Lamb, although he was a good 'finisher'.

Re: Test match special's England all-time best ODI XI No no. Allan Lamb gets in there easy, he is one of Eng's best ODI players ever. But that looks like it, the best Eng ODI side. This side shows what a poor ODI side England has been for ages. I reckon quite a few ODI teams playing today would beat this side.

Re: Test match special's England all-time best ODI XI Good team but certainly not the best England XI. There is no need for two all-rounders. To be frank there is no need for either of Botham or Flintoff. Good quality all-rounders they both are but in one-dayers they do not have anything fantastic to write home about. Botham was the worst one-day all-rounder amongst four great all-rounders of 80 while Flintoff's exploits are hardly any different to that of Razza, Afridi, Jayasurya etc. I would drop two of them, most definitely one in the least(I would drop Freddie since Botham was a much better bowler in LOI) and bring in Neil Fairbrother. A superb finisher and the best middle order batsman of his time(in one dayers at least). Allan Lamb should be in there and so should Graeme Hick, in whose place though? Maybe its time to drop Botham as well! xxx

Re: Test match special's England all-time best ODI XI Robin smith is supposed to be one of the hardest hitters of the cricket ball and his cover drives are supposed to set the grass on fire.... In late 80s and early 90s, average of 40+ was extremely rare in ODIs and Smith was one of them.... He has also scored some 160 odd as his highest... he is definitely the best bet in the all-time odi 11 along another lovely ODI batter, Lamby(my fave)... infact, under the helmet, both kinda look alike...