Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

The most important one, he is a brave man. He didn't quit when he saw that he has to deal with sharmas all the time. Any other person would have refused to lead a team filled with our phaast boilers.
Our fast bowlers have always been like this. No one refused to captain. You are talking like we were producing ATG fast bowlers before Dhoni.
But everyone was still deeply saddened and enormously respectful for him. I expected better from you thinking of you as a sensible poster.
Here's the thing - I honestly do not have much respect for Dhoni the test player and no respect at all for Dhoni the test captain. He is not a good test batsman and the team has been humiliated in many series' under his captaincy - I cannot respect that and that's what I have said. Maybe you and some others have found my remarks below the belt but I cannot pretend to appreciate him as a test player when I don't respect him. I respect his ODI achievements and will show my appreciation when he retires from that format.
I have a lot to say so here I go 1. I'm glad he took the decision and this way VK will have time and opportunity to gain a little more experience. 2. It's 2 years too late, had it been any other board, 2 whitewashes would have done it 3. I don't think he is really 33 4. He never seemed interested in test cricket The most important one, he is a brave man. He didn't quit when he saw that he has to deal with sharmas all the time. Any other person would have refused to lead a team filled with our phaast boilers.
Who'd have taken over?Sehwag:cantstop:
Here's the thing - I honestly do not have much respect for Dhoni the test player and no respect at all for Dhoni the test captain. He is not a good test batsman and the team has been humiliated in many series' under his captaincy - I cannot respect that and that's what I have said. Maybe you and some others have found my remarks below the belt but I cannot pretend to appreciate him as a test player when I don't respect him. I respect his ODI achievements and will show my appreciation when he retires from that format.
And no one gives a **** about your retarded opinion because from what I know you haven't watched any test in last year.
You are being too harsh. Yes, he was not best test player overseas but still one of the best WK/bat we have ever had and will most probably make our all time test team.
I have a lot to say so here I go 1. I'm glad he took the decision and this way VK will have time and opportunity to gain a little more experience. 2. It's 2 years too late, had it been any other board, 2 whitewashes would have done it 3. I don't think he is really 33 4. He never seemed interested in test cricket The most important one, he is a brave man. He didn't quit when he saw that he has to deal with sharmas all the time. Any other person would have refused to lead a team filled with our phaast boilers.
And replaced by ?Goutham "Come to home" Gambhir ?:cantstop:
Our fast bowlers have always been like this. No one refused to captain. You are talking like we were producing ATG fast bowlers before Dhoni.
Kumble retired and bhajji sucked donkey balls after that. With zaheer being in n out, there was no one there to tell hairy lizard where to bowl. Having said that, he stuck with a lot of failed players for a long time like I Sharma and bhajji so it's not like he did anything to fix the problem either. In all honesty, the guy tried hard, we may disagree with the way he tried but he wanted things to work out.
Its because its retirement day.On this day you either shut up or say good things,even if the guy is Agarkar