Yuvraj likely to replace Ravindra Jadeja in WC squad

bowl_out

Indian all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja is likely to miss out from the upcoming 2015 World Cup following his shoulder injury. It is also believed that discarded southpaw Yuvraj Singh is likely to replace Jadeja in the Indian squad for the coveted tournament. Jadeja, who sustained a shoulder injury ahead of the India-Australia Test series, has been nursing his injury at the new BCCI centre in Chennai under the observation of the cricket body's physiotherapist. However, the reports suggest that the 26-year-old is yet to achieve full fitness in order to return to competitive cricket. The BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel had last month revealed that the left-hander would be out of action for three to four weeks following his shoulder injury. Jadeja was also ruled out of the upcoming Tri-series in Australia, slated to begin from January 16. With the January 7 deadline for announcing the World Cup squad around the corner, Jadeja will have to fight against time if he intends to participate in the tournament. According to the ESPNcricinfo reports, Jadeja should be match-fit by around January 20 if his rehabilitation goes according to plan. Even if Jadeja fails to recover in time for the World Cup, the BCCI can get him replaced on medical grounds. This in turn has allowed a slim hope for discarded senior batsman Yuvraj Singh who has recently found his long-lost form. Yuvraj's recent centuries in the domestic cricket has made him a possible candidate to replace Jadeja in Team India's World Cup squad. The Chandigarh batsman lit up the ongoing season of the Ranji Trophy with three back-to-back centuries. Source : India Today

Jadeja to be picked for world cup. India allrounder*Ravindra Jadeja*is likely to find a place in the World Cup squad, although he has not yet recovered from a shoulder injury that ruled him out of the Tests against Australia. Sanjay Patel, the BCCI secretary had told reporters last month that Jadeja would need "three to four weeks" to recover from his shoulder injury and is unlikely to be fit for the start of the tri-series in Australia, which begins from January 16. Jadeja is currently undergoing rehabilitation at the new BCCI centre in Chennai and is being monitored by the board's physiotherapist, Nitin Patel. The national selectors will be provided with an update on Jadeja's fitness when they meet on January 6 to pick the squad for the tri-series against Australia and England, and the World Cup. The deadline for announcing the World Cup squad is January 7. If Jadeja's rehabilitation goes according to plan, he will be match-fit by around January 20 and could get a chance to prove his fitness during India's last two league games in the tri-series. If Jadeja fails to recover in time, the BCCI can get him replaced in the World Cup squad. According to the World Cup rules, a player can only be replaced on medical grounds. As a result, even if Jadeja does not recover in time for the World Cup after being picked in the squad, he can be replaced if the ICC medical committee is convinced, based on the fitness reports, that the injury will not heal in time for the tournament.

Great great news. People who saying "NO" does not understand cricket much. Yuvraj Singh is a big match player. He was struggling for form going into the 2011 WC as well. Then he goes on to become the MoS. Yes his T'20 WC struggle was one off and I think people must forgive that.
++++
Great great news. People who saying "NO" does not understand cricket much. Yuvraj Singh is a big match player. He was struggling for form going into the 2011 WC as well. Then he goes on to become the MoS. Yes his T'20 WC struggle was one off and I think people must forgive that.
++
He is not international material anymore' date=' he will do good against domestic, but you add bit of class and he will not able to score. [b']I wouldn't mind him trying for tri series, and he proves that he can still make runs easily, then yeah give a chance in WC.
If there is one batsman I want to try out for the tri-series, it is Murali Vijay.... other than that, I will stick to the combination that has been working well for the last 12-15 months
He is not international material anymore' date=' he will do good against domestic, but you add bit of class and he will not able to score. I wouldn't mind him trying for tri series, and he proves that he can still make runs easily, then yeah give a chance in WC.[/quote'] How do you know it for sure......he has played for over 10 years for indian ODI side and destroyed best bowling attacks on his day and won single handedly..... Not sure, what is your basis of your statement... Agree he is not a test material but here we are talking about one day side.... Everyone has to agree that he was not in the best of the form during the T20 world up and moreover he was recuperating/(ed) from life threatening disease. I would fault the selectors for selecting him so early after that operation.....