Why it is legal to shine a ball and illegal to temper it.?

Cricketing laws sometime can be very confusing ,while it is ok for bowlers to shine the one side of the ball using chewing gums and other methods, it is unfair to scratch it using blade on other side how does it justifys..? Considering the hammering bowlers are getting in all the on going test matches i really think icc should make ball tempering leagal.. Your views.?

As long as you are using natural means to alter the condition of the ball it is fine. This might include using saliva or your trousers to shine one side of the ball. Also if the condition of the ball is altered by legitimate means such as banging one side of the ball on the wicket while bowling, it seems fine. But if your introducing external elements such as scissors, blades, trouser zips etc it violates the conduct. Because if we legalize tampering through such methods there will be no end to it. People will come up with new technologies and synthetic liquids to alter the ball defeating the contest.

As long as you are using natural means to alter the condition of the ball it is fine. This might include using saliva or your trousers to shine one side of the ball. Also if the condition of the ball is altered by legitimate means such as banging one side of the ball on the wicket while bowling' date=' it seems fine. But if your introducing external elements such as scissors, blades, trouser zips etc it violates the conduct. Because if we legalize tampering through such methods there will be no end to it. People will come up with new technologies and synthetic liquids to alter the ball defeating the contest.[/quote'] I am sory bro but shining it by rubbing it to thieh is not natural way...
I am sory bro but shining it by rubbing it to thieh is not natural way...
Obviously I dint mean natural in the literal sense. The point is you are not using some artificial chemical agent specifically for altering the ball. Shinning it using the thighs is something that is not going to infringe any boundaries. It is a process that can be carried by the players of both the teams. But if you do it through artificial/external ways you will be losing control over the game and hence the contest. There has to be some common sense to identify the things that are going to cross the limits and hence control of the game