Gunmen attack French magazine Charlie Hebdo - kill 10

diga

I agree with that. But I definitely feel an average Muslim has to do more to dissociate themselves with these elements. It is responsibility of moderate muslims whether they are muslim countries or non-muslim countries to do more to isolate these elements. But unfortunately that doesn't seem to be happening and right wing people are getting more acceptance world over. Look at these articles. http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-europe-raising-its-voice-over-radical-islam-20150107-story.html#page=1 http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/08/us-france-shooting-immigration-idUSKBN0KH1Q320150108

The thing is that PK didn't say that Hinduism is fake. To me it seemed like it was criticising people misusing religion to gain money' date= which can be applied to most religions. In this movie, the religion chosen was Hinduism and it made sense because India has a Hindu majority. As for the cartoons, they are not just cartoons, they were extremely offensive and also the fact that we are not allowed to keep photos / pictures of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). But we have to understand that there are stupid people in every community who make a bad name for their community.
But to criticize, the movie showed our God running around. Come back when Pakistan allows showing misuse of religion using Prophet Mohammad ( who is only a messenger) dancing on roads... then we can move to Pakistan showing God dancing on road to show misuse... Only then we are on even keel.

My point is we shouldn't have allowed even that simple attack against theaters nor against MF Hussain...we don't need to go the Islamic fundamentalist way,.Its because of their intolerance things have reached to a level,that there are rallies and protest to deny immigration for Muslim people.So for their intolerance they are getting what its.Even moderate muslims are called terrorist sympathisers..We should never stoop to that level is what i meant..That has to start from discouraging our extremists. I never claimed that we have reached that level.But we need to stop those tendencies right at the beginning..Forget about Pak,its the state that burned alive two innocnet people using blasphemy law,that too in front of their kids.So thats their level of ''tolerance''.We should worry about ourselves..
There is a lot of sense in what you said. I tend to agree politically more with Right most often, but some recent incidents are worrying, for instance the 'Ghar Vapsi' etc..There would be this blowback and counter blowback with no reconciliation in sight. A nation needs to keep a close eye on the right extremist ideology and nullify them when they grow beyond a point where they are no longer useful for nation building, the bogey that Pakistan seems to have missed with terrorism.

There has been a Pakistani movie based on Islam. It openely criticised Islamic extremism, and echos the view of the average Pakistani. Called Khuda Kay Liye, stars Fawad Khan, Shaan and Naseeruddin Shah. Perhaps the most popular Pakistani movie. r_0QgduCv9M
LOL...I have seen the movie and it touches nothing. It talks a bit about beard not being mandatory ( giving Abu Jahil's beard example) , music ( mauseekhi) is OK and even in that movie, Nasseer says Allah is not against muslims marrying on other religions but he will be upset ( gunaah to nahin lekin naa pasandeeda hain Khuda ke liye )... In PK, there is a scene where he buys a small idol and asks for food sitting with beggars and then someone gives a samosa. He becomes happy and asks for his remote. He does not get it and then says is the battery of God over. Do that in a movie with Prophet Mohammad/Allah in Pakistan and we can talk about tolerance levels in India/Pakistan and movies also

LOL...I have seen the movie and it touches nothing. It talks a bit about beard not being mandatory, music is OK and even in that movie, Nasseer says Allah is not against muslims marrying on other religions but he will be upset ( gunaah to nahin lekin naa pasandeeda hain Khuda ke liye )... In PK, there is a scene where he buys a small idol and asks for food sitting with beggars and then someone gives a samosa. He becomes happy and asks for his remote. He does not get it and then says is the battery of God over. Do that in a movie with Prophet Mohammad/Allah in Pakistan and we can talk about tolerance levels in India/Pakistan and movies also
I can safely say you have never met a Pakistani in your life. Go visit some Pakistani forums at least to learn more about Pakistan. People on Pakistani forums are far more tolerant than those here.

I can safely say you have never met a Pakistani in your life. Go visit some Pakistani forums at least to learn more about Pakistan. People on Pakistani forums are far more tolerant than those here.
As usual no answers when questioned directly. So typical and expected from you. Don't even talk about Pakistani forums and their tolerance. I have been banned in Pakistan forums as I said Sehwag is better than Taufeeq Umar and the moderator took it personally. Get off your high horse. I have good Pakistani friends from the time I was in UK for more than a decade. Thankfully, they are not like you. They always wished that Pakistan learns from India on religious tolerance and development and not go on the extremist path that it is.

As usual no answers when questioned directly. So typical and expected from you. Don't even talk about Pakistani forums and their tolerance. I have been banned in Pakistan forums as I said Sehwag is better than Taufeeq Umar and the moderator took it personally. Get off your high horse. I have good Pakistani friends from the time I was in UK for more than a decade. Thankfully, they are not like you. They always wished that Pakistan learns from India on religious tolerance and development and not go on the extremist path that it is.
When there are 30 people quoting me and saying the same thing I can't keep repeating what I've said. And I'm pretty sure you didn't get banned just for stating Sehwag is better; if you posted there like you do here then I'm not surprised you were banned. 'Not like you...' . Yes, because you clearly know me very well. And no Pakistani wants Pakistan to go on the extremist path. Fact. While Pakistanis are being abused here...there is a thread on the Pakistani forum where Indians and Pakistanis are praising each other. Please go and have a look.

But those are extremists. The average, normal Muslim has nothing to do with terrorism.
Dude, tell me one thing. Can there be a debate on something to decide if it is right or wrong in-spite of an explicit statement in Koran advocating or forbidding it ? Can Islam allow this to happen ? The answer is 'no' from many popular proponents, that is the problem with religion esp Islam rules are not set by normal people its by the custodians.

When there are 30 people quoting me and saying the same thing I can't keep repeating what I've said. And I'm pretty sure you didn't get banned just for stating Sehwag is better; if you posted there like you do here then I'm not surprised you were banned. 'Not like you...' . Yes, because you clearly know me very well. And no Pakistani wants Pakistan to go on the extremist path. Fact. While Pakistanis are being abused here...there is a thread on the Pakistani forum where Indians and Pakistanis are praising each other. Please go and have a look.
Forget about forum,Can Salman Rushdie ever be allowed to enter Pakistan..?If not...? Why..?

I'm still shocked and surprised to find many supporting this act. Many my dad's age, usually more restraint and mature seems to be taking an exception and supporting this act of cruelty since it involves "insulting the prophet." Like Bill Maher says, all bets are off if you insult the prophet.

+1 I was on one Pakistani forum. One girl was arguing with her fellow country men about mannerism. She used me to explain to them what decency meant. She PMed me to ask about my details. Moderator learnt about it some how. End result - I got booted from there. :hysterical:

I know that Pakistani forums can't have freedom of speech hence I don't post there. Seriously Sehwag > Tafeeq Umar is offensive? :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Also, thanks for the offer but I am happy where I am. I made posts supporting a so-called extreme muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi in Political section but nobody called me a muslim extremist. That is India and that is what we love. :icflove:

+1 I was on one Pakistani forum. One girl was arguing with her fellow country men about mannerism. She used me to explain to them what decency meant. She PMed me to ask about my details. Moderator learnt about it some how. End result - I got booted from there. :hysterical:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: oi .. dont discuss other forum, this was hilarious btw

Wasn't aware of the recent updates. So their compatriots attacked a Jewish supermarket' date=' killed 4 people before were taken down. Should've kept them alive and tortured everyday. Bullet is too easy for them.[/quote'] i was also disappointed with the result..its not justice for the poor police man who got shot close range when he was clearly surrendering...poor guy, he should have tried to run..

Yeah you're right Naseeruddin Shah comes at the end of the movie. It basically criticises the misconceptions created by some Moulvis. Taking pictures is fine but the reason we are not allowed pictures of the prophets is to avoid idolism etc. There a lot of difference between inciting hatred, showing extreme ignorance towards a religion and criticising the misuse of religion (to make money for example). It's OK to criticise religion, but it's not OK to mock a religion and people's believes. Though the fact that people died because of it is extremely sad and wrong. And I have already said why it would be wrong to use Islam instead of Hinduism.
As long as people are not coming to your house, blocking your way or going to your place of worship, its perfectly ok to say whatever they want. You are free to ignore and move on. I dont understand why people are so worked up about this thing. Not all content on the newspaper, TV or interwebs is supposed to be read unless you want to. :orderorder: